Poll: Asking for a kiss on your birthday.

Collins254

Jul 30, 2011
Dont ask her, just kiss her.

I have found about 60% of the time it works off alot better that way.

I remember me and my mates did a little experiment out drinking one night, we each had to kiss 5 girls, without speaking to them first to see the reaction, i got 4 numbers and a slap round the face :p fun night

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Your business. I definitely wouldn't ask, but then again I'm a spineless, hateful little (I'm pretty short) wimp with no friends whatsoever.
Although you probably shouldn't ask on your birthday. "Guilting" people into doing what you want by reminding them of some special circumstance surrounding you is a pretty fucking petty.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Meatramen said:
Dooooo it! I have almost the same experience. I liked this guy friend and one day I just maned up and kissed him. It worked out well. We dated for a while but in the end it we just did not work out so we went back to being friends, it was that guy who later introduced me to my current girlfriend. Besides complicated stuff doesn't always mean that it is bad, maybe she has some similiar thoughts?

From my personal experience, if you cannot go back to friends and get over stuff, you weren't much of friends in the first place, and I am friends with almost (there have been a few rotten eggs :p) ex-partners.

Better to actually tried than to look back and wondered what if.
hold on... firstly i should just point out that i'm trying to clear this up, not judge whatsoever. but you say you had a GUY friend, and you "manned up" and kissed him. He later introduced you to your current GIRLFRIEND. am i understanding this right?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
if there is something between you two, that would not be necessary, if there is not, this will not help. Thus - no.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Meatramen said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
Meatramen said:
Dooooo it! I have almost the same experience. I liked this guy friend and one day I just maned up and kissed him. It worked out well. We dated for a while but in the end it we just did not work out so we went back to being friends, it was that guy who later introduced me to my current girlfriend. Besides complicated stuff doesn't always mean that it is bad, maybe she has some similiar thoughts?

From my personal experience, if you cannot go back to friends and get over stuff, you weren't much of friends in the first place, and I am friends with almost (there have been a few rotten eggs :p) ex-partners.

Better to actually tried than to look back and wondered what if.
hold on... firstly i should just point out that i'm trying to clear this up, not judge whatsoever. but you say you had a GUY friend, and you "manned up" and kissed him. He later introduced you to your current GIRLFRIEND. am i understanding this right?
Haha yeah, I am bisexual. :) I get the best of both worlds haha. :D
okay cool. again, no judgement should be inferred, i just sometimes feel like maybe i'm misinterpretting what i'm reading, and tend to just ask instead of wonder.

TheFloBros

Aug 18, 2010
Do it jokingly. just dont be too serious and freak her out. Better to have her as a friend then not have her at all!

jarkhideous

Mar 18, 2011
Maxtro said:
We've been friends for a while, I've liked her most of the time and she knows. About every other week we have fun on a non-date.

She hasn't been seeing anybody. So I won't be stepping on anybodies toes.

It's not really meant to be the start of anything, just an innocent kiss if she actually goes along with it.
just ask her out. it sounds like you have known each other as good friends for long enough. just take the risk. at worst you get shot down no biggie.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
Maxtro said:
Hahaha cheeky! But you have to ask for it seriously and as a birthday present.

#I'm ignoring the "it's complicated" stuff, because that could mean anything#

Might as well, if she refuses: you know there's no chance of anything, and just let it go with no doubt in your heart!

Mind you - if it stays as just a kiss (ie: neither of you feel the moment and take it further) she's either really shy or nothing else is going to happen. That one you have to gauge for yourself.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Or you could try and find a girl thats interested in you and save this lass the awkwardness of telling you to piss off.

As a bloke who's been in the opposite situation to you I can tell you it's very uncomfortable.

I was friends with a lass who had a crush on me and kept trying to push it and I caved in on her 18th and we went out for a beer and ended up playing a bit of tonsil tennis.

Fortunately I got incredibly drunk or it would have led to a more ... intimate ... setting.

Anywhoo after that she thought we were on track to being a couple but I just wanted her as a friend and it got awkward and we haven't spoken now for 13 years.

Usually when someone wants to be friends it means they don't want anything more.

crop52

Mar 16, 2011
If you're gonna ask, do it smoooooothly.

"h-hey, um, could i maybe, well, you know, have a, uh, kiss?" Is exactly what you shouldn't say.

"Hey *name*, how 'bout some sugar?" Smoooooooooooth. Okay, don't use the word sugar.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
It's worth a shot, no harm done if you do or don't.

Grow some stones and go for it man! Good luck! :3

derelict

Oct 25, 2009
Maxtro said:
If you're thinking about asking for a kiss for your birthday, I strongly suspect you're in fact not old, or getting old.

Try asking her to dinner or something instead. Asking for an effect without a cause is always a bad idea.

Crash 9000

Oct 22, 2009
You say you're "pretty good friends". Does that mean you're "good friends" or you have a good relationship? If the latter, then go for it, supposedly letting a girl know what you want is "alpha".

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
Maxtro said:
My birthday is next week and I'm getting old :(

Anyways, I'm going to be spending time with a female friend that knows I like her. What's between us is complicated and I'm not going to get into it here.

I'll just say that were pretty good friends, and I spent the day with her last week on what some people would call a date, but wasn't really.

I'm thinking about jokingly asking her for a kiss. I'm pretty sure she'll say no, but it's still worth a shot and I can play it off as being innocent yet still flirty.

Good idea, terrible idea?

Anybody done something like it before?

Edit: Added more detail
I've actually been in a very similar situation and actually kissed the girl I liked for what feels like half of forever a few times.

As for asking for it...it really depends on the girl. My situation was a little different as it wasn't my birthday, it was a truth or dare game, and another time or two it was at a time where we both kind of got caught up in the moment. The thing there is that we both liked each other, but she didn't feel that she was ready to date (she has some trust issues).

If she takes the jokes about you guys dating in stride, or even makes some of the jokes herself, I'd say go for it. Chances are, she knows you like her, and she might just be waiting for you to make your move. It also depends on if she's single. I know it might be an obvious question, but it's one I didn't think to ask once, and it got me stabbed. Actually, I did ask, she said she was, but she lied. XD

The thing about it being on your birthday is that if you do ask and she says no, you can always ask her to forget you asked as another present. I know that this sounds a bit like a joke, but that way, it makes things a little less awkward.

As I said though, it really depends on the girl. I'd say go for it, unless things look like they'd take a turn for the worst about it, which is unlikely. Most people don't get terribly upset over a kiss, which brings me to my next point. If she does kiss you, don't read more into it than it might be. It may be nothing more than a friendly kiss with no deeper meaning. Hell, you might ask for a kiss, and she might kiss your cheek.

Sorry for the long response. XD

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Maxtro said:
My birthday is next week and I'm getting old :(

Anyways, I'm going to be spending time with a female friend that knows I like her. What's between us is complicated and I'm not going to get into it here.

I'll just say that were pretty good friends, and I spent the day with her last week on what some people would call a date, but wasn't really.

I'm thinking about jokingly asking her for a kiss. I'm pretty sure she'll say no, but it's still worth a shot and I can play it off as being innocent yet still flirty.

Good idea, terrible idea?

Anybody done something like it before?

Edit: Added more detail
Great taste in music!

Anyway, sounds like a terrible idea. Jokingly telling her you want something that you actually want? This will set her up to not take you seriously. Stop now.

Yes, captcha. Find the kernals. The mass kernels. Cookies available.