Poll: Are you finished with Bioware now?

airrazor7

Nov 8, 2010
Mass Effect is the only game series by Bioware that I'm interested in and I don't think they'll put out anything else that will grab my interest anytime soon. Not even thinking about getting ME3 anytime soon since I'm waiting for the $40 complete version to come out. Until then, there are a ton of other games coming out this year (that will probably be better) that I'm looking forward to. Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite (if they're released this year) and RE6 will probably give ME3 a run for it's money.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Gyroscope_Trout said:
I disliked the ending, but I'm not done with Bioware. Nobody else makes games quite like them, and the writing/development decisions of a handful of people from one team shouldn't be held against others who are still doing a good job.
Well, yes it can. As a consumer you can hold a company responsible for it's products if your unhappy with them. What's more the people who work for Bioware continue to do so despite what's going on there, which means that they share responsibility for the results of the whole. What's more when it comes to Bioware's attitude and things like the "Hawke incident" the employees stayed there after what the PR people said, and didn't exactly walk out or force changes internally for mistreating and misrepresenting the fans.

It's a team effort and they share responsibility for everything, a good bit of graphic design or moment of genius really can be undone by other desicians. What's more the music people, animators, artists, and everyone else were involved to draw, animate, voice act, etc... that horrible ending so it was a team effort, you can't just blame the writers. None of those people apparently decided "I refuse to have my creative integrity compromised by this piece of steaming turd of an ending" and walk out on the project. Or if some did, the ones still part of Bioware share the blame.

Teh Jammah

Nov 13, 2010
I voted 'maybe', although it has nothing to do with the next game they release.

I'm giving them one last chance to see if they fix the debacle that was the ME3 ending. If they do it, satisfactorily in a free DLC, I'm staying, begrudgingly, but nowhere near the loyal fan I was before.

Paid DLC, I'll buy that, but then I'm done - with them and EA. May seem 'entitled' to some, but they've taken enough of my money over the years for what has become a decidedly deminishing reward. If I'm no longer 'entitled' to what I believe I'm paying for then they're no longer 'entitled' to my money.

Anything else? Done for good.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
My uncle loved jade empire and I might try that one day.
I enjoyed it a lot when I played it, but I actually wouldn't recommend it. The writing isn't anything to write home about, the combat system is trivial to break, and the setting's execution is arguably kind of racist.

There are some good ideas, though - in theory, the game is supposed to have a morality system that doesn't boil down to good vs. evil (in practice, it completely does). There are also some cool characters, like a little girl possessed by a benevolent and malevolent spirit and

a kindly mentor archetype who actually turns out to be something completely different from that. Not on the Kreia level, but still pretty cool.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Pumpkin_Eater said:
Your thread title and poll question are mismatched. I misvoted after reading the thread title.

Mass Effect 3 was unforgivable. Bioware is like the zombie of a loved one, it's for the best if it gets put down.
I felt the opposite (except for the endings), and felt ME3 was awesome. Not as deep RPG wise as ME2, but better than ME2 (which I feel is still the worst of the three, overall.

IDK, I think Ill wait and see what they have to offer. You see, I dont have a deffinitive taste, I like what I like, and hate what I dont. While Ill love one game, Ill hate its sequal, or if I hated the first game, Ill love its sequal. There is no way of telling if I need to write Bioware off yet.

thehorror2

Jan 25, 2010
After ME3, I'm done. The only way I'm ever touching Bioware again is after they break off of EA. That company has never had an artistic thought ANYWHERE in its management. Before the Age of Kotick at Activision, EA was THE face of Evil in the VG industry. Unless their relentless stranglehold on Bioware and their products goes the way of the Dodo, I can't imagine they'll ever put something out to match their old work. Hell, get them back under Microsoft's roof, if nothing else. Most people's problems with the franchise only after EA bought them.

If people want to start up a protest to make Bioware cut ties with EA, I'll gladly join up and march with them.

dreadedcandiru99

Apr 13, 2009
endtherapture said:
I honestly can't see myself buying anything more from Bioware unless Dragon Age 3 is in the style of Dragon Age Origins, then I'm done.

How about you?
If they fix the lame ME3 ending, I'm willing to let them off with a stern "don't let it happen again." I don't even care if I have to pay for it (though I'll be a lot happier with them if I don't). I was actually sorta-kinda willing to stick up for Dragon Age 2 in spite of all its problems, but not this.

If they don't fix it, I'm out.

Dec 14, 2009
I judge games on an individual basis.

Not buying a game, simply because it's by a specific dev team is a rather petty attitude.

Clebold

Jan 24, 2012
I am gonna play it by ear. My opinion right now is, No, I won't give in just because of 10 minutes of a 30 or so hour game. I mean that is just silly.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
While I am *incredibly* disappointed with ME3's ending, I'm sure I'll give them another chance since the rest of the game was amazing. I preordered ME3's N7 Edition a while back, and even after seeing that ending, I proudly wear my N7 patch on my backpack.

Ziggy

Jul 13, 2010
mirage202 said:
Lately I seem to get a hell of a lot more enjoyment out of indie titles (Starfarer and Towns for example) than I am from big budget AAA games.
How is Starfarer? From what i have seen it looks great, but i'm not compatible buying a alfa.

Latenz1134

Feb 23, 2012
tendaji said:
No, I'll still play Bioware games, because despite the 10 minutes of game that I did not like, the other 27 hours of gameplay I did enjoy of ME3, and the 80 hours of gameplay I put into the full trilogy I did enjoy. So an ending was flopped, in the end I really don't care, because I was entertained by the game and that is good enough for me.

Also I misvoted because your pole is different from your topic.
Yes, this is also how I feel. If I find almost all the game enjoyable, but the last bit was a bit of a let down, why would I not play their games?

C14N

May 28, 2008
I misvoted too, why is the poll question different to the title?

Of course I will play more Bioware games (assuming they look interesting). It's incredibly childish to just decide in advance, without knowing anything about them, that none of the games that come out of this huge studio will ever be any good every again. Even if you hated the ending to Mass Effect 3, how does that have any bearing on future projects?

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
I'm going to whine about the company because they didn't make their latest offering to my exact specifications, using the word 'boycott' liberally, then go ahead and buy the next title anyway as getting laid in real life is difficult because only douchebags who shower and shave can get girlfriends.

Take that, Bioware. Screw you for making consumer goods.

romxxii

Feb 18, 2010
I'll play, but I sure as hell won't be buying any "Digital Deluxe" editions anytime soon.

From now on, BioWare is just another game company.