Poll: Are You Proud Of Who You Are?

Offworlder_v1legacy

Ya Old Mate
May 3, 2009
Recently I have gone through the stage of discovering who I really am. I'm sure many people have gone through the exact same thing in their lives as well. All in all I'm happy about who I am. I see myself as happy, likeable, fun, you know, those things.

So I put this question to you:
Are you proud of who you are?

If yes, what qualities do you like about yourself?, did you go through what I did, a stage of rebuilding?
If no, why aren't you happy?, can you make yourself into what you want to be?

Any other discussion is welcome.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
I like... most of me. There's a lot about me I still hate, but I'm able to get by that now; it only really limits me in a very minimal way, though that very minimal way is also incredibly important to me so...

Yeah, I get by, but I don't utterly hate myself.

Jul 22, 2009
I have to say... fairly proud.

I'm proud of being an avid gamer, and doing whatever I want without needing other people to do the same thing.

For example... many of my friends will never go to the cinema alone... if I want to see a film and everyone is busy I don't care and I'll go anyway.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I'm a narcissistic, sadistic, emotionally masochistic, lonely, misanthropic nerd. Why wouldn't I be proud of who I am?

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
I voted yes. I've recently become more confident and sure of myself, but this doesn't make me happy... because the reason I'm more confident now is because I was dropped by my last GF.
Yeah, sucks. But now if I find someone I like I'm just going to tell them straight. Screw subtleties, I'm amazing :D
Pity I still like my ex... and I can't do anything there until my mind decides otherwise.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Hmmm... when considering where I started, not proud... where I am now...
I don't know if I could ever be proud of myself, as an altruist, as my duty is never-ending.
Others are proud of me, and I am just happy to be of service to them.
I don't think I am proud of what I am, but at least I have gained some measure of happiness. Maybe I can be proud of that. And the fact that I decided to to take up the duty of the altruist.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Yes. I like how i am perceived, i like how i see others, i like my nihilism, i am happy with how i lead my life. In the long term i don't regret any of the decisions i made in my life, even if back then they would have seem stupid.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Absolutely. It took a damn long and sometimes pretty tough time to end up with a very good life, and a Me i can live with happily. Lost all of my shyness, stopped to care about what most people think, became incredibly confident and did what I wanted to do and ok it worked only financial, social, in school/university and in love. Tadaaa yay thats me being proud here

WilliamWhite1

Sep 27, 2008
I like who I am. I'm proud of who I am.

When you can say -- in earnest -- that you've given a helping hand to those who have needed it whenever they've asked for it, whether that means driving to their house at twelve at night, staying up with them past six in the morning, being a shoulder to cry on, an advice-giver, or just someone who will really listen to whatever someone has to say, you're proud of yourself. You've done more than what a friend is meant to do.

Not to mention, sometimes a complete badass at ping-pong. Just saying, I might not be a professional player, but I'd like to think I've got a wicked forehand.

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
To a certain extent, yes I am.

I might not be the smartest nor the most talented individual, but when comparing myself to rest of my peers at school, it becomes very clear that I more a future to look forward to than most of them, which I believe is something to be proud of. Granted, I might hate myself sometimes for being terribly anti-social and strange, but at the same time I think those might be strengths in some sense.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I like myself and my attributes, physical condition and mental health, I might be a bit paranoid over what people think about me but that's just normal right? then of course as a 19-year-old male I have these small red dots in my face which is a bit disturbing having them for years now, but I hope they disappear some day...

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
I can't help but like my self. It's in my personality. I'm proud of every quirk, talent, and other awkward thing about me. Every one of them makes me different. I enjoy being different. That difference gives a real sense of genuine happiness to know that I am different from the guy next to me. It probably stems from my dislike of relating to people. Honestly I have hard time appreciating anyone but myself. Granted I have a handful of friends shine above my normal perception of humans. But to get back the subject, yes I am proud of everything about me.

Lust

Mar 23, 2010
Yes!

I just came out to my mother.

Waited way too long to do that. Almost a decade. It was painful to say the least. Only because I was afraid of being rejected. That made it a little more difficult. Other than that, everything's been pretty good.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
LustFull0ne said:
Yes!

Waited way too long to do that. Almost a decade. It was painful to say the least. Only because of the rejection part. That made it a little more difficult. Other than that, everything's been pretty good.
Good on you m8, don't feel bad as well its your mothers problem not yours, she might come around to the idea as well.

As for myself, My struggles have been quite hard and personal which I'm very proud of. I come from a Working class background, my High school had a 25% pass rate and I was the first member of my family to go to University. All this after I was diagnosed with Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and myers irlen syndrome aged 10, and told I would never amount to anything, were the education system told my parents to dump me in a special school. My parents kept me in mainstream education with no support and I passed. Went back years later to see the teachers that were still there, they were shocked to say the least. Seeing there faces after they said I would never do well in life Made me feel good. Other problems as well but not going to go into those. I now work as a TA with kids which is very rewarding.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
I'm fairly proud of who I am, but I'm still not completely happy with myself. Either way, I have to live with myself for a very long time, so I may as well try not to put myself down too much. I know who I want to be, and I'm not that person yet, but I'm still growing so I hope I'll get there someday. It never quite turns out the way you expect, but as long as I like myself I think I'll survive.

Lust

Mar 23, 2010
Jamieson 90 said:
LustFull0ne said:
Yes!

Waited way too long to do that. Almost a decade. It was painful to say the least. Only because of the rejection part. That made it a little more difficult. Other than that, everything's been pretty good.
Good on you m8, don't feel bad as well its your mothers problem not yours, she might come around to the idea as well.

As for myself, My struggles have been quite hard and personal which I'm very proud of. I come from a Working class background, my High school had a 25% pass rate and I was the first member of my family to go to University. All this after I was diagnosed with Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and myers irlen syndrome aged 10, and told I would never amount to anything, were the education system told my parents to dump me in a special school. My parents kept me in mainstream education with no support and I passed. Went back years later to see the teachers that were still there, they were shocked to say the least. Seeing there faces after they said I would never do well in life Made me feel good. Other problems as well but not going to go into those. I now work as a TA with kids which is very rewarding.
Whoops...............worded it wrong. I meant to say I was afraid of being rejected. Not that I was rejected. She actually got mad at me because I didn't tell her sooner.

Edit: Thank you....................uh........same to you.........don't ever let anything let you down. Keep your chin up.