Poll: Are you Homosexual?

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
I love tha titties. Straight. There is this super gay kid that used to go to my school. Really annoying fucker, not because he was gay, but because he was a whiney little ***** who never thought anything bad that happend to him was his fault.

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
atalanta said:
There are also a couple of nasty stereotypes about bi people, especially bi women -- that they're only bi in college, or bi only because their partners think it's hot, or bi because they're huge sluts, or whatever.
I won't deny that I thought this about a lot of the supposedly 'bi' girls I knew in high school. They were bi because it got them attention, and making out with girls was a great way to get guys. There were even 'LUGs' - Lesbians Until Graduation.

Getting older, I know that I was wrong about the overall population of bi women (and I've made friends with quite a few), but it's like any group of people: a few assholes can ruin it for the image of everyone else.

JakeTheSnakeMan said:
lilmisspotatoes said:
JakeTheSnakeMan said:
I'm bisexual and I'm glad to be. However, I hate when people using the word "preference." Not because its offensive or anything but because its kind of misleading. It implies that one chooses their sexuality. I don't think one has any more power over their sexuality than they do over their taste buds. You either like girls, boys, both, or neither. You can't change it. At least that's how it is for me. Maybe I'm wrong... If there is anyone who thinks they have a choice as to their sexual orientation, I'd like to hear from you.
What other word would you use? This isn't meant to be an inflammatory question, I'm really curious.

I don't think that people choose their sexual orientation, but I do see that most people I know who consider themselves bi have one gender that they're attracted to above the other. One of my closest friends considers herself bisexual, but she prefers men. *shrug* Another calls himself bi, but prefers men as well.
I see what you're saying as far as being bi, and it does make sense in that context because I guess I do prefer men over women. But I meant more specifically completely gay or lesbian people or even straight people wouldn't be considered preferences because there is only one gender to be attracted to. Do you understand now? I don't know if I explained it well enough. :) That's all I meant. If I had to pick a word though, I would use orientation. That doesn't imply that one has a choice in the matter.
:) I understand now. Thanks for clearing that up!

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
JakeTheSnakeMan said:
J03bot said:
Souplex said:
I love that people keep on posting "I'm straight, nothing against gay people" as if being straight would normally make you homophobic.
Eh, you'd be surprised at how frequently not being gay seems to be synonymous with being homophobic...
Unfortunately that is pretty much true.

OT:
I'm bisexual and I'm glad to be. However, I hate when people using the word "preference." Not because its offensive or anything but because its kind of misleading. It implies that one chooses their sexuality. I don't think one has any more power over their sexuality than they do over their taste buds. You either like girls, boys, both, or neither. You can't change it. At least that's how it is for me. Maybe I'm wrong... If there is anyone who thinks they have a choice as to their sexual orientation, I'd like to hear from you.
Sorry if my use of the word was a little.. concerning? I meant it more in the manner of Bisexuality has the preference to explore their sexual identity with both their own gender, and the other. Straight's have the preference towards sexual relations with their opposite gender, and Gays/Lesbian's to their same. I personally do not think we have the choice of sexuality, simply whom we go to bed with (whether attracted or not at the fundamental level).

Silver_Shade

Mar 3, 2010
I don't really like labels. I tend to identify as bi, since most people know that word (of course, I've had to explain what being bi means twice this past year, anyway), but if I was forced to pick at gun point for some reason, I think I'd go with pansexual. I fall in love with minds and hearts, not genitalia.

And yeah, there's a lot of hate for the bisexual community. It's unfortunate.

darkfire613

Jun 26, 2009
I would mostly say I'm asexual, but in the event of having a romantic relationship with another human, it would be with one of the opposite sex.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Wardnath said:
Drakmeire said:
I'm straight as can be, but if I had the chance I would totally do myself... what does that count as?
I believe that may or may not be narcissism?

Feel free to correct me. :)
I believe that's masturbation.

OT: Straight as... something straight.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Straight- once wondered if I might be gay when a gay friend questioned my sexuality, but then I just realized that men don't do it for me.

Whats important for anyone is that they are comfortable with who they are and their sexuality

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Yureina said:
zehydra said:
Yureina said:
zehydra said:
Yureina said:
Asexual. I guess i'd be straight if I was into this stuff though.
Impossible to tell. It's not like you get to choose.
I'm not sure what you mean.
I mean, it's impossible to tell whether or not your brain would be calibrated 'homosexual' or 'heterosexual'.
Maybe so. Thing is, I said 'asexual' to reflect a personal lack of interest. I have a good idea what my interests would be if I actually did care about this stuff, but... I don't. Not now.
If you're straight/gay/bi then your interests are irrelevant. I can't just say I'm not interested in girls, I don't have that kind of power. If you really don't have any romantic/sexual feelings toward any type of person at all, then you are really asexual. When it comes to romance/sexuality, "personal lack of interest" really doesn't make any sense at all. Most people have no absolutely no control over what they desire romantically/sexually.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I am straight as an arrow which isn't that straight after watching Mythbusters.

I am gay about being straight!

I am a guy who digs girls.

Drakmeire said:
Wardnath said:
No, I am not.
Drakmeire said:
I'm straight as can be, but if I had the chance I would totally do myself... what does that count as?
I believe that may or may not be narcissism?

