Poll: Any multi-instrumentalists with us on the escapist? + Best instrument ever! poll

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
Dauntlessidiot said:
I play several instruments, like the cello (foremostly), violin, viola, bass guitar and acoustic guitar, but i was wondering, as I have seen lots of musician's threads here,there are clearly a lot of talented people, but how may other people on the escapist play several musical instruments?

And no, the triangle does not count.
Sweet, I wish I could play violin or cello...
Anyways I play Piano, bass guitar, electric guitar and drums. I own two basses, a guitar, piano and a drum kit. My most prized instrument would be my American Highway One Fender Jazz Bass.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
Singularly Datarific said:
Supreme Unleaded said:
I used to play both the Trumpet and French Horn, granted they are very similer but they are a bit different, give me a week on each of them and enough time to remeber what each note means and ill be back to my former glory.
Big diff in my opinion, especially the tone, the French Horn is just smoother and other words that are impressive sounding, while the trumpet has a sharper tone.
Oj yeah theres a GIANT difference in the tone of them, i meant howw you play them is very similer with a few minor differences like how you hold them and shit.

The trumpet has more of a louder sharper tone while the french horn is more of a mellow boomier (if thats even a word) tone.

Mrselfdestruct

Sep 5, 2009
I play the guitar, and people say watching me play Street Fighter is a thing of beauty, so you can count that as my second instrument.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Alto saxophone and Guitar. I play a little electric and a little acoustic, although my acoustic is horrible. I just recently started guitar a few months ago, so I'm not all that good yet, as the most difficult song I know is either Enter Sandman or Iron Man(with solo). Alto sax I've been playing for forever though, since 4th grade or so.

Actually, I played drum set once for my friends' gig, mainly because it was easy drum songs. I have no understanding of the theory to drums or technique or anything, just the different parts to it.

redavenger

Jul 9, 2009
Electric Guitar, Drums, Keyboard/Piano, and any percussion instrument really XD I tried the violin once... wasn't for me, although that was me before I fell in love with Heavy Metal :p

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
I noticed there's no percussion here. Bastard.
I also play the piano a bit.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
I was learning how to play the piano for about 2 months, couldn't bear anymore because I was 8 and my teacher's breath was so horrible I couldn't endure more than half an hour.

I also have 2 guitars waiting for when I'm bored to resume my studies. I also tried to learn the flute, but it was really, really boring.

thatlaurachick

Aug 12, 2009
piano and vocalist (classical) The human voice is an amazing instrument and should be on the poll IMHO. The cello is also awesome.

UAProxy

Sep 11, 2009
Vocalist, violin, keyboard, acoustic guitar, and electric bass. Been meaning to get a cello and a saxophone, with a bit of interest in a theremin.

bfwissil

Nov 22, 2009
Guitar, bass guitar, violin, alto saxophone... kazoo?

The violin is the best musical instrument ever, and Bach's double violin concerto in D minor (BWV 1043) is the best piece of music ever.

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
Guitarist who can sing, play bass (Lulz), didgeridoo, (SOME) keyboard, (SOME) bowed Pslatery... I think that's it. Oh, and some penny whistle. 'Cause that's how I roll. Yo.

Or something like that.