Poll: are you are fat as you would like

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
I'm around 25% I think. I'm 6'2 and 95kgs so I am solidly built, just need to lose a bit of flab around the gut and I'll be happy.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I'm male and, judging from those pictures, I'm around 25%, maybe slightly under. I gotta be honest, I'm not happy with it, but my girlfriend loves my belly for some reason, so my self-esteem has gone up a wee bit. Maybe I should just be satisfied with the fact that I went from 40%+ to around 25% in half a year and have managed to maintain the new weight so far...
Anyway, I'd prefer to be within the 15-20% range, but I don't think I have another diet in me at the moment.

Regarding females, I'm definitely into 25-30%. Heck, 35% is alright too... anything above would probably not be my type, but anything below 25 wouldn't do it for me either - I'd probably get a bruise or cut myself on protruding bone structure while trying to cuddle a woman like that.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
I'm a male, and about 20% I'm pretty happy with how I look, I'd just love to get rid of those last little lovehandles that my body is holding on to. A diet of salad and oatmeal + exercise seems to work.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I am male and I am quite thin; 20% or so. When it comes to the opposite sex, based on your images, 30% and up. Of course, it depends way more on the person, and also how they present themselves. I've seen very attractive women from 100lbs to 300lbs(Not joking).
Part of the problem with the stigma of fat being unattractive is because usually people who are overweight by a moderate to large margin, also sometimes seem to just sorta let themselves go. They don't take care of how they look, they don't exercise at all, and they just look like crap because of it.
Anyway, nothing wrong with some curves, that goes for everyone. People are too obsessed with being ultra thin.
Also, regarding my own weight. I am trying to gain. I've always been thin and I have a metabolism like a hummingbird.

Arctodus_Simus

When I say "oo", you say "long"
Aug 23, 2010
Male, and about 30%. Wouldn't mind losing some for health reasons, but the bulk comes in handy for rugby at the moment, so I'm at least marginally healthy with it, lol.

I consider myself fat, but suffer no self esteem issues for it :)

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
I'd say 15 - 20.
I fall somewhere in between there, though my arms/legs/pecs are definitely more worthy of being trophies than my abs.
Them fellers are seasonal, appearing only in Spring and Summer and then slowly fading for the Winter months. I am happy with it, and as far as I can tell it's what society asks of me (though I don't really give a fuck) lest I be in the acting/weightlifting/modelling business.

For women, 20 - 35 looks great to me.

In general, I think having near 0% looks absolutely disgusting.
I do not want that. Muscles, yes. Freakishly defined non-padded muscles, noooooooo.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I'm about the same width as that 20% but not at all toned, and I'm fine with that. I'm very skinny.

As for women, I'm liking that 25-35%

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
manic_depressive13 said:
lechat said:
anything less than 17% body fat for a woman is actually considered in the danger zone. at that point you are likely to stop menstruating and could potentially suffer bone and tissue damage
No. Essential fat levels for women are about 10-13%. 17% is well clear of the danger zone.
those are essential levels where your body as a whole struggles to function. at much higher percentages it is likely you will suffer some medical problems. like everything it's completely dependent on the women but around 17% it can start causing problems

Yopaz said:
OT: I checked my body fat level 2 days ago and it told me I had a little below 9%. A few months ago I was around 7 so I would like to get down to at least 8. I have been sick lately so I think that might be related. Also I don't have the genes to get proper abs, mine are barely visible despite my low body fat.
at body fat percentages like that you should have no problem seeing your abs provided you have even the slightest muscle mass
try doing this exercise for a month and i guarantee you will get to see the litt[le guys

here's another example with perfect form but mainly cause i love sexy yoga chick's body.
absolutely perfect form but make sure you do the roll out from the first video

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
I know for a fact if I was to have a formal weighing I'd be classed as mildly obese. I'm not like a whale or anything, but I do have a bit of a belly that comes from a mainly sedentary lifestyle.

I'd get in shape but I have neither the inclination, nor the discipline.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I am about 10% body fat but not fit at all so none of those pictures look like me. The % I like in a girl is probably around around 25%.

