Poll: Are you vaccinated agains the H1N1 aka. Swineflu?

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
I got swine flu a month or two ago, and has far has i'm concerned my immune system works just has well has any vaccine.

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
Scrythe said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Scrythe said:
. And flu shots themselves have a high chance of either killing or crippling you.
Prove it.
Don't just spout "facts" give us some evidence.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=flu+shot+dangers
Don't be petty. You made a claim, YOU give the evidence to support it. I've looked, can't find anything saying there's a high chance of death from the vaccine. In fact the CDC have given a 1 million to 1 chance of a severe reaction the vaccine (Don't have a direct source. Second hand data here: http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/2009/is-the-h1n1-swine-flu-vaccine-safe/)

Pyotr Romanov

Jul 8, 2009
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
I'm not taking it and am trying to get swine flu simply to show my family that it is not a horrible disease that will kill off all the children in the world, its just a fucking FLU!
This, only I probably already had it, not sure if it wasn't just a normal flu though...

mrtenk

Aug 4, 2009
My mom works as a nurse at MIT, and the majority of the people comming into MIT Medical for a while caught H1N1. If I was going to catch it, I would have done so by now.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I haven't been vaccinated. Besides, the swine flu kills less people than the normal stomach flu. I think the reason people are freaking out is that it mostly targets healthy adults instead of the young, old, and sick.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
rokkolpo said:
Julianking93 said:
No. Its just another bullshit flu that the media just hypes up so they can scare you into buying the damn vaccine.
buying?
it's free in holland
Good for you but unfortunately in the land with the 32nd best health care in the world, we have to buy all our medication. Luckily, I haven't been sick in over 4 years

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Scrythe said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Scrythe said:
. And flu shots themselves have a high chance of either killing or crippling you.
Prove it.
Don't be petty. You made a claim, YOU give the evidence to support it. I've looked, can't find anything saying there's a high chance of death from the vaccine. In fact the CDC have given a 1 million to 1 chance of a severe reaction the vaccine (Don't have a direct source. Second hand data here: http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/2009/is-the-h1n1-swine-flu-vaccine-safe/)
You have an internet connection as well. If I'm too lazy to look, and your obviously too lazy to use a search engine (you know, 'cause they're "petty") then I guess we are at an impasse and there's nothing more to discuss. Go bother someone else.

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
I am practically being forced to by my public school system, but it's a clusterfuck here.

First the doctors office had it, then they ran out, then the schools had it and now they're out, and then the hospital got it and I got it while I was on visit to a doctor there. So confusing.

anking93" post="18.158658.3964170"]
rokkolpo said:
Julianking93 said:
No. Its just another bullshit flu that the media just hypes up so they can scare you into buying the damn vaccine.
buying?
it's free in holland
Good for you but unfortunately in the land with the 32nd best health care in the world, we have to buy all our medication. Luckily, I haven't been sick in over 4 years[/quote]

Then why do cancer patients live longer here? It's not the 32nd best health care in the world.. IT'S the best if you live longer then anywhere else, you just think you shouldn't have to pay to keep your ass alive. It's private insurance for a reason.

The only reason medical care is expensive here is because of the stress on doctors and the monopoly medical companies have.

And here the vaccine didn't cost at all. I could get it school or pay a co-pay of 15$ for a doctor visit and grab a check-up or have them look at something while i'm there.

gjkdioepppp

Dec 7, 2008
Nope, Never Have and Never Will, Partly cos' i don't like needles and partly for principle...
The principle being that i think i'm immune, because i've spent time with friends and family when they've had it, and i did'nt get sick, So hence why i think i'm immune...
"Life is to short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself"
(Gene Simmons)

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Yes, don't get it. It gave me a weak version of the flu, and Swine Flu is totally blown out of proportion.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Yes, I kinda got swepped away with the mindless drones. With it, I got H1N1 for 24 h and felt prefectly fine the day after.

aakibar

Apr 14, 2009
in the words of my health teacher, it takes more then 3 months to ap-rove a vaccine so no and i don't plan on it

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
Scrythe said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Scrythe said:
StevieWonderMk2 said:
Scrythe said:
Prove it.
You have an internet connection as well. If I'm too lazy to look, and your obviously too lazy to use a search engine (you know, 'cause they're "petty") then I guess we are at an impasse and there's nothing more to discuss. Go bother someone else.
I've looked. I've found nothing that convince me there are high risks. In fact, I've just given you evidence that there's low risk. And my "petty" reference was to the LMGTFY. Why the hell should I have to look to find evidence for YOUR claim.

Either stop making statements without anything to back them up, or go bother someone else.