Poll: BFBC2, is it too late to join in?

Platypusbill101

Jan 2, 2011
I don´t have it (my PC is a budget laptop and my ps3 does´nt have internet)but i´ve played it at a friend´s house and there doesn´t seem to be problems with high-level players (alll starter weapons get the job done and there is often an opportunity to ambush other players, rendering the power of the enemy´s weapon obsolete)

Cj Vanek

Nov 12, 2010
Zekksta said:
No, on PC and Console you're fine. The only real perk of leveling is weapons anyway, and you can unlock pretty much all of them at about 20-30.

Plus it's a super easy to learn game and it's a hell of a lot of fun.

Buy it, enjoy it, and flip the helicopter on takeoff the first time you play like everyone else!

Peace.
I got the ps3 version.

I did just that with the helicopter, my second attempt went well, got 5/6 kills then swerved to avoid a tank's artillery shell, right into a tree.

Helicopters are a ***** to fly.

Anyone on ps3 add me CJ_is_EPIC

skywalkerlion

Jun 21, 2009
It's still the one of the if not THE best FPS out there, so yes, you must buy it. And pick up some microsoft points to buy the Vietnam expansion (1200 points, 15 bucks).

If you'd like some tips:

1. Go assault for the first time, your only role is to shoot things and give out ammo. Very easy. Also, if someone's pussying out in a building, just switch to your grenade launcher and take the entire wall out, it's awesome :D Switch to the XM8 when you unlock it, and if I remember correctly, you wait to unlock the Abakan, switch to it, and than unlock and switch to the M4. EDIT: My bad, go XM8, AUG, and THEN the Abakan. I forgot the Aug.

2. If you wanna learn how to pilot helicopters, try starting out with a black hawk (see tip 9) that's more slow and easier to control, and than an apache/hind/havoc. UAVs are easy mode.

3. Your vehicle perks are pretty important, and luckily you unlock them very quickly. I know that Warhead will increase both your grenade/rocket damage along with your vehicle explosive damage. There are other perks that do stuff like that, but I can't remember. I normally use Alt. Weapons perk, but if I plan to explode things (playing engineer) I go warhead.

4. On pistols: I can't remember the starter pistol, but use that until you unlock the M1911 and then use the Rex, but that's just what I feel comfortable using. It's mostly preference when it comes to pistols.

5. If you're a medic, remember to always heal and revive people, as it's your primary objective. But also remember that if you revive someone carelessly, like waiting for someone to die and immediately rushing up to them to get the revive, it will likely cause you and the person you revived to die right after. So always wait for the shooter to die or run away, and then revive. The SAW is a really good LMG, so use that when you unlock it, and after that, use the M60 once you unlock it. The M60's still pretty OP, so go wild with it.

6. If you're an engineer, you wanna repair vehicles all the time. Carry around a tracer dart, and take out all the enemy vehicles you see. The concept of waiting for things to go away used with the Medic doesn't apply here, because if the enemy has a rocket launcher and a good hiding place (they always do), its wise to just run up and repair rather than wait. I can't think of a particular SMG that isn't good, so just use whatever feels right. However, when you unlock the Carl Gustav (rocket lawn-chair), use it.

7. Recon is an okay class to use on defense, but once they start getting too close you'll have to switch to something else, preferably Assault. It's pretty fun, judging bullet drop and getting headshots that should be impossible (nothing will make you feel awesome like getting a 300+ Marksman Headshot), but they're pretty useless as well. Remember to spam the "spot" button (it's back on the 360, not sure what it is on the PS3), cause that's essentially what it's for. My friend used the M24 for as long as he's played, while I use the GOL. Sniper rifles are mostly preference too.

8. When using tanks, never charge straight into your enemy's base (on Offensive Rush, anyway), it's better to roam the outskirts, demolishing walls that could potentially hinder your advance. If you're on defense, act as artillery, and move up to crush the advance if it gets too close for comfort, and move back as they do.

9. BLACK HAWKS: Always fill up your guns if you can. You should fly it like you would a tank on offense, circling around your enemy for your gunner to dispatch. Being around 30-40 ft (total random guess, there isn't an altitude counter that I know of) above the ground is best unless you see alot of engineers (they're easy to discern among their teammates), and if that's the case, pull off the route you were riding on, and fall back, because it's likely by THAT time you'll have attracted alot of attention and are getting shot at by alot of different people. Land, wait for an engineer (or just leave the helicopter, or repair it yourself). To evade a single missle lock on, I normally just drop the helicopter (LT on 360, probably something similar on the PS3) after disengaging so that when you dive you won't actually land, rather, you'll fall down a considerable height, but not enough to not be able to recover from. However, to avoid that from ever having to happen, you can just switch your vehicle perks to smoke or the armor upgrade. Smoke will get rid of tracer darts. Armor upgrades will increase the vehicles health.