Minjoltr

Aug 6, 2008
about what percent are you? 50%

are you happy with it? Yup :D

what would you like to be? A dinosaur

what do you think society tells you you should be? I think society's trying to tell me I should be 15 - 22%. It also says I should be a foot taller.

which body fat percent of the opposite/same sex are you most attracted to? Pretty much 20% upwards for both men and women.

BringBackBuck

Apr 1, 2009
I'm sorry, I totally lost concentration once I started staring at the girl with the 30% figure.

I think I'm around the 15-20% mark, I've got a bit of a six pack going which the wife is quite happy with, but no sticking out ribs like the dude in the 15% picture.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Underweight male here, however I eat truck loads of stuff so it makes no sense at all....

I'm at 20% I think, as for women I would go for anything from 15% to 35% :p

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Last time I had it checked, I was about 28%.
The girl in the 30% photo looks smaller than I do though, I think. I wouldn't look that nice in a bikini anyway.

I could definitely stand to lose a few pounds. I've put on a little bit of weight lately and I've gone outside my weight comfort zone. Not by much though, it's not any effort to stop eating shitty food for a few weeks.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
HardkorSB said:
Hmm, I guess I'm in the 10-12%.
Not bad, I guess.

Also, I don't know why 20-30% is the ideal body for a woman. The 15-17% picture looks way better.
While the OP doesn't cite any references, I would assume these 'ideal' figures relate to health, not looks.

From memory, the 10-15% is actually a lower limit for women. Anything less than that is seriously dangerous. For men you can get away with going down to about 5% before you get the same kinds of health risks, but either way, low body fat is actually pretty dangerous.

Oh, and before you ask, the differences in body fat proportions between men and women relate to the energy reserves a woman needs to be able to sustain a pregnancy. Unsurprisingly then, women with particularly low body fat tend to have fertility problems.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
First things first, I'm male. Now on to the questions:

About what percent are you?
Even with those pictures, I can't really say what I am since I'm terribly, terribly thin and devoid of any kind of muscles whatsoever so I wouldn't be that much surprised I was at the mark of 10% or below. However, I would say between 10% and 15% as a wild guess. Just without all those muscles.

Are you happy with it?
Kinda. I rather be thin than fat but I do wish sometimes I had some muscles here and there.

What would you like to be?
Anywhere between 15% and 20%. Seems to be a good balance between fat and strength.

What do you think society tells you you should be?
10 - 12%. But no freaking way I'm getting there.

hooblabla6262

Aug 8, 2008
I am definitely considered underweight. Not by a whole lot though. Not sure what percent I would be, but 12% is probably right.
And I am very happy with my weight. I wish I was taller though so I could graduate from skinny and go for lanky instead.

Ever see the Machinist with Christian Bale? That's my dream weight cause I find skeletons sexy ;)

On a side note, I had a friend who was fairly skinny and tall. The combination of the two caused his lungs to collapse, according to doctors.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
I am probably around 10% body fat, slightly lower, as a guy. Nowhere near as much muscle as that though. Just bones, though I have just enough fat to appear pretty much flat down my body. VERY easy to feel my bones though. #1 comment I get after people hug me.

As for body fat preferred on women, about 25% going by those pictures.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
I am probably just over 25% at a stage that I have dubbed skinny fat, I am losing weight pretty quicky due to the endurance training I have been doing to join the police force so in 5 weeks time I should be about 20%.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
This picture spread has no accounting for body types. This isn't an awful happenstance, but it can lead to a lot of disappointment and unrealistic expectations, not to mention the associated self-esteem issues. I'm all for self-improvement, but it's important to have realistic expectations about your body and how it will look at different weights. I'd love to have a tapered torso, but unless I became unhealthily thin my stubby endomorph body is going to remain stocky like a stump, fat or muscle I tend to stay straight down the sides. Hell, unless I burned off all my squishy bits like some inquisitorial, flab-purging witch-hunter gaining more muscle would probably only make me look portly. Accepting how you look, or will look at a healthy weight, is important in liking your own body.

It's worth noting that body types are not pigeonholes, or sentences, just a rough guide. But a rough guide worth knowing.