Poll: Are you excited for Halo : Reach?

Woof26

Feb 22, 2009
I plan to get it once it comes out, not gonna go to a midnight release or anything like that. Honestly, my friends and I will probably spend more time messing around in forge and fighting against different custom combinations of enemies in firefight than we will spend playing the actual versus game types. I'm hoping for the best for the actual game, but we will see.

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
godofallu said:
Did you see those new trailers for forge mode! Jesus this game will take us to the new evolution of gaming, just like Halo 1 did back in the day.
You mean Doom with shinier graphics to play around with!?!?

Sarcasm aside, I'm definately looking forward to this game I think it's going to be greatly overhyped Like everything else Halo related but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
I played the first Halo on my PC and I thought it was alright. But then I played Half-Life and discovered the best FPS series. It's better in just about every way, and as for the multi-player that's what Team Fortress 2 is for...

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
This sounds like an exciting, original and innovating game.

In other words, I couldn't possibly care less.

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
I'm not excited for Reach because of any one Reason.
It is the whole package.

I get to play a hopefully great campaign, a fun and balanced online multiplayer(based off the Beta), play a sorts of crazy custom games, fight to survive with my buddies in firefight(now with Matchmaking and customization), build and play on my own forged maps(as well as the communities), and I can record all this insanity in theater mode.

Not to mention the file sharing and community features on Bungie.net.

Its stuff like this that will keep the Reach community alive and kicking for many many years. Its the reason why people still play Halo 3 despite both its campaign and MM being inferior to the prior installments.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
I'm extremely excited, I've already got my Legendary Edition preordered.

ForgottenPr0digy said:
Kiju said:
I'd be more excited about reading the book about the Spartan's time on Reach before it was overrun.

You know, when they were training and developing their skills. The book based around it was really quite fun, and if you have any interest in both Halo and reading...I suggest you read it if you haven't already. :p
what is the name of the book???
If I had to guess I'd say he's talking about Dr. Halsey's journal, which is included in the Limited and Legendary editions of the game. He could also be talking about the updated rerelease of Halo: The Fall of Reach by Eric Nylund or Halo: The Fall of Reach - Boot Camp, an upcoming comic book mini-series by Marvel.

MoNKeyYy

Evidence or GTFO
Jun 29, 2010
Wait a second, aren't there dozens of amazing games avaiable on the PC but not consoles? I say let us non-PC gamers have our esclusive franchises.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
dillirgaf said:
isnt forge basically the same kind of editor as farcry's?
No. Forge is an "object layout editor". You can move around and place objects like weapons, spawn points, and certain geometry objects but you can't actually change the basic geometry of the map.

Lombax302

Jun 8, 2010
Well me and my best friends co. is in the process of physically making the full body armor for the squad to debut at the release so it's more of a deadline to finish everything than anything else. I'll tell ya with all the molding and casting, it gets kinda painstaking. We are still trying to figure out how to do Emile's face plate though (any ideas on that?).

As for the game itself, looks like a great game that might supersede the others (although ODST is still my fav)

DarthLurtz

Jun 8, 2009
I'm not buying this game because Microsoft still hasn't released any games on the Playstation 3 and I am upset with them for that.

Actually this looks awesome.

Bob the zombie

Nov 21, 2009
I'm getting this game for three reasons:
updated forge
custom firefight
high character customization (for a halo game)

vento 231

Dec 31, 2009
I am stoked for it, but I am dissapointed they're leaving master chief drifting in space, wtf?

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
I'll rent it, enjoy it, have a chuckle at the marines from the prequel having better tech than the ones from the original, return it, and then never touch it again.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Yes. Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes.

The beta alone in May had me sold. All the wondrous content that has emerged in the weeks that followed only made me want it even more. If that were possible.