Poll: are you bespectacled ?

dday4you

Jun 11, 2008
well i am bespectacled, most of my friends are bespectacled. so are you? and how long have you been bespectacled?

glyphseeker

Sep 19, 2010
dday4you said:
well i am bespectacled, most of my friends are bespectacled. so are you? and how long have you been bespectacled?
i belive you should explain what that is as i am lazy and dont wanna google it

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
glyphseeker said:
dday4you said:
Wearing glasses. No offense, but you might want to expand your vocabulary.

Lilitu

Feb 22, 2011
I wear glasses. I wouldn't see much without them. I am a bat *flapflap*

I have my glasses for eleven years now. My sight got worse two times since them. I started with -1,25 dioptre and am now at -4 dioptre.

glyphseeker

Sep 19, 2010
DJDarque said:
glyphseeker said:
dday4you said:
quite expansive vocabulay have I
encountered this word before i have not
now that i think about it i see the root words now so yeah

also doesn't help that i'm pullin an all-nighter as we speak..er..type
i apoligize for my ignorance

p.s. i have glasses

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Fear my perfect eyesight!

...Are you fearing it? Oh, OK then.

Express some emotion towards my perfect eyesight!

Angry Camel

Mar 21, 2011
Don't have them, but with a family history of sight problems and my long distance getting quite terrible, I really should consider getting a pair to correct that.

But then there's laser eye surgery for lazy people like me. Or maybe a monocle to feign having a bit of class.

The_Decoy

Nov 22, 2009
I do, and so do most of my friends who are guys, the girls don't however. Is there something that guys do that increases their propensity towards near or short sightedness?

DJDarque said:
This made me giggle :D

J03bot said:
Well done for not inheriting crappy genes? I must've only had like a one in four chance of getting shitty eyes, kinda bad luck :/

Leole

Jul 24, 2010
J03bot said:

I am so mad at you because of your perfect sight, if I ever meet you on the street, I'm gonna shake my fist at your until it fells off. That'll teach you!

OT: Yeah, I wear glasses, thanks for teaching me a new word, "Bespectacled", and I'm hoping to get eye surgery to NOT wear glasses anymore.

OctoH

Feb 14, 2011
Honestly, I have no recollection as to when I started wearing spectacles. But I do in fact wear them.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
J03bot said:

Are you really a gamer?! I thought all gamers slowly burned their eyes to a gelatinous slurry within five years...

OT: Blind as a mole without my glasses. I've worn specs for close on twenty years now (since I was five... yeesh that's a long time/I'm old).

The first on a very long list of passive disabilities...

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
Nope, but id did got to optometrists today. Turns out im borderline shortsighted, so I can drive without glasses, but I probably shouldnt. Sad really. They do improve my vision by a lot, so I might look into a pair.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
I wear them while driving (and I used to wear them during lectures if I sat to far back) but generally I don't need them.