Poll: Are you a female gammer and do you play the wii?

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
I'm a female gamer, and I'm one of those people who really doesn't like the Wii as a system. I play the Xbox 360 myself.

By the way, you should really leave an option in the poll for the PC.

Personally, I think it's a case of the Wii being the console of choice for people who don't ordinarily play games. If there are women who have never played video games before, then, yes, the console they're going to get is the Wii. That doesn't necessarily make them 'female gamers' in the traditional sense, the same way someone who only plays The Sims isn't necessarily a gamer.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Naturally, there's no poll option for me, and I'm likely unwelcome anyway, but I'm a male gamer who plays the Wii.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
All female gamers I know are hardcore.

My buddy works in game and is obsessed with Halo. She has Halo as her myspace page thingy.

VinnyKhan

Aug 5, 2009
miracleofsound said:

My buddy works in game and is obsessed with Halo. She has Halo as her myspace page thingy.
The fact that she is still alive makes me doubt the "hardcore"-ness of this individual.

Remember kiddies you are only hardcore if you die gaming.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
nope i don't own a wii

but i think my mum wants to get one so i maybe forced to play with her

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
VinnyKhan said:
miracleofsound said:

The fact that she is still alive makes me doubt the "hardcore"-ness of this individual.

Remember kiddies you are only hardcore if you die gaming.
How's the internet connection up there on Jupiter?

You must get big problems with lag and host advantage.

Rachel317

Nov 15, 2009
I had a Wii but I sold it. It was turd. :D
I have a 360 and a PS3 and, although the PS3 has more potential, the 360's like an old friend. Haha

I can see why women would like the Wii, it's accessible and it has games on it that maybe, mothers might play with their kids or...I dunno, just kick back with.
I find games on the 360 relaxing because i play them all the time, but maybe women who aren't into the whole hardcore gaming side of things will appreciate the chance to have some fun, non-competition games...perhaps.

Chess__x

Aug 4, 2009
I know quite a few female gamers (aside from myself) & none of them play the wii. Or at least, not out of choice - they might play when their younger sibling makes them but that's all. I can believe that statistic though I guess. Thing is, on here you'll get more females saying they play the 360 because it's the best console for proper gamers. The wii however is incredibly popular with children and older women because of the type of games released on it. There's just too few decent games on it to make it worth having imo. I used to play it a bit when my brother still lived here and owned one but I didn't miss it at all when he left and took it with him.