Poll: Are you excited for Halo : Reach?

John47

Jul 19, 2010
90% of gamers have atleast got a good taste in games for them not liking halo.i would actually buy halo:reach if halo 2 and halo 3 were never released because halo combat evolved was atleast fun and after halo 2 i have lost every hope that bungie will someday make another good game

Sargey

Jul 13, 2010
I got sick of Halo when I tried to play Halo 3...story was just too confusing so I haven't had an interest in the franchise since.

chozoone19

Feb 12, 2009
Eh, sorta. Its definitely a step up from 3/ODST, but not by much. Most of the new features are nice an all, though they dont appeal to me all that much. A good majority of the new weapons are similar to previous one(rapid plasma rifle=sentinel beam), armour enhancements are pretty cool and a step up from 3's equipment, more vehicles including space ones are a welcome addition even if some are just old ones reworked(A dual prop three person helicopter? Hello, its a hornet). The story seems to be the best improvement out of the lot, but that leads to my biggest gripe....it throws continuity out the window. Not only with the books but with the games as well; where the hell was all this stuff in Halo 1-3? Did they just not want master chief to have access to it or what...I dont know but it rather perplexes me.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
rockingnic said:
Reach is the only game I will lay down $150 for a collectors edition.
Reach is the only game I will play for more than 2-3 hours at a time, even online.
Reach is the only game I will play for years and years after release.
Reach is the only game I will EVERY mode to the fullest that will never get dull.
Reach is the only game where I will love for eternity!

...Yes, I'm a HUGE fanboy of Halo. Not xbox (although it is great). Just Halo.
I assume you are a Killzone fan also? (just wondering from the avatar)

OT: I would be but my friend isn't getting Reach so I no longer have anyway to play it.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
No, kinda feel like Halo's time has passed, if you're a fan of the series you'll probably like it, but I don't see this title turning any heads...=/

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Reach is going to improve a LOT on standards set by Halo 3, and I'm genuinely excited - not just because I will buy anything Halo (I will). However, despite all the improvements, changes and so forth we will still see people saying nothing has changed and it's just the same old shit over and over.

Here's a good example of pre-emptive conclusions:
crimsonshrouds said:
No.

Why should I exactly? Their are better FPSs out there.
Because you've played Halo: Reach in it's entirely and are completely justified in making this call!

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Nah, not really. I'll probably play it pretty soon after release but I doubt I'll pre-order it or anything.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Oh yes quite so, it looks like the game that could get me back into Halo again.

But sadly my 360 died, so I won't get it. *sad face*

Schreck157

Apr 14, 2009
I'm mostly being peer pressured into Halo Reach. I'll be laughed out of the room by my big nerd friends if I don't show up with the biggest and shiniest copy of the game the day its released.

Ezahn

The Werepianist
Jul 26, 2010
Halo could never be understood in terms of "innovation".
It's just a perfect mixture of rythm, controls, music and graphics.
Forge World looks incredibile, still.

Blights

Feb 16, 2009
Balobo said:
No. It's Halo.
Obvious Troll is obvious.

OT: Yeah, I'm pumped. I spent so many hours on Halo 3 with friends, I remember having to spend hours on one part of a Forge map, now Forge in Reach looks epic.

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
I'm totally stoked to eventually get to play Reach...I say "eventually" as I doubt I'll be buying it on or anywhere near release-date instead waiting for some used-price drops (or decent eBay finds.) I've never needed to be the first-in-line for games (Batman: Arkham Asylum aside...but that's just because I bought my 360 specifically to play B:AA) as there'll certainly be no shortage of the things.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
I will see how the campaign is but the multiplayer was so much fun, I know I love firefight already, I had hours of fun on the old clunky forge so i will probably get the on the launch days

I really think this is a good game to show other developers how to do it. In many other games there's just an average multiplayer with maybe a decent story mode. Now Reach has a fantastic multiplayer, an amazing looking forge mode and the firefight mode. All which are massively customisable which is something no other console game has managed to do well

Gears 2 had horde mode but that was repetitive, MW2 had spec opps but that was limited in how much you could do really, Far Cry 2 had a map editor but the actual engine was shit and all the player made maps were terrible. Reach has all of them but they look like they have been done well and if they are as good as they look then this is going to be an utter classic

MongodPenguin

Jul 23, 2010
I wasn't absolutely crazy over the beta.

Theres something about paying for each piece of shoulder armour seperately that annoys me. Also they said that they took away the, running at each other with ARs then meleeing... They didn't.

But i am going to make this purchase regardless of the multiplayer, as Forge, the campaign and custom games should all be well worth it.

My vote goes to "Sort of"

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Jet packs, holograms, forge world, invasion, firefight versus, new campaign, space combat!

In short, hell yes! September 14th can't come fast enough!

The_Splatterer

Off on a Tangent
May 31, 2009
Yes yes yes, then i saw the ViDoc... Forge World and i watched the Bungie Panel at Comic-con which shows Forge World even better and the versus firefight and... YES!
People are passing it off as 'another halo game' but in Bungie's eyes it isn't. if it was Halo 4 then they'd probably stick to the norm but this is their last shot with halo and they're going out with a bang. This won't be just another halo game.