Poll: Are you watching the 2010 World cup?

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
I have nothing against soccer, I just hate sports in general. playing them is fine, but I'm not going to waste my time watching a bunch of people play a damn game. Besides, sports are used by the upper 1% to distract us from how badly we are all being fucked.

vanalla

May 7, 2010
Yeah I'm watching, but to support the greatest footballers to ever grace the earth!
ga oranje! Nederland voor de overwinning!
(go orange! Netherlands for the win!)

Goremocker

Lost in Time
May 20, 2009
I live in America. I'm not even sure if 50% of the people here know that it's happening.

Hessmn212

Apr 16, 2010
I don't really care for the World cup anymore. Four years ago I was really into it, but I wasn't rooting for my country, simply because they haven't made into the world cup since 1986.

The Singularity

Jun 3, 2008
We all know that the USA is going to win...
HA alright in this reality I think that Brazil will go far at the least and maybe take the cup itself. They just have the drive for it that many countries (USA) lack.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
Baron Von Evil Satan said:
no, as i am American, and therefore do not care about soccer.
Heh, it's a law of nature, isn't it?

I do watch some the games, can be pretty fun, but when a game is boring I won't sit through the entire 90 minutes.

icaritos

Apr 15, 2009
Zeithri said:
Aby_Z said:
No, I'm not the biggest sports fan... in that I more or less hate sports.
/\ - This.

You know what would be awesome though?
If they took all the income they got from this event, or atleast 70-80% of it, and donated it to Charity.
HOLY SHIT. That is a brilliant idea! You know what would be good too if they did the same for american football, and video games, and movies, and non educational literature, and ice cream, and festivals, and expensive cars that go beyond their basic functionality, and...

wait im starting to see a pattern.

flamingjimmy

Jan 11, 2010
I intend to watch every second of the world cup I can, it's the greatest sporting event in the world, and the greatest sport in the world, I really can't get enough. I will be supporting my country, but I'm in it more for the beauty of the game than the jingoism of supporting my country.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I'm from the United States which results in a naturally low level of interest in "football" most likely the result of sinister water "enhancement" projects like florination. I also have a low tolerance for watching sports in general, to the point that I will not even sit through more socially acceptable events like American Football.