Poll: Are you vaccinated agains the H1N1 aka. Swineflu?

SmokeyOakey

Nov 24, 2009
well since I've got asthma it probably would be a good idea to get one, but I'm not. All it is is a different type of regular flu.

Ph33nix

Jul 13, 2009
I already had swine flu so it doesn't much matter. I got sick for oh 2 and half days and then was fine.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Nope not really, I've probably already gotten swine flu itself. I don't really care, 99.9% of the time, swine flu is just like a good ol' regular flu.

Adanos

Oct 24, 2009

And btw a lot more ppl die from regular flu than swine flu. They just want to sell their product.
What I don't get is why the companies that are making the vaccine got legal immunity [http://www.emaxhealth.com/1020/39/32326/swine-flu-vaccine-makers-granted-legal-immunity.html]?

Jun 11, 2008
Well actually swine flu is trying to get vaccinated against me so ye I probably won't get it cause my country is cheap and our health minister spent the budget on big macs.

L33tsauce_Marty

Jun 26, 2008
sky14kemea said:
I was offered one, but I declined it.
From what I've heard I'm safer taking my chances >_>
Same here, my immune system is really strong anyway. I think I already had it and fought it off so I don't care.

londelen

Apr 15, 2009
I have a surprisingly superior immune system. If I do catch it, nothing significant will happen to me. I gave my shot to someone who might actually need it.

Well that and the whole "Governments engineered swine flu, or at least the vaccine to not be just what it seems." That I subscribe to. I'd rather not take the risk.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
No I fail to see the purpose Im not at the main target demographic for the disease (very young or very old) Im fitter and healthier than most meatbags... uhh I mean other fine humans, and I have already had the flu, nothing happened I was groggy for a few days whoopdie do.

But I dont buy into all the anti-vaccination scare bullshit on that point either ohh mercury scary shame a plate of fish has about the same amount.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
No and I couldn't care less... wait, wait a second... Amazing. Turns out I could care less.

Short post shorter: No

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I got vaccinated against it when a free shot was offered. My general opinion is that I'll take a free shot when one is offered. Sadly I couldn't get vaccinated against the seasonal (regular) flu, as well, but I'll take what I can get.

I honestly don't see why there is so much of a dislike for people offering free vaccination shots. I've heard people talking about stuff like it weakening the immune system or whatever, but in the end it sounds like most people have seen too many bad science fiction movies about immunizations being used to turn people into zombies or whatever.

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
No, but for the same reason I don't get vaccinated for seasonal flu: I think the people most at risk should get them first (i.e. the elderly and children, those with chronic health problems). The rest of us should be fine as long as: a) we don't get sick, or b) if we do get sick, to take the appropriate measures of resting and drinking plenty of liquids (and keeping a bucket beside us, in case of spewing). I haven't gotten vaccinated since I was 17, and I've only caught the flu twice since then. Yes, it's a shitty feeling, but people with perfectly fine immune systems don't need to waste resources that could save the lives of people who actually need them, just so they can continue going to their crappy jobs one or two more days out of the year.

Vorpals

Oct 13, 2008
I got it, but it was to appease my parents so I can go volunteer at the hospital, even though I know it's just a flu.

Sanaj

Mar 20, 2009
Therumancer said:
I got vaccinated against it when a free shot was offered. My general opinion is that I'll take a free shot when one is offered. Sadly I couldn't get vaccinated against the seasonal (regular) flu, as well, but I'll take what I can get.

I honestly don't see why there is so much of a dislike for people offering free vaccination shots. I've heard people talking about stuff like it weakening the immune system or whatever, but in the end it sounds like most people have seen too many bad science fiction movies about immunizations being used to turn people into zombies or whatever.
I got vaccinated for H1N1, though this is one of only flu vaccines I've ever had...

I agree Therumancer, the outright paranoia against immunization in some of the earlier posts is quite overblown.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
I've never gotten a flu shot- not even for the normal flu- and I don't plan on getting one anytime soon.