Poll: After today's big reveal, are you getting a Wii U?

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
crimson sickle2 said:
Xenoblade and Wonderful 101 definitely have me staring at the Wii U sales, but I'm still a little cautious. I figure if they get one more game to hook me, then I'd probably be in. Currently, that controller is just giving me bad vibes.
The pro controller is compatible with everything and I've heard good things about the gamepad, since it has a full array of it's own buttons as well as the touch screen. Though I'm yet to get mine so I can't speak from first hand experience yet.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Well, lets just hope none of the wanted titles in that list pulls a freaking Megaman Legends 3 on people. Next to Final Fantasy XIII I don't think anything annoyed me as much as when I bought a 3DS because of Megaman Legends 3 followed by capcom pulling the plug on the project for rather obscure reasons. At least the Vita hasn't disappointed me yet... well, it almost did with all the inspired ports of current gen home console games like Assassins Creed and Call of Duty. Gravity Rush, Rayman Origins, and Persona 4 the Golden sold the system for me.

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Out of that whole list, and a few others I've heard, the only thing that remotely grabs my interest is Bayonetta 2.

And as much as I love the first one, I'm not buying a console for just one game, but I might depending on what else comes out later.
Pretty much this, verbatim.
Even if Wind Waker is my favourite Zelda game, I already have it. A remake would have to add a lot for me to consider buying the game again.
In addition, I'm waiting for a model of the console that doesn't have such incredibly limited HD space.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
SkarKrow said:
Nazulu said:
How many of these games allow me to use that Xbox looking controller instead? I really don't want to use that over sized game boy.
Almost all of them since they have identical button layouts.
Thanks for that, I was hoping for it.

I'm going to make sure every thing is clear before I purchase a Wii U, but I'll most likely wait till some more games are released.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Nazulu said:
SkarKrow said:
Nazulu said:
How many of these games allow me to use that Xbox looking controller instead? I really don't want to use that over sized game boy.

I'm going to make sure every thing is clear before I purchase a Wii U, but I'll most likely wait till some more games are released.
Not a problem, Blunty did a rather in depth review of the system as a whole including the launch line up, the controllers, how it all felt to use, etc, that I found rather informative and helpful, here's the first part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Ai0P-ui40

Should help to clear things up for you it did for me. The lack of analog triggers is bizarre but hardly a big issue when they're only really helpful for racing sims. I'm sold on it tbh, there's a bunch of games I already want and tonnes on the horizon so I'm up for it.

Oddly a lot of what people seem to dislike about the console seems to be seeping from ignorance about the hardware.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
...fuck you Capcom. I'm going to murder everyone who works for you and their families as soon as such a thing is practical. And I'm going to do it with an Agito, you bastards.

Other than that, Bayonetta 2 would be nice. But I'm not buying it for two games, and I wouldn't buy it for the former out of principal.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
SkarKrow said:
Nazulu said:
SkarKrow said:
Nazulu said:

Not a problem, Blunty did a rather in depth review of the system as a whole including the launch line up, the controllers, how it all felt to use, etc, that I found rather informative and helpful, here's the first part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Ai0P-ui40

Should help to clear things up for you it did for me. The lack of analog triggers is bizarre but hardly a big issue when they're only really helpful for racing sims. I'm sold on it tbh, there's a bunch of games I already want and tonnes on the horizon so I'm up for it.

Oddly a lot of what people seem to dislike about the console seems to be seeping from ignorance about the hardware.
Yeah, actually this system in particular is doing much better than the game cube and Wii as far as the line up goes. Comparatively, the Wii U also has a better line up than either the Xbox 360 or ps3 had back when they were at a similar point in their launch cycle, so all in all it's probably a safe future purchase. Of course, the PS3 and 360 also hit right around the decline of the local video game rental industry and the rise of review insanity, so that probably colors some peoples opinions on the titles available.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Colt47 said:
SkarKrow said:
Nazulu said:
SkarKrow said:
Nazulu said:

Yeah, actually this system in particular is doing much better than the game cube and Wii as far as the line up goes. Comparatively, the Wii U also has a better line up than either the Xbox 360 or ps3 had back when they were at a similar point in their launch cycle, so all in all it's probably a safe future purchase. Of course, the PS3 and 360 also hit right around the decline of the local video game rental industry and the rise of review insanity, so that probably colors some peoples opinions on the titles available.
The line up is really good for the stage in it's life with a lot of interesting games just over the horizon, honestly it's a good lineup if you ask me the PS3 and 360 had dreadful launch lineups comparitively.

It has all the shit people seem to want like the CODs and AC's of the world, two franchises I have come to lose interest in, but it has platformers. I grew up in the 90's. I like my platformers. As I've said elsewhere there's 10+ games I want already out or coming very soon, so I'll be ordering mine with haste.

