Poll: Are you excited for Halo : Reach?

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
I was rather meh at first. Thought I'd probably buy it, but it wasn't a highly anticipated title.

Then I saw the ViDoc on the improved Forge, and Forge World.

I proceeded to immediately pre-order the limited edition.

I. Am. Fucking. Pumped.

Zhalath

Mar 19, 2009
You mean Call of Halo: Halo Warfare 2?

I dunno, the shimmer of Halo has really worn off to me.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
Yes. Normally I wouldn't give a damn about the Halo series, but ever since I played Halo 3: ODST (a game that surprised me in how much I ended up freaking loving it) I've actually become fairly interested in the series. That and what I've seen so far has really impressed me, so I'm actually anticipating Reach.

AdmiralHunter22

Jun 16, 2010
Zhalath said:
You mean Call of Halo: Halo Warfare 2?
Not saying that you particularly have a problem with the game aspects similar to Modern Warfare, but I have heard of such complaints. I honestly don't see the problem. Competition is good. Halo's basically have the same game-play since CE and while that's not necessarily bad its nice to spice it up a bit and that's where the competition comes in. Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 were very good and popular games, even though they frustrated me to no end. They did things sufficiently different from other games to make it fun and enjoyable in many respects. This gives impetus to other shooters to do the same, so why not take some things about Modern Warfare, change it up a little bit so that it fits more with Halo and go with it? I think it'll help make for a better Halo experience overall...I certainly thought so during the beta and I continue to believe so now.

That said, I am definitely hyped for this game, if for no other reason than the stuff my brothers and I will come up with using forge and custom games.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
godofallu said:
monnes said:
godofallu said:
Did you see those new trailers for forge mode! Jesus this game will take us to the new evolution of gaming, just like Halo 1 did back in the day.
Uhm... How was halo 1 revolutionary to gaming?
Well it singlehandedly saved the launch of the Xbox, and quickly became the framework for how a FPS game is supposed to work.

The large open areas, vehicle sections, and regenerating health were all first popularized by Halo. Look at the average FPS today, most of them have tons of stuff that originated with Halo.
Vehicle sections are horrible!!! Regenerating health isn't all that great either.

Aratus

Feb 13, 2009
I dont get how putting out a map editor makes the game amazing. Yea its a nice tool and it looks very user friendly, but some of the "revolutionary" praises being thrown around seem to be a bit much.

In any case, it looks like fun. But not enough to really make me run out and get it right away.

axle 19

Bearer of the Necronomicon
Aug 2, 2008
Honestly, no I'm not interested in the game. Halo was a good series and all but at this point I think Microsoft should just let it die. The beta failed to wow me like the previous games did and though Forge World is cool, I don't think a single feature is a valid reason to purchase a game.

AdmiralHunter22

Jun 16, 2010
axle 19 said:
Honestly, no I'm not interested in the game. Halo was a good series and all but at this point I think Microsoft should just let it die. The beta failed to wow me like the previous games did and though Forge World is cool, I don't think a single feature is a valid reason to purchase a game.
In that case you'll hate to know they've announced that they've planned Halo games right on through 2015.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
it's just another Halo game it will be just like all the others: sub par in every way...

axle 19

Bearer of the Necronomicon
Aug 2, 2008
AdmiralHunter22 said:
axle 19 said:
In that case you'll hate to know they've announced that they've planned Halo games right on through 2015.
True but Bungie has ended it's involvement with the Halo franchise after Reach and after a few subpar spinoffs set in the Halo Universe, hopefully they will stop making them.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Nautical Honors Society said:
I was pretty excited.

Then I watched this

Now I want. Me want now please.
This video made me so hyped! I love forge but it's problems are hard to overlook, if this comes in as promised I am going to spend a lot of time there!

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
No... but what else does Xbox 360 have going for itself this year? Crackdown 2 was a dud. Fable 3 on PC.

My Xbox 360 is not justifying it's existence and it doesn't show any sign of improving with only Gears of War 3 to look forward to in 2009. SO many studios are leaving Microsoft who seems frankly more interested in coasting on third-party non-exclusives and marketing Kinect and Sports Channel deals.

Halo Reach is all that is left and it is a prequel of all things and the promised last game from Microsoft's golden goose that is about to fly away.

Considering all that, no way will I pay for XBL gold and I won't pay for it JUST for Reach so the multiplayer means nothing to me. £40 per year, wiggah please.

Vicarious Vangaurd

Jun 7, 2010
Halo: CE yeah!
Halo 2 yeah!
Halo 3 wtf is this
Halo ODST rented it and was treated to mediocrity
Halo Wars very easy RTS played demo
Halo Reach my anticipatron level is very low. Unless I see a good reason to buy it I'll be skipping it altogether.