Poll: Are You Proud Of Who You Are?

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
No i'm not really proud of myself. I am grateful for all that has been provided for me( especially my loving girlfriend i have had for almost 3 years now), but i have good amount of in inadequacies that i'm ashamed of. they are so many goals i should have accomplised by now and i haven't truely taken the first step forward. the root of these problems is procrastination. if i can break that and gain some endurance then my problems will slowly drift away as i accomplish goal after goal...

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
captainfluoxetine said:
Schwerganoik said:
I'm proud of what I do, not of who I am.
Surely your actions define who you are above anything else?

Oh and I'm fucking awesome. Really.
Your actions are how people define you, as that is all they can see, but who you are is a psychological (and depending on how you look at it: physical) thing. For example, there are straight people who have never had a girlfriend or may have expermimented wth another guy (or a female in a similar situation). Is that person gay? no. Are they gay according to their actions? Yes. They have had sex with a man but not a woman.

I know my example is horrible as the actions following (saying you are straight, not continuing anything with the other guy, etc) would indicate that you are straight, but my point is that your actions are a result of who you are, and people see your actions and effectively try to backwards engineer 'you' so that they can have an opinion about you.

OT: I love me. I'm proud of me. I have strong opinions without being an extremist or fundamentalist, I am open and honest, I try and be friendly to people and I have the intelligence and knowledge to back up my opinions.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
I must say no for who I am is still changing and thus I am not yet the final version of me. I belive you only get to know yourself through hardship and conflict. People don't like me as I am dark, have a sharp tongue, and speak my mind. I will not change these parts of me, yet I am not happy with the knowledge I have, I want more before I feel close to happy with myself.

I also often change my outside to become who I need to be. So my inside stays the at a constant growth while my outside can change when I want it to.

I despise me as I am unable to achieve what I want yet, I lack the power.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
I can safely say that I am awesome
I do have quite a big ego but I like to think that I'm a likeable person. I was bullied at school, was fat and lonely and had few friends. Nowadays I've got loads of mates I can count on, got a fantastic girlfriend and my music taste is just brilliant. I'm always always happy so yeah I'm great with me

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
I'm generally proud of myself. There are some of my things that I'm not too proud of, but then of course you're lucky I there aren't parts about you that you don't like. Overall though I'm pretty happy with myself. My life may not rock but at least I don't suck.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
I have nothing to be proud of myself about. So, no, I'm not proud of who I am.