Poll: Addicted to the Escapist ?

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
pompom8volt said:
grimsprice said:
hours. just. hours upon hours. totally addicted

how can you not be addicted to a website that actually has an awesome community, and not, say, a chatroom full of twats and fanboys.
You mean forum and not chatroom, right? Because if there's a chatroom can't believe I have been living my life without it.

I'm on 10+ times a day but unless i feel the need to watch a ton of videos i only stay for 5 minuets to and hour.
yes. i meant the forum/thread doo-hicky's.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Leesee said:
This is only my 2nd day. Last night i remember signing up at 7 pm and not getting off until 2 in the morning. I got on before I went to work and I got off at work at 3 and guess where I am?
Gotta get my fix lol.
Hope you enjoy your stay here. Go for the Gonzo gold.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
Dancingman said:
grimsprice said:
Dancingman said:
grimsprice said:

how can you not be addicted to a website that actually has an awesome community, and not, say, a chatroom full of twats and fanboys.
Seconded! I love this site and its superb community. We can have politics and religion threads without it desolving into "I'm right, you're wrong and your mother was a hamster." And I can make fun of animes and TV shows I don't like, support the ones I do, and still never catch any flak. Plus I get to listen to an angry British man complain hilariously about games that have it coming to them, this site could only be better if it distributed milk and chocolate-chip cookies whenever I went on.

Actually, that last part should be the subject of a new update to the site, make it happen mods.
haha. can't agree more. this community has an unparalleled ability to spot trolls and flamers and apply gratuitous amounts of sarcasm to drowned out their tremulous screaming and put out their flamethrowers. we are. the jedi order.
yes. the Padawans are learning well here. someday when our numbers grow enough we will invade the Sith homeworld of 4chan. but that day is a long ways off.

Indeed, and the decent-sized amount of 13 and 14-year olds on the site is a model to gamer kids everywhere.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Too many times. I'm so bored, and The Escapist has so many interesting things to read and debate over.

Leesee

Aug 9, 2009
Darkrai said:
Leesee said:
This is only my 2nd day. Last night i remember signing up at 7 pm and not getting off until 2 in the morning. I got on before I went to work and I got off at work at 3 and guess where I am?
Gotta get my fix lol.
Hope you enjoy your stay here. Go for the Gonzo gold.
hell yeah lol :)

Leesee

Aug 9, 2009
crazyhaircut94 said:
Too many times. I'm so bored, and The Escapist has so many interesting things to read and debate over.
Couldn't agree more when I came here I found Intelligent Life lol

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
grimsprice said:
I always thought that the Escapist community's most endearing quality was its tolerance of gaming preferences. That, or the swift and brutal banhammer.

To be honest, I have become somewhat disenchanted with the community, and have just returned from a month spent elsewhere. Suffice to say: I didn't really miss you guys much.

Sendo1920

Aug 7, 2009
I'm on 3-5 times a day, for anywhere ranging between 5 minutes to 5 hours, depending on my mood.

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
I'm only on briefly but I check semi-regularly. I'm more active if I've actually released an article in the past day or two so that I can engage in any discussion it generates.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
I used to be on here all the time. Within the last few months though, my frequency of patrolling the boards has been down a lot though. It is still my homepage though, so I can keep up and up on gaming news and read the great articles here.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
I tend to leave it open and refresh for interesting topics and whatnot. If I had to put a number on it, 10+ would sound right.

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
berethond said:
When I'm at home, I'm on the Escapist.
And it's not an addiction!
I can quit whenever I want!
*Sobs silently*

XD

Ahh I'm here almost every day since I've been on holiday, loving it!

-Joe

Kriptonite

Jul 3, 2009
One of my tabs is ALWAYS on the escapist. For some reason I'm usually apprehensive about closing an Escapist tab. It's not like I can't just go back. I don't know, I guess I like the recent threads.

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
grimsprice said:
Dancingman said:
grimsprice said:
Dancingman said:
grimsprice said:

Seconded! I love this site and its superb community. We can have politics and religion threads without it desolving into "I'm right, you're wrong and your mother was a hamster." And I can make fun of animes and TV shows I don't like, support the ones I do, and still never catch any flak. Plus I get to listen to an angry British man complain hilariously about games that have it coming to them, this site could only be better if it distributed milk and chocolate-chip cookies whenever I went on.

Actually, that last part should be the subject of a new update to the site, make it happen mods.
haha. can't agree more. this community has an unparalleled ability to spot trolls and flamers and apply gratuitous amounts of sarcasm to drowned out their tremulous screaming and put out their flamethrowers. we are. the jedi order.
yes. the Padawans are learning well here. someday when our numbers grow enough we will invade the Sith homeworld of 4chan. but that day is a long ways off.

Indeed, and the decent-sized amount of 13 and 14-year olds on the site is a model to gamer kids everywhere.
We must not invade 4chan, for if we do, we shall be corrupted by their teachings, as they were when they fell.