Poll: After the china-incident do tou believe in aliens?

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Could we get a frackin link to whatever the hell this "China incident" is?? The only discussion value here is in regards to the whole aliens thing, but I'd love to know wtf the OP is talking about.

As for aliens, yeah I'm sure there's plenty of aliens out there. Just not here. In fact, we might find aliens on one of the moons of Jupiter as soon as that mission gets under way. Let me clarify: by aliens I mean possibly just single cell organisms, but maybe larger.

Rensenhito

Jan 28, 2009
I believe in life in other galaxies, sure. I DON'T believe, however, that it could be advanced enough to reach us. Even if it was advanced enough, I don't believe it would be able to find us without some EXTREMELY advanced technology.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
Pipsquid said:
As long as there is no freaking predator or something comming and murdering us, i would hug them. Apart from that china thing, i always believed in aliens.
You make me think..
Leading to
Thoughts:
AvPR china style would be amazing.. predators jumping through the shanty walls of an ancient Chinese village and busting up aliens on the Great wall. Of course the Chinese Government would never ever let a camera crew do that. So, the only solution is, coup the Chinese government with Hollywood.

OT:
I've always fetl that there isnt any possible way that we could be alone, as for space-faring aliens, I can only see 3 ways that they would exist, as peaceful, observer-types. War-mongering, blowup/take over/kill-us-all types, of some cross of transformers(protect humanity for personal reasons) and a star fleet ship.

i would either want to first o the last, obivously, first because if we could ever find and communicate, then there is so much to learn, or the last because if their is one race of alien-friends, ther will be 5 more ready to kill us.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
The Geek Lord said:
El Poncho said:
It is kinda hard not to believe in Aliens. You can't possibly think in this infinite universe that we are the only planet with lifeforms on it?
Fun fact; the universe isn't infinite.
http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/uni_fate.html

Assuming that the latest data on the NASA website is representative, well then sir, NASA would disagree with that statement.

drdamo

May 17, 2010
I don't believe in aliens regardless of whatever happens. At least not in the aliens that look and behave identical to us.
Keep in mind that lifeforms need fluids to live (we, earth, water; humans are waterbased). Since there are but a few planets supposedly having water (even less if you look at the quantities) together with atmospherical properties that partially match our own, it is gonna be a longshot to assume there will be aliens that behave like us.
Even if you take another fluid instead of water, you still need some form of atmosphere for it to work. So basically you'd need a planet that has the same rotation and the same distance from their galaxy's heat/light source as earth and its water compared to the sun.
I'd rather call them lifeforms than aliens and they'll be looking alot more like bacteria then quadrupeds or us bipeds.

However, if you'd knew how advanced our technology is in truth, you'll stop believing in stereotypical aliens aswell.
Keep in mind that humans are greedy S's 'o B's who'll do anything to stop better technology from going public if the old technology still brings in the cash. Like medicine; they won't give us something new untill the research and production costs from the old products have been achieved and started to make a big profit and even then they won't give us something new untill the demand for the new product exceeds the demand for the old. one.
Nor do we implement better and efficient fuel as long as there is still gass, oil and coal to be mined.

In short:
Something flew over China, civillians say its aliens, China's government says its a military experiment and you know what, i believe their government for once.

Stone Wera

Feb 13, 2010
I think that there have been dozens of other incidents that have been overlooked. But yes, I believe that there is life other than our own out there in the universe.

NiPah said:
Do I believe in aliens? yes
Do I believe that was an alien UFO? no
Essentially this.

RabidusUnus

Oct 7, 2009
I most definitely believe in aliens in this galaxy. I do not believe any of them have visited us, though. If they had observed us, then they would know that we were sentient, and they would either make first contact, or not believe we were worthy of their attention.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
We live in either an infinite, or at least fucking huge, universe. The idea that there aren't aliens is far more preposterous than the idea that they are. It's a far more logical claim than something like a god, and plenty (see: far too many) people believe in that.

The claim that they visit this planet though is silly, again because of the universe's size.

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
I don't believe that we are the only lifeform in the universe, but I don't think any other lifeforms have make contact with Earth.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
El Poncho said:
It is kinda hard not to believe in Aliens. You can't possibly think in this infinite universe that we are the only planet with lifeforms on it?
This. However, I believe what I saw on the China video was perfectly terrestrial.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
Yes, but I actually hadn't heard of this until today. Interesting stuff.

odanhammer

Oct 11, 2009
i recall a story of before the first settlers came to the america's of how the native people couldn't see there ships when as they were comming toward the island.
The medicine man only noticed the shape of the water like that of a boat moving in it and stared at it for days until he finally saw the boats , and even then he had to convince his tribes people that there were boats.

I believe there are aliens , and that prehaps its possible that they have visited us or are doing so currently, and maybe prehaps we can't see the ships even if they are floating right above our cities because of the same problem the tribes people had.

The China problem is highly likely to be something far worse then a alien ship , but rather some rather large destructive bomb or missile that is being tested not working properly.
I'd rather it be aliens then some bomb launching system being tested.

ReSpawn

Feb 24, 2009
People are silly creatures, with no concept of scale. How come people can use the size of the universe and the numerousness of stars and planets to justify their belief in alien life, but not figure out that it also precludes us ever meeting them?

It's highly probable that life exists somewhere else in the universe.

It's highly improbable that they have developed a method for interstellar or intergalactic travel.

Not to mention the problem of actually finding us in the first place...

Aye, physics be a harsh mistress.

Reverend Del

Feb 17, 2010
Given the vast distances involved between solar systems, the likelihood of us being visited by any alien race is small. In fact that they may have existed or will one day exist is not in doubt in my mind. That they exist concurrently with us? Possible, but probably not advanced enough to come visit us for casual flybys, abductions and the odd cattle mutilation. Come to think of it, if they are advanced enough to do that, wouldn't they be advanced enough to avoid us seeing them?

Tyrannowalefish_Rex

May 30, 2009
Even if there suddenly appeared real UFOs with real Aliens, I'd suggest to ignore them until they come up with something more original and plausbile.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
How can one not believe in Aliens? It would be a HUUUUUUUUGE waste of space if we were the only organic matter amongst all other infinite matter. It's also hard to believe that we could possibly be the only intelligent life forms as well, math says no.

And the China incident is clearly some kind of rocket. You can see it has a propulsion system similiar to a Nasa craft and that it enters a secone phase about thirty seconds into the video... just like Nasa's rockets do. The burn trail looks odd though, maybe they are testing out a new kind of fuel or something that dissipates in the atmosphere differently. There is absolutely no evidence given in this video that could not be explained rationally and with the aid of modern science.

batuea

Jun 30, 2009
Estocavio said:
See now, while it could have been extraterrestrial, it still could have actually been a fast moving experimental aircraft. What was that boat called where they tried to invert light into itself to create invisibility?

Or it could have actually been extraterrestrial...
Philadelphia Project... it had disastrous results, but yeah its ignorant to think that in the whole universe we are the only intelligent life.