Feel free to correct me. :)
it might just be masturbation.
No that is a narcissistic comment.

Musical-Wheelchair

Jan 30, 2009
This is actually somewhat of a hard question for me to answer, because I have a drastically weakened libido (I might have a hormone imbalance or something). I suppose it would be accurate to say I'm bisexual, though I lean towards straight.

I try to stay real open with myself whenever the topic arises. Naturally I'm totally ok with people having whatever preference they do, though I'll admit I tend to get a little turned away when you start entering your super stereotypical, perfectly-toned abs hard gay territory.

I know a few guys who are gay. One of them is my closest friend, we've known each other for about three years now. He's easily one of the most honest, sympathetic, and all around respectable people I know. The two of us are real tight buds, but it's nothing romantic.

I find it real depressing that half of my old friends from Florida ended up turning into homophobes after I moved to Oregon. One ended up as a hardcore "If you're gay get the hell out of my house" type, and needless to say I pretty much cut contact with him after our first reunion. Another that I keep in contact with, he's not as bad, but I'm sick of all the slurs he makes (which he refuses to stop despite my vehement rejections). Though, it's not out of any direct hate for homosexuals, they're just your unfortunate common placeholder for hate heard everywhere in highschool. He has the whole "hey, just so long as they don't try to molest me" stance on homosexuality, which still pisses me off, because that's the LAST type of person most any gay guy would want to be around. Gays aren't always overly horny bastards that'll screw anything that moves.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Cuddly Razor said:
I'm the guy that gets to enjoy the best of both worlds. In other words, I'm bisexual.

My tolerance for others?
Heterosexuals, check (I'm bi after all).
Homosexuals, check (yet again, I'm bi).
Bisexuals, check (duh).
Transexuals, check (the girl I love is transgendered :D).
I think you misunderstand the word "tolerance." It's an easy mistake to make now that it's become a buzzword meaning "something vaguely good people have regarding others who are different." But the actual meaning of tolerating something isn't very applicable to your situation. You can't TOLERATE what you ARE. That makes almost no sense at all. If you're attracted to women you can't be intolerant of those who are attracted to women, and the same for men. It's not tolerance, it's a refusal to become a hypocrite. So bravo for that, I suppose. I don't know if anyone can really use the word "tolerance" in the first-person possessive of "I have tolerance for..." unless they are actually tolerating something they don't like.

I tolerate people who smoke. I tolerate those who drink around me. I tolerate people who drive badly on the road. I don't like any of those things (or do any of them) but I respect the rights of others to do things I don't approve of, because it's their free choice to do those things. Same way it's my free choice to do things they might not approve of.

Don't misunderstand me-I'm not trying to pick a fight. It's just that "tolerance" is a buzzword that ticks me off, because people use it like it's this big sacrifice they've made or this wonderful thing they're doing, when in actuality it's often no effort at all for them to "tolerate" this thing they agree with. I'm not "tolerating" the presence of an ice cream sundae in front of me if that's my favorite food, am I?

On Topic: I'm straight. I respect the rights of others to be whatever they want without harming others, since it's their choice. The day folks infringe on my right to be straight I'll be worrying about them being gay. I might or might not agree morally with some decisions people make about their lives, but the list of things I don't agree with is pretty large and I long ago decided not to lose any sleep over choices that don't affect me.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Since I only feel attraction to women, I guess I am straight.

Also I have no problems with homosexuals or bis, as long as the gays aren't super flamboyant.

However I don't think you should feel shame or pride about your sexaulity. And I feel Pride parades are counter productive to some extent.

The Dr0w Ranger

Jan 8, 2009
Lets see.
Straight, no hints, not curiosity, I like Girls, well one specifically, and shes all MINE!

In relation to other orientations, I have some opinions. Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual people, I can admit don't choose what they like. But as a Bible-thumping Christian, I say what you DO based on that is, and for my part I think it is wrong. Thing is, after I say my piece it ain't my problem any more, go ahead, do as you want, its your life(and afterlife) and I am not gonna follow you around beating you with it.

Quick point on Gay marriage, I'd be completely cool with it if we could get a different name or something, let it be a legal binding or whatnot, but does it HAVE to be in a church? Must Gays and Lesbians(Bis as well) piss in the face of a faith?

I could even grudgingly go along if there was a clause allowing preachers priests and pastors to decline to do it, but you know it will be compulsory....

Transgendered falls mostly under the blanket of homosexuality for my views, but just one part.
I really thinks its both kinda icky, and really disturbing to me personally, then again I only know of one tranny in my town and He/she just looks like a dude in drag, which is just WRONG.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Souplex said:
I love that people keep on posting "I'm straight, nothing against gay people" as if being straight would normally make you homophobic.
Yep, well, you have to follow the stupid logic which has found its way into the media and eventually to real people.

All people who hate gays are straight.
All straight people are straight.
Therefore, all straight people hate gays.

If you think I'm joking about the "media" comment, watch ANY sitcom in which a straight person meets a gay person. Within 30 seconds comes the awkward "I am not gay but bladda bladda me no Westborough KKK member etc" babble from the straight person. When you think about it, you're right that it doesn't make sense, but it's become sort of a stereotype of straight people now. Eh, that's my opinion, anyway. It's like how being white=racist to some. Or at least, requires the white person to explain how NOT racist they are. Sigh.