Poll: American Government

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
American government has grown rather large, with many, many departments covering about every possible facet imaginable. The question is, has it grown too large? not large enough? Should the government regulate every day decisions (marriage/religious beliefs, etc) or just for the protection of the basic civil rights (free speech, etc)?

What are your opinions on how the government should be used for the betterment of the people? And, are you happy with the current government (please dont turn this into a Bush/Obama bashing charade, please) and the steps it is taking?

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
I'm not so happy with the way the governments been handling things, it seems like we can't go a day without some defamation of civil rights, lack of economic understanding and the like.

So, I call for total Anarchy! (With myself as dictator of course)
There is something wrong with that statement.

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
In terms of public aid, i'm fine with it. However, they need to stop getting so involved into personal realms. The Patroit Act needs to be abolished ASAP.

gof22 said:
NoMoreSanity said:
I'm not so happy with the way the governments been handling things, it seems like we can't go a day without some defamation of civil rights, lack of economic understanding and the like.

So, I call for total Anarchy! (With myself as dictator of course)
There is something wrong with that statement.
Oxymoron detected!

Crowser

Feb 13, 2009
Your poll needs less extreme choices.

It is heading in the right direction but I I'm still not satisfied. We need more taxes to cover this massive spending. I know its not a popular opinion, but look at it seriously, we can't cover this by just slashing programs.

Rooster Cogburn

May 24, 2008
The federal government should be scrapped. It is the single greatest obstacle to realizing our founding principles and our Constitution.

Barry93

Mar 5, 2009
DethFan666 said:
Does anyone else think Barrack Obama is an asshole?
he's not an asshole, but he is doing some pretty stupid things. Revealing to the world what the CIA does to keep the country safe is retarded

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
I'd like them to cut down bureaucracy, but a government without bureaucracy is like a fish without water.

Fish may be trapped by water, but they need it.

Oisnafas

Jan 5, 2009
Our government doesnt do what it is supposed to. Serve the people who elected it. Now, it seems all they do is political posturing, and trying to advance the agenda of thier own party.

Congress is the largest collection of unhanged criminals in the world.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
If there was a reduction in government i could see that eventually there might be a disolution of the actual US and that there might be more public controlled policies which would be a bad thing. The public can vote for their leaders but over half of the population doesn't understand half the issues and can't vote specifically on wether Fanny May or GM should get a bail out public interference after the fact just makes politicians make mistakes and change there promises because they don't want to piss people off. Government is neccesary in my opinion.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
dmase said:
If there was a reduction in government i could see that eventually there might be a disolution of the actual US and that there might be more public controlled policies which would be a bad thing.
Wouldn't that help? "Government for the people, by the people..." and all that?

DethFan666

Dec 18, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
DethFan666 said:
Sorry buddy I didn't know you had a hard on for the guy.
I don't, it's just you offer no proof to why he's an asshole. I don't care for Obama, though I would just say "I don't care for Obama" instead of outright calling him an asshole.
In all seriousness I just really don't like him that much.