Poll: Are you excited for Halo : Reach?

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I'm looking forward to it. The game looks pretty solid as it is, and Forge Mode looks awesome and will most likely consume my time more than anything else, just as it did in Halo 3. It'll probably be a... week or two after release date buy, so I can get it used.

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
Kermi said:
crimsonshrouds said:
Kermi said:
Reach is going to improve a LOT on standards set by Halo 3, and I'm genuinely excited - not just because I will buy anything Halo (I will). However, despite all the improvements, changes and so forth we will still see people saying nothing has changed and it's just the same old shit over and over.

Here's a good example of pre-emptive conclusions:
crimsonshrouds said:
No.

Why should I exactly? Their are better FPSs out there.
Because you've played Halo: Reach in it's entirely and are completely justified in making this call!
Attacking fanboys are fun. I made a pre-emptive call because i was trying to be funny but people get so serious about a game. Even though i never stated the game was bad.
Yes, it's remarkable how many people are only "trying to be funny" after someone calls them out on how flawed their comments are.
Where was my comment flawed? when im stating i have other shooting games that i consider better and would rather play. I have yet to actually say halo is bad or to even insult it for that matter.
So i have to ask. Why you are being hostile towards me and why do you feel the need to defend an object that needs no defending.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
crimsonshrouds said:
Kermi said:
crimsonshrouds said:
Kermi said:
Reach is going to improve a LOT on standards set by Halo 3, and I'm genuinely excited - not just because I will buy anything Halo (I will). However, despite all the improvements, changes and so forth we will still see people saying nothing has changed and it's just the same old shit over and over.

crimsonshrouds said:
No.

Because you've played Halo: Reach in it's entirely and are completely justified in making this call!
Attacking fanboys are fun. I made a pre-emptive call because i was trying to be funny but people get so serious about a game. Even though i never stated the game was bad.
Yes, it's remarkable how many people are only "trying to be funny" after someone calls them out on how flawed their comments are.
Where was my comment flawed? when im stating i have other shooting games that i consider better and would rather play. I have yet to actually say halo is bad or to even insult it for that matter.
So i have to ask. Why you are being hostile towards me and why do you feel the need to defend an object that needs no defending.
Am I being hostile? I just used your comment as an example of people who pass judgement on a game before they have any right or reason to, i.e.: before it's been released.

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
Kermi said:
crimsonshrouds said:
Kermi said:
crimsonshrouds said:
Kermi said:

crimsonshrouds said:
No.

Am I being hostile? I just used your comment as an example of people who pass judgement on a game before they have any right or reason to, i.e.: before it's been released.
I never judged the game but i have judged the series as one im just not that interested in. Calling someones comment flawed outright isn't being hostile? So if i just outright called halo a pile of shit (which i don't think that its an example) then im not being hostile i guess.

Sorry i judged you as being hostile but over the internet its hard to tell.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
The multiplayer was truly addicting, I'm really looking forward to this game, just so I can pawn some more noobs with the focus rifle. I love the character customisation, it's so much more improved than that in halo 3 so you can actually feel like an individual in the game, with the sub-permutations on top of the normal armor permutations, it was just... ahhhhhh...

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
crimsonshrouds said:
Kermi said:
crimsonshrouds said:
Kermi said:
crimsonshrouds said:
Kermi said:

crimsonshrouds said:
No.

I never judged the game but i have judged the series as one im just not that interested in. Calling someones comment flawed outright isn't being hostile? So if i just outright called halo a pile of shit (which i don't think that its an example) then im not being hostile i guess.

Sorry i judged you as being hostile but over the internet its hard to tell.
Anything can be flawed, all that means is that it's flawed. It's up to the observe to decide in the flaws outweight the positive attributes. The flaw in your argument is that you've not played Halo: Reach, and are therefore are not in a position to deride it - at least not a reasonable position. Just as I, despite my eagerness to play the game, am not in any position to call it great... yet.

Captain Pancake said:
The multiplayer was truly addicting, I'm really looking forward to this game, just so I can pawn some more noobs with the focus rifle. I love the character customisation, it's so much more improved than that in halo 3 so you can actually feel like an individual in the game, with the sub-permutations on top of the normal armor permutations, it was just... ahhhhhh...
The problem there is that the armor permutations are so small and fiddly as to be practically indistinguishable at any kind of range. My wife spent a good chunk of the closing days of beta grinding the 20,000 credits needed to get a tiny little camera/light thing on the side of her helmet. She did it purely for the challenge of doing so which is fine... but once it was there you'd hardly notice it. She has the pleasure of knowing she earned it, of course, but ultimately the armour permutations are the least exciting thing about Reach, for me.

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
godofallu said:
Tipsy Giant said:
i'm no longer interested in sequels, new rule!
It's a prequel :)

DarthLurtz said:
I'm not buying this game because Microsoft still hasn't released any games on the Playstation 3 and I am upset with them for that.

Actually this looks awesome.
Is that a joke or sarcasm or idiocy? Do you know Microsoft owns the 360, which is competition to Sony the company that owns that PS3? I can't even tell, but yes it does look "awesome".

BTW to whoever it was that said Bungie doesn't treat it's community well, you are so wrong. I remember back in the days of the first two games when free maps were released. The community wanted stat tracking, they got an entire website. The community asked for file footage so they could save films and make machinima bam we got it.

Remember folks, even VALVE has to make 360 owners pay for their DLC. It's microsofts rule, not Bungie or VALVE's fault.
Yeah it's a prequel but you know what i mean, i'm sick of every game coming out these last three years having a number following the title like a fat kid following birthday cake with his eyes, while everyone sings happy birthday as the title turns 2 years old and the third prequel/sequel is being announced.

Original IP or nothing for me, Crackdown confirmed my wise decision with its sequel this month :)