Poll: are the expectashons of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to high

fat waster

Aug 30, 2009
tomfrumtarn said:
I think if you had seen the trailers and gameplay you wouldn't have posted this.
IT LOOKS AMAZING!
trailers are adverts so it could still be bad game

Remleiz

Jan 25, 2009
Imagine it though:

You spend £55 on it, you load it up and it ends up being the biggest pile of steaming crap since Superman 64

fat waster

Aug 30, 2009
Remleiz said:
Imagine it though:

You spend £55 on it, you load it up and it ends up being the biggest pile of steaming crap since Superman 64
that's the point of the poll

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
I think it's gonna be great, as long as it's better than the first I couldn't care less

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
I believe it will be the Second Coming, in game form. However, if this turns out not to be true, and it's just an above average game, then I'll buy it anyway because the games I have are getting sort of boring and I can convince myself it is awesome using my high willpower score.

Prestige in COD4 works well because there's only 55 levels, but 65... that takes longer (but I'm almost there!)

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
From what I could read, yes, the axpectations are a tad high. Whenever something is over-hyped, the sum of its parts will inevitably suck.

Case in point: Psychonauts. It had little marketing compared to other games, yet it was one of the best of the generation.

Same thing with Valve products. I've seen little adverts for Portal, Half-life, TF2 (meet the classes aside)- but they were all very well received games.

Omni-Bot

Jul 5, 2009
I don't think the expectations are too high because I think people expect it to be "another CoD game". By that I mean the same gameplay, a few new features, new guns, and an action packed SP.

Rimefrost

Mar 30, 2009
I'm expecting it to be about as good as CoD 4 was. I'm not expecting it to be the greatest game in the world, but from what I've seen so far it looks pretty good.

pompom8volt

May 21, 2009
no, the expectations are just about right. From what I here he expectations aren't for it to be the next Christ or anything, and when has CoD ever been bad?

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
There are always people who'll think it's better than their expectations were, and others who thinks it's worse.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I don't really care. I'm not into Call of Duty. And to be honest, I haven't seen many people talking about it.

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
I've not heard any hype about this game; I'm really just expecting Call of Duty 4.5 and I think that's what we are going to get.
KingTeabag said:
fat waster said:
i think that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has set its self up for a big disappointment.
Welcome to the Escapist, we are your family now. And you can never leave us. And while your here you may as well learn punctuation and spelling.

I think that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has set itself up for a big dissapointment.

And it's spelt 'expectations'.

Sorry about that, but that's tough love for you.
You shouldn't start sentences with the word 'and'. If you're going to correct grammar please use correct grammar yourself. :p

BigT65

Jul 1, 2009
Infinity Ward makes the good CoDs, it's Treyarch that whored the franchise by making all these other bad CoDs like World at War. I don't think Infinity Ward will disappoint with Modern Warfare 2.