Poll: Are you a Vegetarian?

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Meat just tastes far too good to give up. I can't see any appeal in vegetables; most of them smell awful and taste of either nothing or plants (A taste which I've probably come to associate with sneezing & mucus -.- THANKS NATURE).

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
I am a proud carnivore.. I even made a steam group to piss off veggies: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/antivegans

LittleAmii

Mar 10, 2010
Mm, I'm not sure how accurate of a ratio the Escapist will give, compared to the world.
But aren't a lot of religions, such as Buddhism, Janism, and Hinduism, pro-vegetarian? Of course, some sects and schools still eat meat, but it seems that they really support the idea. And I think they're all in the top ten most populous religions.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Hello no, from what have I heard, if you wont eat meat your muscle will shrink after some time and that not what I want. And ofcourse BACON!!!

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
I already have an iron deficiency, and will fast become anemic if I don't eat more meat. I refuse to take supplements. Besides, I love meat. What's a barbeque without meat? And barbeques (and beaches) are the only bearable parts of an Australian summer. Ergo, I would die without meat. That kind of non-logic works out in my mind. I would become a vegetarian if meat wasn't so good. I feel bad about eating animals, but not bad enough to stop.

Pikeperch

May 3, 2010
I'm very much an omnivore. Pork, beef, potatoes, beats, herring, salmon, blood bread. A varied diet is the key to a healthy life. I tend to have allergic reactions to most fruits, though, so I'm a bit lacking in that department.

That being said, I do think that most western people probably eat more meat than would be optimum. I can't say I'm likely to improve my own diet any time soon though, except maybe eating fish more often.

Out of curiosity, how do you vegetarians react if you're the guest in the house and meat is served? Do you decline or accept?

Kei Kaemon

Fantastic Japanese Cat!
Nov 30, 2009
The only reason they can exist in this time is because of science and advancement in drugs and what not, in a natural setting there is no way to live like that...

And to live in a way that in nature would cause one to die is not a way I personally would want to live.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Ossian said:
A lot of people in India are vegetarians which is one of the fastest growing populations on the planet. Just think about that.
Thought about it.
No birth control, massed food shortages and one of the shortest life expentancies in the industrialised world. How many of those vegetarians are vegetarians by choice and how many are vegetarians through poverty?

Anyway I have thought about going veggie, but I would miss bacon too much. I also used to live with three evangelical vegetarians who never, ever used to shut up about it. Although I can see the moral argument for it I have never had an objection with butchering animals, I know where the meat I consume comes from and I'm okay with that.

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
If it has 2 or 4 feet ill eat it...

Perhaps for the exeption of dogs and cats... And yes I know that pigs are smarter than dogs and sooo on, but dogs and cats are cuddely-wuddely!

... Besides dogs and cats are carnivores, and thoes tend to have an unpleasent taste :/

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
If I were Vegetarian, then I would start starving, which I can't being a Diabetic after all. The only things I like that Grow are Banana's (which I hardly can stand), Salads, Tomatoes if it's a paste and Potatoes if they're Julian. However, I do know that being Vegetarian is very healthy for you and all that mambo jumbo.

Srdjan

Mar 12, 2010
If it can't run I won't eat it (only if it swims)

Human evolved because of eating meat, who am I to stop evolution.

Ossian

Mar 11, 2010
Mr.Mattress said:
If I were Vegetarian, then I would start starving, which I can't being a Diabetic after all. The only things I like that Grow are Banana's (which I hardly can stand), Salads, Tomatoes if it's a paste and Potatoes if they're Julian. However, I do know that being Vegetarian is very healthy for you and all that mambo jumbo.
That is an over simplified generalization. You can't say you don't like anything that grows but yada yada yada, because you probably have ate about 5% of what grows that is eatable. And salads don't grow, they are made lol.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
No birth control, massed food shortages and one of the shortest life expentancies in the industrialised world. How many of those vegetarians are vegetarians by choice and how many are vegetarians through poverty?
People who are that poor will eat anything they can get their hands on, including things like vermin. Hard to imagine it for us people who can shop in supermarkets but fresh fruit and veg are actually sort of a luxury in terms of dietary choice for many people.