Poll: Are you more attracted to women/men of your own ethnicity than those outside it?

NathLines

May 23, 2010
I'm Asian but I live in Sweden, so I'm mostly attracted to white women. I've always disliked the looks of Asian and black women, but I have been able to find some Asian women attractive as of late. I don't think I'll ever be attracted to black women, not because of skin color(Mass Effect knows that's not the case) but because of their facial structure.

Varrdy

Feb 25, 2010
I'm honestly not bothered if they're black, white, mixed-race or even rainbow-coloured! While I won't deny I prefer svelte to saggy, ethnicity really doesn't matter much to me at all.

Wardy

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
I wouldn't say it's a 'similar to me/dissimilar to me' thing. More a matter of tastes. I'm more attracted to certain races, and less so to others. I expect most people (including myself) find their own races attractive as that's what we're most used to.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
I suppose its equal, but my perspective may be somewhat skewed since the large majority of the people I meet share my ethnicity.

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
while have never actually been with someone outside of my own ethnic group, I have definitely been attracted to them.

Gizmo_Gia_Gias

Jul 30, 2011
I am really picky with looks in regards to members of my own race. I seem to always wind up finding something to nitpick at, so I end up responding more readily to other ethnicities. Also there is that kinda taboo nature of interracial couples. I believe most people in our generation don't care but I still think about it.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Depends completely on the person in question. I don't have any preferences when it comes to ethnicity.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I am attracted to both, namely Caucasians and blacks. But I'm picky with my black girls, they can't be a mirror image of the stereotypes everyone associates them with.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
Hard to say...

Im generally just attracted to women of my own ethnicity, but there are stunning women of all ethnicity's out there that i wouldn't kick out of my bed in a heartbeat... I guess i find a bigger percentage of women from my own ethnicity more attractive than i do from women of other ethnicities.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
I have problems defining my own ethnicity to be honest. But I don't really like the ethnicity that look similar to me up until now. But's we'll see. In short, I'm not sure.

Reverend Del

Feb 17, 2010
Metalhandkerchief said:
The perfect girl would be a red haired, freckled girl who plays the bass guitar. Or the harp.

Yeah.
You have just pretty much summed up the perfect woman for me too. Of course she'd have to be intelligent and at least understand my sense of humour.

As for the topic: I don't really have a massive preference for either, if a girl interests me it's not her skin colour I'm looking at.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Fraser Greenfield said:
Well considering that Caucasian actually includes, Indians Pakistanis, Arabs, and the people of the Caucasus (duh)... I'll stick with "I prefer girls of European decent". There accurate,truthful and politically correct... I think. Yeah...
Well darn, there goes most of the races I find as or more attractive than my own XD

OT: It's not the race so much as the individual woman, but darn it some races aren't overflowing with gorgeous women. I swear, I think the Hijab is less a domination thing and more something to keep men from drooling over certain women and making them uncomfortable...

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
I'm white, male (Swedish if it matters).

Generally i'd say it doesn't matter, but i hate the "pasty" look so it's either tanned whites or other ethnicities. Sometimes i'll go through phases where i have the hots for a particular kind of girl but those tend to pass after a week or so.

William Ossiss

Apr 8, 2010
when i look at a someone i find attractive, the first thing that crosses my mind isnt the color of their skin, or the way they speak. it is the person that they are inside. I like to find our what makes them tick.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Different ethnicity.

They are inherently more interesting because it gives the impression that they may have entirely different beliefs and upbringing than I did. It also comes across as unique rather than what I see in the media and surrounding me all day long.