Poll: An offer: $2.5 million for literally everything you own

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
If it weren't for online accounts, and certain things like game saves, I'd hand it all over, and use some of the money to get replacements (or even upgrades in some cases) for everything lost.

I don't have many things, so it'd probably only dent the 2.5 million.

Slitzkin

Jul 3, 2011
Yes, god yes. That is much more than it's worth. I don't even own a house or a car or anything like that. The most expensive thing I own is my computer.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
haHA! I don't have a house, he's playing right into my hands! >:D

Of course I would, I can just buy back all my knick-knacks, and get even better ones! Plus I'd actually be able to afford my own house afterwards, so I'd end up with way more than I lost. =P

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Luckily, most of the cool stuff in my house is not mine, and my things are mostly replaceable- Even if you were including pets, all of them belong to my sister anyhow.
immovablemover said:
...FUCK If anything this guy has paid me millions to take shit I probably should have thrown away a decade ago.

EASY.
Also this- easiest, most profitable room clean ever, for scrubs like me who don't own property yet.

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
Hmm... that depends... after this deal is concluded if I gain the money does that mean I have to give it back to him because I now own it which would make it part of the deal...?

If so... fuck off and let me eat my taco. ;)

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Sure as shit! My stuff isn't worth anything near that, and I have very few things that hold much sentimental value. Maybe if I was older and had a house and stuff I'd think about it, but I really don't own very much. He'd mostly be getting clothes, and most of those need replacing. Hell, the only thing I can think of that I really couldn't replace are a couple of band tour shirts.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
only if i could abuse loopholes. could I say that my parents have bought most of my things and still technically own them?

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
Cheesus Crust said:
CommanderL said:
Sure I would give it all up I am counting my stuff dog as a pet so suck it
ahahahahahaha

This made my day, kudos.
I am glad I made your day But for my services I demand 2.3 millon dollars All jokes aside Pay up quick or your legs go bye bye Just kidding or am i

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Aris Khandr said:
No. Not that I own much. All told, I imagine I have less than $10,000 in possessions. But the things I do have have massive sentimental value to me. I'd probably legit kill myself from depression over losing my stuffed animals alone.
yeah, know that feeling. the upside is i technically own nothing, because im a non-emancipated teen, so I WIN!

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I would without much of a doubt. The main things I'd want to keep would be my computers. But since I don't technically own my external hard drive... I should be fine.

klown

Jun 6, 2012
Depends on what you consider something I -own-. So if I can keep my bracelet (I didn't buy it so I don't own it), my pieces of the Berlin Wall (again, didn't buy it, it was stolen), the clothes I'm currently wearing at the time (so I don't have to walk out of there with 2.5 million dollars naked), and my glasses I am wearing (so I can see), I would do it. My stuff isn't worth all that much, and everything I do own, I can rebuy or rebuild pretty easily.

wottabout

May 4, 2011
My art is the only thing I have that is irreplaceable, but screw it, with $2.5 million, I can remake it. My ceramic sculptures would be the most painful to lose, since I'm not much of a sculptor and most of the good ones were just dumb luck, but I could get my own kiln with that kind of money and do whatever I want. Heck yes.

In practice, though, I wouldn't trust some dude that just comes up to me with fantastic offers. Even if I thought he would really do it, where is he getting this money? Why give it to me? How does he know what I own? Is he magical? If so, how does magic work? Are there other magical people in the world? Is this deal even legal? Would the $2.5 million just appear in my bank account? Would I have to pay taxes on it? I feel like the IRS would get really suspicious.

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
FelixG said:
Imper1um said:
US $2.5 Million Dollars...
Well, if you want to pay 2.5 Million for everything, if you get me the money immediately, I have no qualms against giving you everything I own. My very important data is all backed up in Cloud Space.

If I really counted everything up, it would be worth ~$125k US, so I would be making 2.375 million off of a minor inconvenience to me. Needless to say, it would be a ***** dealing with losing all 4 GM Stars from my PFS Paizo Account, but I'm not severely attached to it.
he said your online accounts as well, no more cloud space for you.

OT: I think I would say yes, but in the two hours to make arrangement's make sure some of the more sentimental items are given to my mother for safe keeping, as I dont own that much of value other than sentimental things
Also, I back up all my stuff to my work computers, and I don't own them (because they sync to my account)...so...by all terms of agreement, I would not lose the stuff that's really important to me. I would simply resync to a new account.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
Given that the only things I own are the $2500 worth of shit in my room, my clothing pile, and my noodle stash, I say go ahead.

I'd have a lot of shopping to do afterwards and I'd have to build my weapon projects again, but it'd be worth it.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
I would say yes, but I would answer very slowly so as to finish my taco.

Which pretty much would cover everything I own anyways. Joke's on that person!

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Fuck no.

This house cost me and my wife a fortune not including the money we spent doing it up and the furniture. All the kids stuff, my personal stuff, my wifes things and the hordes of stuff we've collected over the years, things i've picked up from around the world.

Then theres the things my mum left me when she passed.

Not only would I not sell but i'd plant my taco in said persons face for asking a stupid question.