Poll: Are you watching the 2010 World cup?

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
I would really like to, but I probably won't. I'm never around during the evening, and usually sleeping during the day, so I'd have to download it, and that queue is big enough as it is.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
The last time the Canadian team made it in was 24 years ago. I really don't care.

Shepard's Shadow

Don't be afraid of the dark.
Mar 27, 2009
No, I'm not. I'd watch every match but the horns are so annoying, words can't even describe it.
DividedUnity said:
Nope. I tried to watch it earlier but those friggin horns in every program are annoying.
They should ban the horns. Then it would be a lot better.

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
brandon237 said:
MelasZepheos said:
I hate football, and I hate the rabid fans of football even more. I hate grand unifying events across the nation, and I hate the focus of a nation suddenly turning to something as inane as sports.

Yeah, guess my option.
Well I'm damn happy considering the current economic state of my nation, but yes, it is sometimes a little inane.
rekabdarb said:
World cup? i'm ameriucan i don't know what the fuck this 'football' where you use your feet is. fucking madness... AND WOAH WOAH WOAH the creator of the thread said soccer... and he's not in ameruica
No, I'm not, why is that so odd? I'm confused, doesn't the rest of the world normally call it soccer?
i thought the rest of the world called it football... since it's actually playing with your feet. Maybe we affected the world's speech hoorah? i hope not

Zepren

The Funnyman
Sep 2, 2009
In traditional Scottish fashion, i'm gonna watch all the England games, cheering on whoever's kicking their ass.

Also watching all the France games, cheering on whoever they are playing the cheating bastards, stop my country from gettin in the world cup!

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
Im watching, but I can't support my team because Sweden didn't qualify

Marmal4de

Apr 4, 2010
I really don't care about sports in general but living in a country that's crazy about soccer makes it a bit hard to avoid.

blackhole1

Jun 7, 2010
I've never been much of a soccer fan. Seriously, watching 22 stupendously overpaid men run after a ball while a bunch of annoying shouty 'experts' talk about wind speeds and other 'related' facts is not my form of entertainment. If we all took the money we waste on these World Cups and do something good with it, we'd pretty much solve the poverty issue.

Besides, the Eve Online Alliance Tournament is on at 5 and I'm to busy watching that.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
AWEXOME said:
brandon237 said:
AWEXOME said:
brandon237 said:
AWEXOME said:
brandon237 said:
I'm only really watching the games that have my team, and maybe the finals. [small] we drew to Mexico, yeah![/small]
Oh, so it was you! Well played! I really know nothing about soccer, but that goal by Tshabalala was indeed a good one. While our goal by Marquez was kinda mediocre .
Hey, we just had an exceptional game, you guys would have probably won, but it is home turf and we had the whole nation on our side (no really, the noise alone was massive). I will be interesting to see how it turns out for both countries...
Well, this isn't really our year, actually never has been. We've never won a World Cup.
Hey, fear not, at least it is possible for #17 to win.

My country CAN'T ever win, not at #80 something anyway.
Let's just leave it at Argentina will win, the bastards.
Who let them in anyway? Those smug little...

I think I'm in need of counselling.

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
I've watched every match so far. Very disappointed with most of the matches to be honest. I expected France to beat Uruguay but they failed to even score. England vs USA was dreadful, what an error by Green...

And 99% of nations in the World Cup call it football, not soccer.

I'm English, I'm patriotic. Forgive me ;)

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
No, I'm not watching the football World Cup. I'm really not a massive football fan.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
So far I watched most of the games, I'll probably get bored soon enough but at very least I'll continue to watch my team. Go Serbia!

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
As a Scotsman, I'm personally all for these guys:

If you think I'm being racist, irritating and whiny, just to put it into perspective, the English are still going on about winning the world cup 44 years ago. If they win it again, we'll never hear the end of it.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Forgive me everyone for calling it soccer... jeesh.

The name of the event is the 2010 soccer world cup over here in SA, where it is being held.

Also, we do actually call it soccer here... So please, if you read this post and wish to complain about my use of words - don't.

I don't complain when I read what is clearly an American word or one local to your country... a bit of mutual respect would be, kinda nice.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
No. I would watch if there was any chance that Sweden might win. But since we didn't even qualify...
No. There are a lot better ways you can spend your summer days (winter in the southerns hemisphere) than sitting yelling in front of the TV.