Poll: Are You Proud Of Who You Are?

MazarTheMad

Jul 7, 2010
Well, i have no idea. How do you answer something like that when your not sure who you are?
Then again i've never been 100% sure...

So why is a seemingly simple question so hard to answer by myself?

gamer_parent

Jul 7, 2010
why the hell not?

I'm a gamer, a dad, a husband, someone who has a decent career going, and I still managed to find time to pick up a couple other skills on the side. (i.e. salsa dancing, oil painting, etc)

I definitely could be more disciplined though.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Yup

In high school, I was mostly an asshole who was pretty much never in a good mood. Now, I'm only an asshole sometimes, but I joke around a lot more and am generally in a much better mood. It's nice, and I'm glad it worked out this way.

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
I'm pretty proud of me. Considering how fucked up I am in the head, my ability to appear well adjusted to others is something I'm proud of.

googleit6

May 12, 2010
It depends on the day.
On the whole, though, I like some things about myself. Others, not so much, but those I am working on changing. (Most of those things, anyways.) It's very hard to change things that I have been doing consistently for so long, but I just try to grit my teeth and get it done.
It's been working pretty well so far. And the fact that I've stuck with it makes me proud of myself.

furnatic

Mar 28, 2009
Let's compare and contrast
----------------------------
Although I am a misanthrope, I have some cool friends.

Considering I don't have a degree yet, I have a pretty descent salary job in this economy.

I'm a Florida State Certified Fire Fighter. (No, I don't work at a station. I just earned the cert for when I leave the military)

Though my car is a Kia, at least I have a car in this economy.

I'm married to an awesome girl.

I can almost always counter an argument with something insightful and snappy which usually quiets down the person attempting to argue. Specifically with trolls who try to piss off furries.

And last but not least, I see life optimistically despite how truly screwed up the world is.

So in conclusion, I'd said yes, I am pretty proud of who I am.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I quite do like myself. I've gotten myself to a stage in my life where I feel like I have a decent amount of control over my life, and that's always a nice feeling. I've pretty much come full circle on the happiness scale, and have become a much better person for others.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
I'm not always proud of the things I do (Or the things I don't do because I'm afraid to) but I am very proud of who I am as a person. You can't really live your life the way you want to if you have issues with ...well yourself.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
I am mostly proud of who I am. Sure there are still some parts of me that I don't like but I can look past those and see who I really am. I don't think everyone else is proud of who I am but I don't need other peoples approval to be happy with myself.

Meemaimoh

Aug 20, 2009
I guess... I like who I am, but I dislike the fact that I'm not all I could possibly be. So I guess I'm happy with the path I'm on, but I'm not satisfied yet.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Let's see... I'm a snarky, cynical autistic girl who does deeply care about the world but is somewhat apathetic about the people who live in it, and would much rather watch cartoons than deal with real life...

Yep.

Epitome

Jul 17, 2009
"I am what I am!" Popeye and Descartes were onto it.

I stand by my beliefs, my ethics and my morals in all situations. I arrived at all these by a process of thought, my beliefs are my own nobody elses. I will never falter under peer pressure, if im the last man on earth on my side im just gonna fight back harder but I will not break. I take pride in the fact that right or wrong, for better or worse, I am me. Not what anybody else wants me to be, if you have a problem with it you can get fucked. :)

Frankydee

Mar 25, 2009
I guess I'm satisfied with how I turned out.

Now if only other people would have the same opinion :|

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
I am not proud of who I am.
I hate that I'm overly shy and socially awkward. I despise that I am freakishly nice and almost incapable of anger. Lastly I don't like that I seem to greatly prefer Asian culture, language and girls over my own. None of these are choices I made and I am doing my best to change them.

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
yes yes i am
or more presicely i have good self-efficacy and can forsee nothing but the coninuance towards the goal of self-actuallization.