Poll: After today's big reveal, are you getting a Wii U?

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
MattAn24 said:
EHRMERGERD SO INNOVATIVE.

I have a PC. All the innovation in the gaming industry is occuring on my gaming machine of choice, whilst the console gamers get generic shooters and motion control flailers. Fact is, I don't give a toss what MicroSonTendo are doing with their products, because it doesn't affect me in the slightest.

I get the best indie games, I get the best digital distribution system, the best graphics, the best moddability and the shiniest hardware to play it all on XD

But do keep laughing, as long as you're having fun.

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
MattAn24 said:
Aarowbeatsdragon said:
Just want to say its not Xenoblade 2, its just another monolith RPG with no announced name yet :) anyway i already have one and this was a glorious day for nintendo!
There was clearly many mechanics reminiscent of Xenoblade.. And.. There was also the giant red painted X at the end of the trailer, so... ;)
once again i stand corrected :) But what i more meant was that it might just be a spiritual successor but im probably wrong there :)

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
I defiantly want Baynetta 2, Monster Hunter, Wonderful 101, and the new Zelda but I'm gonna wait till the games are out so I know for a fact if they are good enough to justify the purchase. And just saying having tried the control at a friends house it's not a turn off, I was a little worried that it looked to big and clunky to hold comfortably but it works just as well as any other controller.

Pulse

Nov 16, 2012
GrimHeaper said:
Did you look at the NG3 trailer? Nintendo themselves actually went over this with them to fix it for their version to the point it's pretty different.
And you already have a ps3 why mention what you are already got.
How is 101 not your thing, to "japensy" for you?
It's an action game it should be to your tastes.
So doing on the fly ingame plans isn't useful?
Not into lego games? They are practically the same as any other game, why not?
You also said you JUST looked at 101, yet you say the wii U doesn't have enough.
All you told me is you didn't look at all the games it has or will have. I shouldn't bother with you.
You have shown what is exactly wrong with this generation saying they aren't interested without even fully looking.
Like some person only looking at 3 flavors of girl scout cookies and saying you aren't interested when there are 100 more to look through. If you are going to make a claim and say you don't want x or want x. DON'T BE LAZY.
*CRUNCH* add another to the heap.
I did more than watch a trailer....I read the reviews, it's "better than it was, but still bad" seems to be the general consensus.
I mentioned it for context, so you can understand where I'm coming from in terms of how I choose a console.
You're going to grill me as to why a game doesn't appeal to me? Let's just assume it's not out of spite ok?
Action games vary wildly...it's like saying all racing games are the same.
A minor tweak (fifa) that I don't see as being useful isn't much of a swinger.
I've played lego games, on the xbox(!), they are boring, easy, and very simple IMO.
"Just" as in just now, not as in "only". As in "I've just shat myself".
So yeah, that's not what I "told" you.
What heap did I join?

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Arqus_Zed said:
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - nope
Pikmin 3 - double nope
Wind Waker HD - buying a console for an HD re-release? Don't think so.
Xenoblade 2 - DAMMIT ALL!
SMT X Fire Emblem - I like SMT, I don't care about Fire Emblem. The crossover seems rather forced actually, like Tekken x Street Fighter.
Resident Evil Revelations - nope
Injustice Gods Among Us - Not an exclusive.
Rayman Legends - Again, not an exclusive.
Bayonetta 2 - making Bayonetta 2 before Okami 2? Fuck you.
Rayman Legends is an exclusive. Your thinking of Rayman Origins. This is it's sequel:

SirPlindington

Jun 28, 2012
Nah. I'm excited for Wind Waker HD, but more for other people than for myself. Pikmin 3 also seems pretty good, and I liked the other games, but I'm not gonna get the Wii U for 2 games. Still cool if you already have one, and I'm happy that the Wii U doesn't seem to be the flop I think a lot of people were expecting, as was I.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
tippy2k2 said:
Meh...none of those really interest me...wait.....a Fire Emblem game!?!

FUCK YEAH I'M.....wait.......this is a fighter?
Nope, it's a cross over RPG. Atlus and Nintendo are working on it together. Part Fire Emblem, part SMT. All parts awesome...
Mind = Blown

OT: Well fuck, now I am!

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Nope. Those are some nice exclusives, but the console still seems like a total waste of time to me. Plus, I'd rather spend the money on upgrades for my PC, which is what I play on anyway.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
jackpackage200 said:
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Pikmin 3
Not a fan of either of those games.

Wind Waker HD
Do people really think this game is worth a replay? It was good once or twice I guess, but I'd rather replay OoT on N64 than have an HD WW.

Xenoblade 2
SMT X Fire Emblem
Never played.

Resident Evil Revelations
Another one?

Injustice Gods Among Us
This actually looks pretty sweet, not gonna lie.

