Poll: Are you Homosexual?

ViolentlyHappy91

Kerrick of Long Service
Apr 16, 2009
Oh god, it's THIS thread again. I really don't see why sexual orientation matters, gay, bi, straight, tran, it's all the same to me, I really don't care what your sexual orientation is, because it doesn't change who you are. I've never revealed my orientation, solely because it doesn't matter, and I'm a member of The Escapist Gay-mers [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Escapist-Gay-mers]. I just don't tell people, you can make up your own mind on what you think I am.

PlagueRat

Oct 29, 2008
I'm gay. I have been since college. Didn't really think about it in high school. Most people don't realize I am until I tell them. Hell, one of my jobs, the production guys kept asking me when I was getting a girlfriend and why I hadn't looked for one. You'd think after 3 months of the question they'd get a hint, but I didn't say anything because the company didn't have the protection for gay rights.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
ViolentlyHappy91 said:
Oh god, it's THIS thread again. I really don't see why sexual orientation matters, gay, bi, straight, tran, it's all the same to me, I really don't care what your sexual orientation is, because it doesn't change who you are. I've never revealed my orientation, solely because it doesn't matter, and I'm a member of The Escapist Gay-mers [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Escapist-Gay-mers]. I just don't tell people, you can make up your own mind on what you think I am.
Well I think you are awesome :D

Also is it just me or is the thread title as bad as it gets

Apr 29, 2010
Sleekgiant said:
Well that is a rather bad title for this

OT I'm gay and happy about it :D
Hey, you're right! The title could have been more carefully worded.

I'm straight, and I don't care what your sexual orientation is. If you're a cool person, I'll be your friend. In the end, we're all just people.

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
Sleekgiant said:
ViolentlyHappy91 said:

I agree about the thread title...

ViolentlyHappy91

Kerrick of Long Service
Apr 16, 2009
Sleekgiant said:

Thanks Sleek :D. This thread used to pop up ever 2 or 3 months, and it always had a few fights in it.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Straight... it's interesting to see how many Bisexuals there are on the site though, didn't expect so many.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Scde2 said:
I agree about the thread title...
We should burn it >:D
ViolentlyHappy91 said:
Sleekgiant said:

Thanks Sleek :D. This thread used to pop up ever 2 or 3 months, and it always had a few fights in it.
It popped up in February and wasn't to pretty, it comes about as often as Furry threads : /

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
zehydra said:
Yureina said:
zehydra said:
Yureina said:
Asexual. I guess i'd be straight if I was into this stuff though.
Impossible to tell. It's not like you get to choose.
I'm not sure what you mean.
I mean, it's impossible to tell whether or not your brain would be calibrated 'homosexual' or 'heterosexual'.
Maybe so. Thing is, I said 'asexual' to reflect a personal lack of interest. I have a good idea what my interests would be if I actually did care about this stuff, but... I don't. Not now.

atalanta

Dec 27, 2009
I'm bisexual. It's pretty okay.

Souplex said:
I love that people keep on posting "I'm straight, nothing against gay people" as if being straight would normally make you homophobic.
I noticed this too. It's making me kind of twitchy, actually.

Sturmdolch said:
I love the misconceptions that if you're bi, you MUST be with a member of each sex at least once in your life, or that you desperately want a threesome, or that you need guyz on the side, or that you're always horny, or that you'd bang anything that walks. Fuck that. I'm a bigot; I have high standards on both sides.
Preach it, brother. Bi != easy.

ViolentlyHappy91

Kerrick of Long Service
Apr 16, 2009
Sleekgiant said:
We should burn it >:D
It popped up in February and wasn't to pretty, it comes about as often as Furry threads : /
Yeah, I can see it going too well when it's posted...and we shouldn't burn it, we should just kind of turn out backs and pretend it never existed. *walks away, never to return to this thread*

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Sometimes I'd think it's be easier if I weren't straight, since at least I can understand men. Women are hard mode, and unless someone releases a good faq I think it's going to be bumpy for the rest of my romantic life.

"The good thing about being bisexual is that it doubles your chance of a date on a Saturday night." -Woody Allen

bearlynormal

Jun 2, 2010
I think I'd say I'm both ways, I lean more on the gay side of things but I don't push it on people. No point to, I don't get why some do though.

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
Bisexual. Mainly figured it out when I started looking through swimsuit catalogs and drooling over both the guys and the girls.

B'sides, I prefer not being the one who 'wears the pants', as the saying goes. I much prefer skirts. ^^

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Maverick Siragusa said:
just one question, how can you be asexual?

unless some of the people that post here are fungus
Asexual means that you don't engage in any sexual activity. It can be that you're not attracted to either sex, or that you don't have a sex drive or have a weak sex drive, or for personal reasons I believe.

||XIII

Jun 1, 2010
I suppose I'm unsure. I do only have experience with women, but I'm not appalled by the thought of fooling around with a guy, then again, I'm definitely not drawn towards the macho.

Edit: Coming to think of it, I don't like girly girls either, so I guess I'm into whatever is centered around the middle.

Skeleton Jelly

Nov 1, 2009
I'm straight with a slight bit of bi-curiosity.

I don't mind doing a lot of things with guys. But anything to do sexually down there is just something I find repulsive. Also, the guy is gay, I'm a lot less open. It's basically cheating since I have a girlfriend.

atalanta

Dec 27, 2009
Mimsofthedawg said:
Kaymish said:
im bi-sexual and love the freedom it provides me which is well worth the hate levelled at me by people who don't understand
what hate are you talking about? Is it really more noteworthy than other supposedly hated people (minorities, ideological groups, etc.)? Is it as noteworthy? Why do you think people "hate" you and your identity so much?

Not trying to argue or attack, just interested in what you have to say.
You'd be surprised, actually. A lot of people don't really believe bisexuality is a valid sexual orientation, and that you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO BE one or the other -- for instance, there's a common misconception that bisexuality is that awkward phase you go through before you come out as properly gay. There are also a couple of nasty stereotypes about bi people, especially bi women -- that they're only bi in college, or bi only because their partners think it's hot, or bi because they're huge sluts, or whatever.

As such, bisexuals often end up being too gay for the straight people, and too straight for the gay people -- we're simultaneously filthy perverts wrecking the moral fibre of society, while also being cowardly sell-outs who are too busy reaping the benefits of being straight to care about the plight of our fellow GLTQA's