Poll: Best Curry?

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
I've tried all sorts of curries and from what I can find, Thai curry is the best curry around.

I don't expect this thread to live very long.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
There's such a thing as American curry? Never heard of it and Google returns "Jerry Curry for President".

Only had Japanese, Thai and Indian. Out of the lot, I'd say Thai green curry is my favourite, because it's always yummy. Spicy curries are good when you feel like it, but there's never a bad time for thai green.

EDIT: Just remembered my nanny used to make Jamaican chicken curry when I was young. Also pretty good, but not favourite.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Indonesian... specifically 'wet' Rendang. It's like satay and thai curry had a beautiful love child.

Rendang is about the only thing that will make we turn down a nice lamb korma.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Korma is an Indian curry, right?

Actually, I am not even sure it is really a curry. Nice enough, though.

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
SwimmingRock said:
There's such a thing as American curry? Never heard of it and Google returns "Jerry Curry for President".

Only had Japanese, Thai and Indian. Out of the lot, I'd say Thai green curry is my favourite, because it's always yummy. Spicy curries are good when you feel like it, but there's never a bad time for thai green.

EDIT: Just remembered my nanny used to make Jamaican chicken curry when I was young. Also pretty good, but not favourite.
I think I was referring to the generic stuff, like Vermont Curry.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
RhombusHatesYou said:
Indonesian... specifically 'wet' Rendang. It's like satay and thai curry had a beautiful love child.

Rendang is about the only thing that will make we turn down a nice lamb korma.
Hmmm toasted coconut...
I quite like Nepalese, but I guess you could lump that in with "Indian".

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
Azure-Supernova said:
Whatever group the Madras belongs to!
I'm going to have to try this curry. <.<

But I was really fond of that curry you had at the Stag's Leap. :3 First curry I ever had. xD

Rimefrost

Mar 30, 2009
Oh god it's all delicious...

I had a really hard time voting between Indian and Japanese though, but since I had a meal of chicken katsu curry a few days ago I'll go with Japanese.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
octafish said:
I quite like Nepalese, but I guess you could lump that in with "Indian".
Yeah but 'Indian' is very vague identifier, on par with 'Chinese', covering a number of regional cuisines that can be quite different from one another.

One thing that I don't enjoy about having so many Indian neighbours is the amount of delicious smells wafting around... I mean, I'll sit down with a nice sandwich when suddenly I catch the aroma of someone cooking something awesome and now my sandwich has gone from being 'nice' to a taunt on a plate, mocking me with it's lack of complex flavours.