Rayman Legends
Bayonetta 2
Erhem... ANOTHER ONE?

Yeah, in no way is this list enough for me to buy one of Nintendo's new "We're Sooo Different" consoles that's just gonna lose it's third party support because of a silly obscure controller choice.

Off topic: This sequel bullshit NEEDS TO STOP on every platform.

[HEADING=2]MAKE A NEW IP[/HEADING]

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
I'm still not sure about the Wii U. I mean, yea the graphics are better then the Wii but ehhhhhhhhh.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
0 interest in a console that uses gimicky controllers (again) and with games released on it that A) are already released on other consoles or B) Not worth playing imo.

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
Arqus_Zed said:
Bayonetta 2 - making Bayonetta 2 before Okami 2? Fuck you.
Okami had a sequal, Okamiden for the DS. Grantded you didn't play as Amataratsu but as her kid.

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
I like how the title and OP apparently take for granted than everyone knows whats this "Today´s big reveal" is. Because I dont have a sligth idea of what the hell does that mean.

Either way I am not really interested in consoles anymore, the PC is better in 9 out of 10 situations (the exceptions begin Simplicy of use And maybe exclusives).

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
I like how the title and OP apparently take for granted than everyone knows whats this "Today´s big reveal" is. Because I dont have a sligth idea of what the hell does that mean.

Either way I am not really interested in consoles anymore, the PC is better in 9 out of 10 situations (the exceptions begin Simplicy of use And maybe exclusives).

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
Pulse said:
GrimHeaper said:
Did you look at the NG3 trailer? Nintendo themselves actually went over this with them to fix it for their version to the point it's pretty different.
And you already have a ps3 why mention what you are already got.
How is 101 not your thing, to "japensy" for you?
It's an action game it should be to your tastes.
So doing on the fly ingame plans isn't useful?
Not into lego games? They are practically the same as any other game, why not?
You also said you JUST looked at 101, yet you say the wii U doesn't have enough.
All you told me is you didn't look at all the games it has or will have. I shouldn't bother with you.
You have shown what is exactly wrong with this generation saying they aren't interested without even fully looking.
Like some person only looking at 3 flavors of girl scout cookies and saying you aren't interested when there are 100 more to look through. If you are going to make a claim and say you don't want x or want x. DON'T BE LAZY.
*CRUNCH* add another to the heap.
I did more than watch a trailer....I read the reviews, it's "better than it was, but still bad" seems to be the general consensus.
I mentioned it for context, so you can understand where I'm coming from in terms of how I choose a console.
You're going to grill me as to why a game doesn't appeal to me? Let's just assume it's not out of spite ok?
Action games vary wildly...it's like saying all racing games are the same.
A minor tweak (fifa) that I don't see as being useful isn't much of a swinger.
I've played lego games, on the xbox(!), they are boring, easy, and very simple IMO.
"Just" as in just now, not as in "only". As in "I've just shat myself".
So yeah, that's not what I "told" you.
What heap did I join?
This one here
If you are going off of reviews then.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/lego-the-lord-of-the-rings
Well look at that. You played a lego game on the xbox that was so damn long ago?
You are telling me you actually don't give games a new look if they are still going 5-10 years later?

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Nope. I got suckered in by the Wii last go around, and I'm completely soured on Nintendo.

Unless they do something really interesting with 1st party titles... Maybe a Realistic-Gritty Mario game in the same vein as the Zelda Games, with an actual story and voice acting. Something near that level, that radical new direction for their IPs, I have no interest in the Wii U. The touch screen seems innovative, but just like last time I doubt 3rd party developers will actually do anything cool with it.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
aguspal said:

Forgive me for asking but why do you have a Mario Avatar if you don't much care about Nentendo anymore?

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
SaneAmongInsane said:
Nope. I got suckered in by the Wii last go around, and I'm completely soured on Nintendo.

Unless they do something really interesting with 1st party titles... Maybe a Realistic-Gritty Mario game in the same vein as the Zelda Games, with an actual story and voice acting. Something near that level, that radical new direction for their IPs, I have no interest in the Wii U. The touch screen seems innovative, but just like last time I doubt 3rd party developers will actually do anything cool with it.
I could recommend good wii games if you still have it.
It picks up as he goes.
It can be played with classic controls

Taurus Vis

Jan 12, 2013
Vault101 said:
this is a big anouncment?..eh

I'll get a Wii U if

-an awsome New Metroid trillogy with a great cohearant story with a good end
-it is better than a PC
-it is a sentient robot that will clean my room
-it doubles as a energy drink despencer
-it has blue neon lights

so..never in other words
Your asking for a lot, I mean come on, a new Metroid? The one franchise that Nintendo has that hasn't been done to death that has a positive female protagonist, could be made into a very mature and dark story, and has mass market appeal because of it's genre? Why would they ever do that?