Poll: Assassin's Creed III : Will there be butthurt ?

ChaosStep

Dec 28, 2007
To be fair, the Assassin's Creed series is a bit like Norman Bates' mum.

It died a long time ago but Ubisoft like to talk to it at least once a year. It's starting to smell as well.

Lordpils

Aug 3, 2009
I can think of no less then five people involved in politics that will lose their collective shit if this game is depicted with any historical accuracy.

Toby Kitching

Oct 24, 2011
waj9876 said:
EmperorSubcutaneous said:
Some non-Americans of all nationalities are already offended that it's set in America.
I'm just surprised there aren't already a ton of people here at the escapist already ranting and frothing at the mouth about this. If you do what I did before joining, that is lurking a whole bunch to see what the community is like, you'll find a lot of people whose only outlook on the United States is "America is the scum of the earth, and we're going to ignore all our nation's problems in favor of saying we're perfect and hold a fictitious moral high ground over all you American pigs. We hate you for things you do that don't affect us." Been toned down lately, but it's still around.
Not that I agree with the 'screw america' mentality, but the reason it exists (certainly in the UK) is because of a percieved pro-america indoctrination in most of the mainstream media; essentially, movies, TV series, books etc. all come out of america and usually have a fairly transparent pro-america slant. it gets REALLY irritating after a while.