Poll: Are you vaccinated agains the H1N1 aka. Swineflu?

Mar 25, 2009
My country (Norway) is well underway of getting its population vaccinated agains the ongoing pandemic and that made me wonder: How many are vaccinated elsewere? Are you (or is going to get) vaccinated?

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
I was offered one, but I declined it.
From what I've heard I'm safer taking my chances >_>

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
No, because I'm in the least at risk category (young, healthy, well fed). For the time being priority is going to health workers, the sick, elderly, pregnant and very young. If and when it becomes more generally available I'd probably get it, don't want to go spreading it to other people.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
I'm not taking it and am trying to get swine flu simply to show my family that it is not a horrible disease that will kill off all the children in the world, its just a fucking FLU!

Kif

Jun 2, 2009
No and my housemate had it (yes, the doctors diagnosed it... it wasn't just manflu) so I managed to live with someone who had it for a period of a few weeks and not get it myself without the vaccine.

As stated above, it's just a flu.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
Nope, and I probably never will get it. You know that the vaccine contains the nanomachines which the Illuminati are going to use to track our every movements, therefore allowing the establishment of a one world government and the supremacy of the Jewish bankers.

....You know, I bet some people actually believe what I just said. Sad, really. Lets hope they all get H1N1 and die slow yet wonderfully ironic deaths.

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
The only reason i'm getting it is because i'm a med student. I really wish that people would drop the hysteria though, it's only a risk if you are normally at risk of serious consequences from the flu i.e. elderly, infant or infirm

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
No. Its just another bullshit flu that the media just hypes up so they can scare you into buying the damn vaccine.

Hybrid Sight

Sep 13, 2009
I personally think the whole thing is BS, but since my brother is a immune deficient child I really didn't have a say in the matter of getting the vaccine.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
I, personally am not going to become vaccinated however I'm going to continue trying to get my girlfriend vaccinated as she has majourly negative side effects when she takes any kind of symptom-reducing medication for flu's and is hit quite hard when she gets sick so vaccination is a good idea for her specifically.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
No. And I don't plan to.

To be honest, I'm not taking this swine flu thing seriously at all. To me, it is a media scare and nothing more.

cridia

Aug 2, 2009
No, I dont need a vaccine against virusses. Virusses need a vaccine against me!

But in all seriousness, as people have stated before, it is just a seasonal flu. We have one every year, every year people die from it, every year much much much more people recover from it. This whole panic about this pandemic flu is annoying.

Nova5

Interceptor
Sep 5, 2009
Monkfish Acc. said:
No. And I don't plan to.

To be honest, I'm not taking this swine flu thing seriously at all. To me, it is a media scare and nothing more.
Pretty much the same here.

Yeah, yeah, it's killed about... 7,000 people worldwide according to the BBC. Big fucking deal. I'm fairly certain more people get infected with HIV here in the States every six months. But, hey, here's hoping for a global dieback - world needs one. (And yes, if I ironically fall victim to it as part of this dieback, still technically better for the planet, even if that does suck for me.)

Trotgar

Sep 13, 2009
I'm going to get it, because I get it for free and I don't want to get and spread the disease. Though it's not very bad, I still don't want a bad flu which I easily pass on.

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
I never got the virus so I never sought out the vaccination.

OmegaXIII said:
The only reason i'm getting it is because i'm a med student. I really wish that people would drop the hysteria though, it's only a risk if you are normally at risk of serious consequences from the flu i.e. elderly, infant or infirm
Conversely the majority of the infected in Mexico were the young adults, elderly and infants, because of the inhibition of the negative feedback mechanism in the immune system resulting in the flooding of the Cytokines creating a cytokine storm.

Arconius

Nov 23, 2009
I stood out in the rain for 2 hours just so i could get it, in -2 celsius! Got sick for 2 days becouse of that! :(
I dont think it was worth it, im one of the people that thinks its all a massive hype. I havent heard anyone i know have gotten sick actually.

Jaqen Hghar

Feb 11, 2009
No, not going to get it. I don't see why I should take it, as it is just another flu. Never taken the flu-shot before, so why start now?
I'm Norwegian as well by the way.

EDIT:

Arconius said:
I stood out in the rain for 2 hours just so i could get it, in -2 celsius! Got sick for 2 days becouse of that! :(
I dont think it was worth it, im one of the people that thinks its all a massive hype. I havent heard anyone i know have gotten sick actually.
You do know that cold weather itself cannot give you any illnesses, right? If you want to be sick, hang around sick people. Being cold only lowers your immune system somewhat, since the body needs to use more energy on heating you up. Or something like that.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
No and I absolutely refuse to.
I'm more afraid of the fucking pink elephants murdering me in my sleep.
H1N1 is a bunch of media bullshit. Regular flu kills more people.
The only dangerous thing about it is the fact that it spreads really fast.