Poll: Are you watching the 2010 World cup?

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
AWEXOME said:
brandon237 said:
AWEXOME said:
brandon237 said:
I'm only really watching the games that have my team, and maybe the finals. [small] we drew to Mexico, yeah![/small]
Oh, so it was you! Well played! I really know nothing about soccer, but that goal by Tshabalala was indeed a good one. While our goal by Marquez was kinda mediocre .
Hey, we just had an exceptional game, you guys would have probably won, but it is home turf and we had the whole nation on our side (no really, the noise alone was massive). I will be interesting to see how it turns out for both countries...
Well, this isn't really our year, actually never has been. We've never won a World Cup.
Hey, fear not, at least it is possible for #17 to win.

My country CAN'T ever win, not at #80 something anyway.

R4ptur3

Feb 21, 2010
Yes. Watched all games so far. Don't think it will last though, theres just to many to wacth.

COME ON ENGLAND!

TheLastCylon

Apr 14, 2009
Hey England,

I'm also supporting Argentina as an actual contender for the Cup.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
D Bones said:
if you're not watching, you're a big idiot. this event only occurs every 4 years. pull for your country dammit!
Agreed, that is actually the only reason I made this thread and poll, and am watching it, and am so shocked and horrified at some of the replies on this thread...

Butterjaw

Jun 8, 2010
Supporting New Zealand for as long as they remain in the Cup. As an actual contender for winning this year, I'm going with Spain.

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
MelasZepheos said:
I hate football, and I hate the rabid fans of football even more. I hate grand unifying events across the nation, and I hate the focus of a nation suddenly turning to something as inane as sports.

Yeah, guess my option.
This sums up my opinion perfectly. There's little I hate more. Not to mention the inevitable spam on Facebook. In fact, I'd like English to go out as quickly as possible so I don't have to see all the stupid flags attached to cars. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't deemed such a crime not to follow the sport in this country. Argh!

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
VulakAerr said:
MelasZepheos said:
I hate football, and I hate the rabid fans of football even more. I hate grand unifying events across the nation, and I hate the focus of a nation suddenly turning to something as inane as sports.

Yeah, guess my option.
This sums up my opinion perfectly. There's little I hate more. Not to mention the inevitable spam on Facebook. In fact, I'd like English to go out as quickly as possible so I don't have to see all the stupid flags attached to cars. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't deemed such a crime not to follow the sport in this country. Argh!
You would go mad after a day here, EVERYONE and their dog and their top 7 restaurants has hundreds of flags and there are vuvuzelas blowing everytime we are playing. It is so... loud.

GuerrillaClock

Jul 11, 2008
I most certainly am, and enjoying it too. It's once every four years, and I'm taking in as many games as possible while suffering badly supporting England. It's been very entertaining stuff so far, although France v Uruguay was dreadful.

I'm sure I'm not the only one getting annoyed at the vuvuzela horns though, as it the constant drone bores into your head and follows you around for the rest of the day.

mercenator3000

Apr 7, 2009
I'm not even a big soccer fan, but I decided to watch the world cup cause I like to watch major sporting events. I'm actually finding it pretty entertaining.

Enkidu88

Jan 24, 2010
Yes I am, and on behalf of all Americans everywhere, I'd like to thank English goalkeeper Greene for letting us tie the game. :p

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
Yes, I'm making a concentrated effort to start following the sport. I'm glad the U.S. earned a draw but we got it in the least impressive way imaginable. We didn't really prove anything with that game. We'' probably get out of group now but after that I'm nervous.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
C'mon England!

After tonight's match, Greene and Heskey better not start another one.