Poll: Are you a PC, Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft person?

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
I'm a Sony guy.

If a game is good a game is good, but it's generally been the Sony exclussive titles that have drawn me to their platforms ever since the PS1. It's also been them that have inexplicably thrown millions of dollars into a project they most likely knew wouldn't sell for shit, but did so anyway, like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and Journey. I've always liked that about them.
Pretty much this. While I started with a Sega Genesis (though I had played some on NES and even an Atari 2600), it was Playstation, and Final Fantasy 7, that really made me a gamer. The PS1 is probably my all time favorite console and that is heavily to do to all the great JRPGs I played on the system as well as other titles. I've been enjoying my games on Playstation consoles ever since. Plus, it does have the best exclusives.

I can see appeal in Nintendo's franchises, but none of them ever drew me in. If there was a franchise that would, it would be Zelda, and I'm not buying a console for one game.

As for Microsoft, I actually have zero interest in the machine. I had the Original Xbox and it had no games. All the good games it had, I had on PS2. I can count the number of titles that I could only get on it that were good on one hand. So I had zero interest in the 360 and even less in the poorly named Xbox One.

I'm not opposed to PC gaming, just haven't really done much. I always think of my Playstation first.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I've been a PC gamer most of my gaming life (15years).

I have dabbled in consoles in the past (long past), because my dad who was living in Belgium at that time sent me a Sega Mega Drive II and Gameboy in 1995-1997. I only had them for a small time (a few years only).

I switched to PC gaming in 2000 and never looked back.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Well, much like most of the site here, I am a primarily PC fellow, and the consoles I own tend to be more Nintendo (the only non-nintendo I own is the 360 because there's some games on there that I wanted back in the day)
Oh, but more love to the Vita that I have, I play that more than the consoles, so PC/Sony I guess?
Man, this is a lot harder to answer than I originally thought it was going to be.
I'ma go now

SuperSamio64

Nov 4, 2010
Technically PC, but I play on a laptop and not even a gaming one at that. But I can run most of the games I want and haven't any desire to upgrade or start buying high-end games anytime soon so it's fine.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
PC, mostly because of it's versatility. You can have any type of controller that you want, you can have as many screens as you want, you don't have to pay for internet twice and so much more stuff that others probably mentioned already so i wont bother.

Alfredo Jones

Jul 1, 2013
I'm mainly a PC gamer, but when it comes to consoles I'm all about Nintendo. Sony comes in a close second mostly due to being the provider of my favorite RPGs. Microsoft, meanwhile, I don't hate them but nothing they have done recently has made me want to go out and buy an Xbox One. I used to have a 360 but after a while the only game I found myself going back to play on it was Tales of Vesperia. Once it inevitably died I didn't see much reason to plop down $100 just to play one game.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
Calling any console marker superior to the other is beyond stupid.

A specific console maybe superior to others in each generation, but it's never going to always be that way.

PS2 was superior to the Xbox and the Gamecub.
360 was superior to the PS3 and the Wii.
PS4 is superior to the XBOne and the WiiU.

Of course these are my opinions on consoles not fact, but I'm just making a point.

Being pure Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo company fanyboy gets you no where in the long run, because the next time around your fanboisum can potentially screw you, when one of the others truly puts out a better console next time and you waist your money buying an inferior product.

Being a fan of a console itself (say 360 over PS3/Wii) is more sensible, I can understand that.

As for PC, well a PC is unlimited, it's limits are your limits (computer building skills/your budget). If you can build your own PC and are rich, then a console is never going to win for you. On the other hand if you are using a cheap store bought computer and don't know how to configure it for gaming then your better off with a console.

Also if you are a social player and want to play with friends, well then a PC's no good for you.

As for me personally I have PC as primary gaming device because I can build my own and I had a good budget. I also have a 360 and will probably in the future by a PS4 when more game I want come out for it (hopefully adding more PS3 remakes too of games I missed).

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I play on my PC mainly, although I do play on my Xbox occasionally, and I am still debating on whether or not I should get an XbOne.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Mostly PC, with 200+ games on Steam and many more on disks, but I also have a PS3.

Byte2222

Jul 2, 2012
Nintendo. You ask why? Well, you know Nintendo very much has its own style? That's what I like. A lighthearted, fun experience apart from the times where it gets intense but rarely dark. Mario and Zelda, yes, but also Megaman, Donkey Kong and Metroid. Occasionally I try other stuff like Assassin's Creed 2, Batman Arkham City or more traditional RPGs like Bravely Default but Nintendo's domain is my home.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
anyway, only recently got a PS3 and while it doesn't exactly pack the magic of its previous iteration I think it has the best exclusives of its generation.
And you get to binge all that exclussive goodness like a mad man, you lucky dog!

Scarecrow1001

Jun 27, 2011
I have been with Sony since I was 3. Whilst I dabble in PC Gaming, I overall far prefer consoles for simplicity, and the Sony controller. I don't see it changing in the near future, either, as I just purchased a PS4.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Right now, I'm a PC and Wii U guy, with a splash of still getting stuff for my PS3. My 360 hasn't been touched in a while since I have played all my games for it.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Dont really care for any of them in particular but I dont like Microsoft very much ever since windows 95 they have pissed me off with their products and horrible practices that said I did buy an Xbox and 360 but they went out of there way to make sure I burned all bridges with them for the Xbox One I knew something like it was coming but it was to much for me if Sony or Nintendo did something similar that would be it for my consumer relationship with them as well.

Luckily my 360 went from most played to least played by the end of the gen so it wasnt a big loss, I dont like the way Steam, Sony or Nintendo do business much really but Microsoft managed to out scum them all for me with only EA topping them.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
Which ever one has the games I want to play. I switch platforms all the time. I bought a Wii U because I thought it would be the best alternative to playing watch Dogs last year since it still had a better games line up then the PS3 and 360. Sold it once watch dogs got delayed. About to buy a "New 3DS" for Xenoblade Chronicles.

Mkaela Lafond

May 7, 2012
PC, I dropped out of the console wars after the PS2 era. Before that I was spoiled and had both Super NES and Sega Genesis also had the old classic NES. I enjoy PC now mainly because of economic constraints if I could afford to have multiple gaming platforms I would but add in the other things I user my PC for in addition to gaming and it becomes for me a no brainer to do my gaming on the PC. Mods also help push it over the top, I could never play vanilla Skyrim or the like on teh consoles after modding my game to hell and back with all sorts of lovely add ins and funtionality.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
If I was forced to choose one in some kind of desert island scenario, I would probably go with Sony platforms both due to the games and their apparent philosophy behind their hardware and software support. And if I had to choose a least favourite it would easily be Nintendo as, while I grew up playing and loving their games, they just don't resonate with me at all any more.

All told, though, I'm just a gamer. What really matters to me at the end of the day is the games and I'll support any platform as long as it's got games on it that I'm interested in.