Poll: Atlas Shrugged: The Movie

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
wiredk post=18.68283.634960 said:
No more Remakes, no more cartoon/book/video game to Movie adaptations. Please.
I think we've had enough of remakes, but some book-to-movie adaptations are good. In some cases, they give books a new dimension.

Dec 1, 2007
Archon post=18.68283.630215 said:
As for W. Chambers and his nonesense review, living one's life in accordance with principles of individualism, rationality, integrity, magnanimity, and self-reliance are not the cornerstones of genocide.
They absolutely are when taken to the extremes Rand takes them to.

The protagonists in the novel, the ideal men and women, actively destroy the support systems of the nation with the intended goal of having New York's lights go out. The unspoken requisite of that goal however is millions of deaths from hunger, strife, and disease from the breakdown of social order implied.

BallPtPenTheif post=18.68283.628707 said:
i also couldn't see Hollywood endorsing the perspective of an iconic pro-capitalist figure like Ayn Rand.
So what, mom and pop stores are communist now? Or by endorse a capitalist perspective do you mean "support being selfish"?

Eyclonus

Apr 12, 2008
Imitation Saccharin post=18.68283.638773 said:
The protagonists in the novel, the ideal men and women, actively destroy the support systems of the nation with the intended goal of having New York's lights go out. The unspoken requisite of that goal however is millions of deaths from hunger, strife, and disease from the breakdown of social order implied.
I really think the studios are going to tone that part down... Sure they could blame aliens, Muslims, or the Weather, but I doubt they'll ever blame charasmatic, inventive, American geniuses, that are the protagonists.