But I was more referring to ignorance about the hardware itself, the controller and the options available to players. It reeks of the "let's hate Nintendo" bandwagon and I've seen an increase around The Escapist in "der it's kiddy there's no COD!" type posts, which is something I do not expect on this site. IGN or GameSpot, sure, whatever, but not The Escapist.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Yep, now I just need money.

The seven seconds I saw of that Monolith Soft game were sex.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
jackpackage200 said:
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
Xenoblade 2
SMT X Fire Emblem
Resident Evil Revelations
Injustice Gods Among Us
Rayman Legends
Bayonetta 2

I sure as hell am.
Yeeaaah nooooo. All I see is a couple of ports from the previous generation and a few series I've never really gotten into. So yeah, the WiiU will go and continue my trend of not bothering to get any Nintendo consoles.

C'est la vie.....

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Nope. I don't see any reason to buy a Nintendo console at this point. Nothing on that list interests me in the slightest. Hell, nothing in the original Wii games library interests me in the slightest, except maybe a Zelda game. Really not worth buying a console for, if you ask me. I'll be waiting for the PS4. Unless of course that one goes all gimmicky, then I'll just skip a generation and stick to PC.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I do not want a WiiU.

At all.

In the slightest.

I want to play this XenoBlades successor and I want to play the MonHun title.

But I do not want to pay that price for a last gen piece of hardware.

Fuck you, Nintendo. And fuck your $170 iFad controller.

Sould1n

Jan 23, 2011
I already own one... I'm a little disappointed at how many people answered no on the poll but then again, the community of the Escapist has never been all that Nintendo friendly.

Anyway, The Wonderful 101 is a game I've been looking forward to since it was announced, and was the game I wanted most as a launch title. I was very disappointed to find out that it wouldn't be out by launch and that it may be released quite a bit later for those living in the UK and Europe.

I naturally want Super Smash Bros but I know that's not coming out for a while, I'd assume Christmas time 2014, if we're lucky. It will be nice to see screen shots and a trailer for it at this year's E3... I'm also hoping the start up a Dojo site for it like with Brawl; I loved following each of the updates.

I loved Kirby's Epic Yarn, though I love all things Kirby, and it's nice to see a spiritual successor to it. My little brother's favourite Mario character is Yoshi so I think this will be a good game to get for his Birthday or Christmas. Here's hoping it has a co-op mode.

I was disappointed by Mario 64 and was put off from 3D Mario games, but when I got a small chance with Super Mario Galaxy 2 I found it to be incredible, so depending on how it looks at E3, I might also purchase this new Mario game.

Wind Waker is my favourite Legend of Zelda so there's a purchase or Christmas present addition for me.

There are still some things I'm hoping for, for instance I'd love to see the next BlazBlue game available on the Wii U. I would also like to see some of Nintendo's IP's that haven't been getting much love make an appearance, like a new Star Fox or F-Zero game (heck, surprise me with an all region?s Panel de Pon starring Lip or a console made game of Dillon's Rolling Western). Nowadays though I don't play games quite as much as I used to so hey, maybe this will be enough to satisfy me. The future of the Wii U looks promising.

Nexxis

Jan 16, 2012
Hardly. Of the list, only Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate catches my interest as a friend of mine spoke highly of the series. Other than that, I'm still waiting for more content and games that I will play for more than an hour.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
SkarKrow said:
Nazulu said:
SkarKrow said:
Nazulu said:

Thanks again. I'll check it out soon. I've already used the controller in store and it's not what I'm looking for. I really dislike having my hands spaced apart so much, and looking down in at the screen is a backwards move when I have a lovely big TV I'd rather look at.

Also, it isn't odd that there are a lot of people who love and hate something before they've even tried it. That's always happened from my experience.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Not really...The only games that Interest me there are Injustice and Bayonetta 2, and I can get the former on my current console.

I'm not a nintendo hater though, I may get a WiiU in a few years.

Ashadowpie

Feb 3, 2012
i dont think i'll ever get it, to be honest. i Love Zelda games and Mario games and i do own a wii, but i tried the mario games AND Skyward Sword and...painfully because of the waggle shit i Hated it all. my Wii is strictly a freakin older game port now. stupid waggle. seriously the only Wii games i play is Smash Brothers cuz you can use the GC controller and New Mario World Wii cuz again, you dont need to use the freakin wii remote!

god i hate that controller * rages at stubbornness *

i'll look into it in a couple years time once it actually Has games on the damn thing and its also way cheaper. i might even get it used since i'll mostly likly never use it and i perfer playing games with an actual controller, not a useless gimmick of a handheld inventory/map/Ipad controller *sigh*

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
Just want to say its not Xenoblade 2, its just another monolith RPG with no announced name yet :) anyway i already have one and this was a glorious day for nintendo!