Poll: are the expectashons of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to high

goatzilla8463

Dec 11, 2008
I'm still hooked on the first one.

If they didn't change any of the gameplay and just had a different story, I would be fine with it.

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
TelHybrid said:
Let's be honest, before CoD4 not many people thought overly highly of the CoD series. Yeah sure there was a few fans, but it didn't really get the fanbase that it has now until CoD4, purely because CoD4 tried something different to the rest of the series which was to sidestep from the whole (let's face it... generic) World War II setting, which won the adulation of many gamers.
I cannot stand the majority of WWII games, the market is swamped with them and 99% completely butcher history by trivialising such major events (absolutely hate the Medal of Honor series).

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Omni-Bot said:
I don't think the expectations are too high because I think people expect it to be "another CoD game". By that I mean the same gameplay, a few new features, new guns, and an action packed SP.
Thats true, its not expected to be a revolutionary game in terms of gameplay. How can the next game in a series of amazing games, which is using the same formula but improved, possibly be bad?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Apparently dyslexia prevents you from using spell checkers. What an odd disability.

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
Glademaster said:
TelHybrid said:
I say yes definitely.

Let's be honest, before CoD4 not many people thought overly highly of the CoD series. Yeah sure there was a few fans, but it didn't really get the fanbase that it has now until CoD4, purely because CoD4 tried something different to the rest of the series which was to sidestep from the whole (let's face it... generic) World War II setting, which won the adulation of many gamers.

Nobody had high expectations of Call of Duty 4, but after CoD4 the series has a fanbase that expects high standards.
Em your dead wrong there CoD had a fairly big and decent fan base before Call Of Duty 4 with CoD2 being the second most played game on xfire(second to WoW) with CoD2 remaining in third place with CoD4 in second place.

OT:Yes I expect CoD:MW2 will stick to standards I expect from Infinty Ward.

Saying something like MW2 will be like CoD 4.5 is like saying Crash Bandicoot 2 was Crash Bandicoot 1.5 because they are hardly going to change the core aspects of a franchise and besides what could they change it to.

The only people who's expectations it won't live up to are people who think the game will bring about the second coming of Jesus.

Hopefully though they make it more of PC shooter than a console one and less of maps like Creek and Killhouse.
I don't think I put myself across so well. I know Call of Duty 1 and 2 had fairly big fanbases, but what I mean is the fanbases weren't as big as they started to get with Call of Duty 4. CoD4 got more hype than CoD 1 and 2, and the more hyped games get, the higher the standard gets set for a sequel.

Pillypill

Aug 7, 2009
I think modwar 2 will be great, but i don't think it will live up to the hype, because nothing does, especialy thing by Peter Moleneux. (he's not a bad person, he's just... not trustable)

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
In my opinion yes they are. infinity ward make excellent games but if you go and play call of duty 2 and then 4 they are practically the same game so i can see this being another ea sports scenario

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
I think they are.
people think its going to be the end all of gaming.
when its just going to be COD 4.5

sure it will be fun, new guns, and customizable uniforms.
but there is only so much you can do with the same engine ans gameplay.

fat waster

Aug 30, 2009
Shapsters said:
Omni-Bot said:
I don't think the expectations are too high because I think people expect it to be "another CoD game". By that I mean the same gameplay, a few new features, new guns, and an action packed SP.
Thats true, its not expected to be a revolutionary game in terms of gameplay. How can the next game in a series of amazing games, which is using the same formula but improved, possibly be bad?
crash team racing good game crash cart bad game that's how it can be bad

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
fat waster said:
Shapsters said:
Omni-Bot said:
I don't understand your statement, please explain to me what you mean, perhaps give me some background info on these games you mentioned?

fat waster

Aug 30, 2009
Shapsters said:
fat waster said:
Shapsters said:
Omni-Bot said:
I don't understand your statement, please explain to me what you mean, perhaps give me some background info on these games you mentioned?
crash cart was in the same series of an amazing game (crash team racing) but its terrible next to crash team racing a god like game

Blood_Lined

Mar 31, 2009
KingTeabag said:
fat waster said:
i think that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has set its self up for a big disappointment.
Welcome to the Escapist, we are your family now. And you can never leave us. And while your here you may as well learn punctuation and spelling.

I think that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has set itself up for a big dissapointment.

And it's spelt 'expectations'.

Sorry about that, but that's tough love for you.
Don't be a hypocrite, you used "you're" incorrectly. You spelled disappointment wrong. "Spelt" is not even a real word, what you meant was "spelled".
Next time you want to correct somebody else, make sure you use spell check yourself first.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
fat waster said:
Amnestic said:
Apparently dyslexia prevents you from using spell checkers. What an odd disability.
no i just have a bad internet browser
And no access to Open Office? I highly doubt that as it's free to download.

Incoherency in posts is reliant on one primary thing: Laziness. There is a secondary reason if English isn't your first language, but - frankly - most people with English as their second language seem to speak it than those native to English speaking countries.

fat waster

Aug 30, 2009
Amnestic said:
fat waster said:
Amnestic said:
no i just have a bad internet browser
And no access to Open Office? I highly doubt that as it's free to download.

Incoherency in posts is reliant on one primary thing: Laziness. There is a secondary reason if English isn't your first language, but - frankly - most people with English as their second language seem to speak it than those native to English speaking countries.
nice i dident think of that