Poll: Are you excited for Halo : Reach?

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
eh kinda, more excited for fable 3 infamous 2 gears 3 and space marine but hey at least its in my top 5 the last halo (ODST) didn't warrant my attention until about 2 months before the beta and i decided to pick it up for that.

just a bit iffy on hyping myself up over a halo game with halo 3 being slightly disappointing.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Oomii said:
Yes, because what other fps has forge? Seriously tell me. I love all the new features Bungie put in forge 2.0, they resolved pretty much all of complaints. I can't wait.
A lot of other FPSes have map editors.

Like TimeSplitters <3

II2

Mar 13, 2010
Yes, quite, actually.

The original Halo was a big hit with my friends and I. The successive Halo 2 was worse, Halo 3 was better and then ODST was just bad. That was consensus among my console mates.

I didn't like the progressive Brutes > Elites in the ongoing story, so the return to them as big baddies pleases me. Also, the absence of Blood Gulch in Halo 3 and ODST pained me greatly... it's return as a portion of "Forge World" delights me.

Past the first game, I've never been avid about the series - especially ODST - but this has rekindled my interest by going back to its roots and making them stronger.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
I like everyone here saying "Yes, for Forge world!" But, yes, it looks amazing in every way. And Forge World looks FANTASTIC. My jaw literally dropped when I found out you could fit an entire Halo 2 map on that one spike, and that's just a small part of it. Oh, and, of course, it's nice to have Blood Gulch back.

Aux

Jul 2, 2009
Nope, I never even picked up ODST. The whole franchise kinda lost it's shine for me after Halo 3.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
It's one of the games that make me wish I had a 360. I think I might buy it for a 360-owning friend and in return ask that I get to play it.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
monnes said:
Uhm... How was halo 1 revolutionary to gaming?
Well, it wasn't really REVOLUTIONARY, but it was very influential.

Good, or neutral influence:

- One click grenades and melee (as opposed to primary weapon entries 1-10).
- 2 weapon inventory - scavenged weapon swapping
- Proved FPS can work on consoles.
- Pre-Havok physics governed vehicles (hilariously fucked though those physics may have been).

Bad influence:

- Sales figures informing the artistic and development decisions of other companies.
- "Suck your thumb" regenerating health
- Extreme Fanboyism.
- Paid DLC map packs + discontinued product support.

whycantibelinus

Sep 29, 2009
crimsonshrouds said:
No.

Why should I exactly? Their are better FPSs out there.
How do you know that? You haven't played Reach in it's entirety so you have absolutely not basis for saying that.

I'm looking forward to Reach, I think it is going to be flipping great!

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
I was excited before, and I knew it would be a good game, but Forge World, holy shit that sent me into overdrive and I am not a huge Halo fan, that just looks amazing *droools*

Futurenerd

The Man With the Golden Bun
Oct 28, 2009
It isn't out already? I don't play Halo, but it seems like we've been talking about Reach for years.

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
whycantibelinus said:
crimsonshrouds said:
No.

Why should I exactly? Their are better FPSs out there.
How do you know that? You haven't played Reach in it's entirety so you have absolutely not basis for saying that.

I'm looking forward to Reach, I think it is going to be flipping great!
Sorry i was aiming my comment more at halo in general then a specific game.

I rented the last halo game to come out and it just wasn't that good. When a gun sounds like a toy from mattel it does not make the game fun for me.

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
My current anticipation for starcraft 2 currently outdoes anything, but once that ties over it will be replaced equally with an anticipation for Halo reach.

In other words, hell yea!

cubikill

Apr 9, 2009
II2 said:
monnes said:
Uhm... How was halo 1 revolutionary to gaming?
Well, it wasn't really REVOLUTIONARY, but it was very influential.

Good, or neutral influence:

- One click grenades and melee (as opposed to primary weapon entries 1-10).
- 2 weapon inventory - scavenged weapon swapping
- Proved FPS can work on consoles.
- Pre-Havok physics governed vehicles (hilariously fucked though those physics may have been).

Bad influence:

- Sales figures informing the artistic and development decisions of other companies.
- "Suck your thumb" regenerating health
- Extreme Fanboyism.
- Paid DLC map packs + discontinued product support.
Ill agree with you on all of those points, but the very last one. Bungie was involved in the halo 2 online community until the day Microsoft pulled the plug. In the world of game developers who care about their game communities, Bungie comes close to Blizzard and Value. And before you say anything yes paid DLC sucks.
And on topic yes I'm am looking forward to Halo:Reach.