Poll: Are you excited for Halo : Reach?

Dec 14, 2008
I really hate how every one is passing judgement on something they probaly haven't even seen in action or read about, and are just making assumptions based on other people's opinions.

Oh well, their loss.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Definitely interested, though I'm not sure I'll buy it. I don't really get into the multiplayer part at all and based on previous Halo games I doubt the single player will last long enough to justify a buy for me. I love the Halo story and universe though, plus I read the back some time back, so I do definitely want to at least rent it.

Boom129

Apr 23, 2008
yeah but im really waiting for 2015 when Halo 7: Durandal comes out. you know its gonna happen

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Uhm... How was halo 1 revolutionary to gaming?
Simple, one thing. Taking what PC gamers had for years, and after many others had failed managed to push the gametype sucessfully onto consoles, and made (arguably) as good if not better than PC shooters.

Halo2? For good and Ill, Matchmaking system/DLC value vs return precedent.

Halo 3? Uh.... uhh.. Bringing the mapmaking mod system that PC shooters had for years, and brought it to viability on a console? Thats all i got.

ODST? Uh...pass

Reach? Jetpacks?

Not a big fan of Halo. I respect its well made, and things like its collision detection and ragdoll physics are surprisingly refined. I can every once in a while sit down for a few hours some random afternoon and do some multiplayer, but I really do not get, and never have got what exactly is so phenomenal about the series that sends some people into such an uproar. Its well made, its polished, it has its place in gaming history, but really that would be a paragraph, not the 3 book epic some people would have you believe (dont think any game ever made can claim such notoriety )

Having played the beta a little bit.. it looks like pretty much the same thing you would expect out of halo.. heavy emphasis on the multiplayer aspect with a solid multiplayer matchmaking system, a slightly refined graphics that given the simplicity of style in game you will notice for about 5 minutes and then forget, and... jetpacks.

It do like seeing the concept of styles of toon. I would like to see them progress it much further, such as several different types of armor sets that do differing things such as regeneration, heavy defense at the price of speed, vice versa, Pulse wave discharge armor, ect and keep with adding the more RPG-esque elements to allow people more options in customization and personalization.

I think reach will end up being one of the better additions to the franchise. And I do know that it will do well sales wise, but it wont be from a heavy influx of new fans, its basically going to be the same fans who will make it sucessful, who bought the prior 4.5 titles in the series, which is good, but it is a clear sign of the series showing signs of stagnation.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
I answered "Sort Of", then a few minutes later I was on Youtube, and decided to look up some trailers for it. I then saw the Forge World Vidoc, now if September doesn't move its ass and get here already I'm going to rage... hard!

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
Meh, I'll pick it up when it's cheap. I've enjoyed both Halo 3 and ODST, but the series isn't "OMG need get nao!" for me. Nothing against Reach (it does look pretty awesome), it's just a personal preference.

Apackof12Ninjas

Oct 12, 2009
Balobo said:
Oomii said:
Yes, because what other fps has forge? Seriously tell me. I love all the new features Bungie put in forge 2.0, they resolved pretty much all of complaints. I can't wait.
A lot of other FPSes have map editors.

Like TimeSplitters <3
Comparable to the Forge word? Pfff (snickers) yeah right. Only thing that comes close is possibly Map editors for Unreal then again they dont have the gameplay nor easy of functionality that Reach offers.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
Nautical Honors Society said:
I was pretty excited.

Then I watched this

Now I want. Me want now please.
Whoa there is going to be a lot of good maps on halo reach and to think the call of duty people have to pay 15 bucks for new maps.

CrashTestZombie

Mar 13, 2009
Balobo said:
Oomii said:
Yes, because what other fps has forge? Seriously tell me. I love all the new features Bungie put in forge 2.0, they resolved pretty much all of complaints. I can't wait.
A lot of other FPSes have map editors.

Like TimeSplitters <3
I will get Reach for the Forge, but if the single-player ending is "Let's all ride a vehicle over dangerous terrain!" like in Halo 1 and 3, then I will be greatly disappointed.

L'Edit:

Apackof12Ninjas said:
Comparable to the Forge word? Pfff (snickers) yeah right. Only thing that comes close is possibly Map editors for Unreal then again they dont have the gameplay nor easy of functionality that Reach offers.
It took 5 years for Bungie to do what Timesplitters did. Easy mapmaking (rotation and such), effects (Timsplitters has weather effects, Reach doesn't); Timsplitters also had placeable doors, windows, switches, teleporters, bunkers, controllable turrets that shoot different projectiles...

pfft.

oranger

May 27, 2008
wow, "revolutionized shooters"...serious? really?
that's like saying the big mac revolutionized burgers. all they did was add msg and grain to the beef.
Before halo, there were better shooters, by far. Half life (and its spin-offs), system shock 2 (I'm aware its a hybrid, but you do a lot of shooting...), I'm sure there are others.

Lord Kodous

Feb 24, 2009
Hell yes I'm excited! I've got Legendary pre-ordered and will be going dark soon, so all I have to do is wait for launch.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
When it comes to Halo, my default reaction to it goes a little something like this: It's just Halo. Calm down. It isn't that good.

Edit: So to answer your question: No, I don't give a shit.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Vrex360 said:
Between Forge World, Firefight Versus, Space Combat and so many other gametypes, yes I can say that I am looking forward to this one. Greatly.
And sangheili. I know you're excited by that.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to it. New weapons, space combat, kickass new playlists, and forge is looking great.
Also it's the first game with online splitscreen that I've seen in a while, which is awesome because I can play it with my brother.

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
oranger said:
wow, "revolutionized shooters"...serious? really?
that's like saying the big mac revolutionized burgers. all they did was add msg and grain to the beef.
Before halo, there were better shooters, by far. Half life (and its spin-offs), system shock 2 (I'm aware its a hybrid, but you do a lot of shooting...), I'm sure there are others.
For the time, it did. Was there anything else like the big Mac when it first came out?

Some times, the small changes make a big difference.