Poll: am I the only one who likes rainy days?

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I like the cold, wet and dark weather. I can stay inside and listen to progressive rock :)

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Technically, I like it when it's snowing. Dunno if that counts, but if it does...then I do.

The reason, you ask?

Judgment90

Sep 4, 2012
I don't mind rain personally, but it makes the climate humid and makes the grass grow, which is annoying.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
I love rainy days.
Especially when it's really coming down.
I think being outside in rain is fun.
But being inside when it's raining outside is my favourite thing.

Still, for some reason the noise of rain on windows makes me really sleepy.
This is why I'm glad I don't drive because if it is raining and I'm in a car I will just fall asleep.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Sunny is weather.
Rainy is weather.
Sunny days are hot, overly bright, and causes people to mill about while making noise.
Rainy days are cool, has pleasantly dimmed lighting, causes people to stay indoors and make less noise, and has a pleasant ambient sound as a bonus.
Rain is best weather.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
I'm British and can't comprehend people enjoying the rain. The only times I like it are listening to it while going to sleep, and when I'm working because it means less people will be eating there.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
"How" I answered that way? Well you see, I clicked "Yes" and...

/smartass

I like rainy days but there are some 'depends' to it. Inside with nothing to do but game? Love it. Outside for a leisurely stroll? Awesome. Walking outside to work or an appointment? Fucking hate it.

Dwarfare

Nov 10, 2008
When you're in a four year drought going on five, rain is the best thing there is. The scarcity makes it very precious.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
I'm British and can't comprehend people enjoying the rain. The only times I like it are listening to it while going to sleep, and when I'm working because it means less people will be eating there.
I don't get the British people not liking rain thing.
British here, I love rain, wouldn't wanna live anywhere else.
I mean, I know we complain about the rain, but we complain about everything. =P

dfb1999

Oct 7, 2012
It's nice if you have nothing to do so you can curl up inside and play videogames, or if it's warm and you have a light shower to cool you off, but otherwise, it kinda sucks.

L0dest0ne

Sep 24, 2012
No. You are not the only one. I lived in seattle for awhile and I miss the rain. It's just so relaxing...

rockoffanddie

Apr 8, 2009
Im a brit who used to not mind rain, until I got glasses at which point rain became particularly annoying to me when I cant see.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
I grew up in Galveston, Texas, where it's 95 F and 95% humidity nine months of the year. When the temperature hits the 50's and it gets overcast and rainy---THAT'S X-MAS WEATHER!!! As such cool rainy days always pep me up.

FalloutJack said:
I'm from Pittsburgh. Need I say more?
Please. Call me ignorant but I don't know what Pittsburgh's weather is reputedly like.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Copper Zen said:
I grew up in Galveston, Texas, where it's 95 F and 95% humidity nine months of the year. When the temperature hits the 50's and it gets overcast and rainy---THAT'S X-MAS WEATHER!!! As such cool rainy days always pep me up.

FalloutJack said:
Please. Call me ignorant but I don't know what Pittsburgh's weather is reputedly like.
A reputation of rain exceeding that of Seattle at this point.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
I love rainy days, I love the sound of rain and I love being outside in the rain. I dont even usually wear coats and luckily for me I live in a town that beats the UK average for rainfall and rainy days.

And when it doesn't rain I have this:

http://www.rainymood.com/

FalloutJack said:
Copper Zen said:

FalloutJack said:
Not being from the US and not knowing anything about US city rainfall amounts I found this really funny. It's like someone saying "I live in 'bwabfdaf' need I say more?" and then following it up with "Well we get more rain than 'adwafaf'" with me still none the wiser XD

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Scorched_Cascade said:
I love rainy days, I love the sound of rain and I love being outside in the rain. I dont even usually wear coats and luckily for me I live in a town that beats the UK average for rainfall and rainy days.

And when it doesn't rain I have this:

http://www.rainymood.com/

FalloutJack said:
Copper Zen said:

FalloutJack said:
Not being from the US and not knowing anything about US city rainfall amounts I found this really funny. It's like someone saying "I live in 'bwabfdaf' need I say more?" and then following it up with "Well we get more rain than 'adwafaf'" with me still none the wiser XD
Seattle is as well known for its rainy weather as Texas is for cowboys. Call such reputations stereotypes, but the references work for Americans. I can see how non Americans could miss out, however.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Do love them. Love the sound of rain, love the sight of rain falling and the cascades of it slowly dripping down from leafs, or moving slowly down-hill.
I just dislike if it is also windy AND raining.