Poll: Are you excited for Halo : Reach?

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
monnes said:
godofallu said:
Did you see those new trailers for forge mode! Jesus this game will take us to the new evolution of gaming, just like Halo 1 did back in the day.
Uhm... How was halo 1 revolutionary to gaming?
Are you joking? I have never even owned an Xbox and I know Halo virtually created the FPS genre we know today

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
As someone who was sick of the Halo formula after ODST, I have to say that the Reach beta got me completely psyched for this game. Bungie fixed a lot of the issues I had with the gameplay, and adding things like the assassinations and armor abilities really rejuvenated it. I strongly recommend for everyone on here who's snidely dismissing the game to give it a try first, because I was pleasantly surprised.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Tipsy Giant said:
i'm no longer interested in sequels, new rule!
It's a prequel :)

DarthLurtz said:
I'm not buying this game because Microsoft still hasn't released any games on the Playstation 3 and I am upset with them for that.

Actually this looks awesome.
Is that a joke or sarcasm or idiocy? Do you know Microsoft owns the 360, which is competition to Sony the company that owns that PS3? I can't even tell, but yes it does look "awesome".

BTW to whoever it was that said Bungie doesn't treat it's community well, you are so wrong. I remember back in the days of the first two games when free maps were released. The community wanted stat tracking, they got an entire website. The community asked for file footage so they could save films and make machinima bam we got it.

Remember folks, even VALVE has to make 360 owners pay for their DLC. It's microsofts rule, not Bungie or VALVE's fault.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
godofallu said:
Did you see those new trailers for forge mode! Jesus this game will take us to the new evolution of gaming, just like Halo 1 did back in the day.
I think the sheer level of customization to your character and game modes, along with the MASSIVE amount of things to do and unlock in competitive multiplayer will set a new standard for replayability in modern games.

Apr 29, 2010
To be honest, my enthusiasm wasn't all that high. Then I saw the video about Forge World, and immediately thought, "Holy shit I want that!" But, after that I realized that if and when it comes out down here it will cost over 100 dollars. That put a damper on my enthusiasm.

Browbeat

Jul 21, 2009
Fairly excited, for two reasons:

1- This is a multimillion dollar franchise (maybe even billion...) that pretty much makes top-notch production values a necessity for continued business. This means cool promotional materials, frenzied media coverage, swarms of fanboys, competitors whipping out 'me-too' titles, crazy big release events, and a month or so of solid "So, didja ____ yet?" conversations following the actual release. So, basically, it's a big-money game from a commercially successful line that promises to stimulate the industry a fair bit.

2- This installment of the Halo FPS legacy may ACTUALLY LIVE UP to the original's promise of excitement. I know it's a long shot, but we may have memorable characters and interesting story twists before everything gets gass-- er.. glassed at the end. It's difficult to instill personalities into power-armored super-soldiers (although Games Workshop has managed all these years...), but perhaps Bungie will show that it can bring itself back to the days of Myth and focus on a solid plot and delivery amid the technical rock-paper-scissory and multiplayer mayhem.

Then again, Halo is nearly synonymous with multiplayer action, so this title may just dissolve into the same-ol' drivel.

Then again...

Reason 3- The updated graphics and physics engines, coupled with a newer editor toolset, will likely give the folks at Rooster Teeth and the legions of Machinimaniacs something interesting to do for the next couple years.

So, yes. Tentatively excited.

Roscoe_A

Aug 6, 2009
I'm very on the fence about this one. I'm just not into Halo as much as i used to so I'm going to wait to see what transpires at college

MagicMouse

Dec 31, 2009
Balobo said:
Oomii said:
Yes, because what other fps has forge? Seriously tell me. I love all the new features Bungie put in forge 2.0, they resolved pretty much all of complaints. I can't wait.
A lot of other FPSes have map editors.

Like TimeSplitters <3
Oh god the flashing lights make them stop!! PLEASE!!!

*seizures*

OP: I loved halo 3 especially for the co op campaign so this a day one buy for me.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
Reach is the only game I will lay down $150 for a collectors edition.
Reach is the only game I will play for more than 2-3 hours at a time, even online.
Reach is the only game I will play for years and years after release.
Reach is the only game I will EVERY mode to the fullest that will never get dull.
Reach is the only game where I will love for eternity!

...Yes, I'm a HUGE fanboy of Halo. Not xbox (although it is great). Just Halo.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
buy teh haloz said:
Here's a hint:

[HEADING=1]FUCK YES![/HEADING]
Right, now I'm going to try and make an assumption about your opinion on this matter but it will be difficult given how subtle that hint was, seriously I'll have to wonder for a second.

*pauses and studies your post*

I'm going to assume, given what I can gather from the hint you dropped that you are.... somewhat excited for the release of Halo: Reach? Am I right?

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
oranger said:
wow, "revolutionized shooters"...serious? really?
that's like saying the big mac revolutionized burgers. all they did was add msg and grain to the beef.
Before halo, there were better shooters, by far. Half life (and its spin-offs), system shock 2 (I'm aware its a hybrid, but you do a lot of shooting...), I'm sure there are others.
Revolutionized gaming was my quote, which you failed to quote properly. No biggie, because it did obviously change shooters by a massive amount. I won't even need to mention the whole success of Xbox as a band was entirely due to Halo 1.

It revolutionized shooters. Respawning Energy Shield is now in like 90% of shooters, or at the least regenerating health. None of your PC games listed have that do they.

How about Wathogs, or other large multiplayer map settings with drivable vehicles playing a large part? Nope Halo did that and your listed games didn't.

How about we drop our PC gamers rule bias now and open our eyes to the fact that games on other systems can actually influence PC games too.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Vrex360 said:
buy teh haloz said:
Here's a hint:

[HEADING=1]FUCK YES![/HEADING]
Right, now I'm going to try and make an assumption about your opinion on this matter but it will be difficult given how subtle that hint was, seriously I'll have to wonder for a second.

*pauses and studies your post*

I'm going to assume, given what I can gather from the hint you dropped that you are.... somewhat excited for the release of Halo: Reach? Am I right?
Yeah, I'm really exci- Oh wait I see what you did there...