And that's about it. You can ask me for any more help if you can't find it somewhere else.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
its excellent on PS3, singleplayer is meh but its more a parody of MW2 rather than a serious campaign

multiplayer is really good, lots of team work and vehicles. i think upcoming homefront and BF3 (obviously) will be better though

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I was just on bad company 2 last night, plenty of servers around, it will be a bit tricky starting out since you need to hit like lvl 7 or so to get access to most of the base abilities I think but its easy to get there and its still a blast to play

edit: oh wait, you said ps3 or 360... well its great on pc but I dont know what the console community is like, probably still going pretty strong tho

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Drummie666 said:
I'd recommend not getting it, as I thought that the game design, being extremely team based, brought the game down because nobody works together. It might be better on PC though. Oh and, no, I doubt it's too late to join.
i disagree, the problem is that you can only chat to your squad. other than that teamwork is usually ok, you get a few games full of recons though

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
No, it's not too late. With Vietnam out, it renewed the expierence a bit and unlike Black ops once you unlock something, it stays unlocked and everyone has the same equipment. Higher levels don't mean squat in BFBC2, all it means is that some people play it more or they get more XP per match than the rest of us. I kill lv. 50 players all the time and some of them suck so bad I wonder how they got all the way up to that level.

Anyway, yes go ahead and get the game. It's a good substitute for Black Ops when you want something a bit more involving.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
shootthebandit said:
Drummie666 said:
I'd recommend not getting it, as I thought that the game design, being extremely team based, brought the game down because nobody works together. It might be better on PC though. Oh and, no, I doubt it's too late to join.
i disagree, the problem is that you can only chat to your squad. other than that teamwork is usually ok, you get a few games full of recons though
Let me expand. I did not mean recon players solely, I am referring to everyone.

Even assault class players, when attacking, always camp on the front lines, never move and just try to get kills. The difference between them and recon players is that recons are sitting at the back lines. When defending, they do fairly well as they continue the same camping strategy and defend the objectives. It's just when someone slips though and plants the charge, more often then not the defenders just sit where they are and don't do anything about it.

It was normal for the enemy team to do the same things as well. All of it lead to mostly infuriating attack rounds and very VERY boring defend rounds.

lastly, I found no difference in this behaviour between regular and hardcore. Though I played hardcore more because then I could kill my allies when they just sat there. It helped relieve my anger a bit. By this point I have stopped playing the game entirely because of my frustration.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Drummie666 said:
shootthebandit said:
Drummie666 said:
Let me expand. I did not mean recon players solely, I am referring to everyone.

Even assault class players, when attacking, always camp on the front lines, never move and just try to get kills. The difference between them and recon players is that recons are sitting at the back lines. When defending, they do fairly well as they continue the same camping strategy and defend the objectives. It's just when someone slips though and plants the charge, more often then not the defenders just sit where they are and don't do anything about it.

It was normal for the enemy team to do the same things as well. All of it lead to mostly infuriating attack rounds and very VERY boring defend rounds.

lastly, I found no difference in this behaviour between regular and hardcore. Though I played hardcore more because then I could kill my allies when they just sat there. It helped relieve my anger a bit. By this point I have stopped playing the game entirely because of my frustration.
I play with friends a lot, I'm part of a very friendly PS3 clan they are called "why so serious (WSS)". Also quite often people inadvertedly work as a team. Yesterday me and a freind were in a HIND and the UAV guy was taking out the VADS which really helped us out. Also we were flying back to spawn regularly and dropping off assualt players at the objective.

A problem is when the attacking team is mostly recon, it happens often on valdez and isla.

Having said that most people tend to use their role/vehicle effectively and work as a team

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
skywalkerlion said:
4. On pistols: I can't remember the starter pistol, but use that until you unlock the M1911 and then use the Rex, but that's just what I feel comfortable using. It's mostly preference when it comes to pistols.
I have all the pistols unlocked and I still prefer the M1911. It's really mostly personal prefrence, like you said, but I prefer an extra bullet and faster fire rate to a bit extra damage.

So the main idea here is, you won't know what you like until you give it a try. That's how pretty much all of BC2 works.

Axelord FTW

Mar 11, 2010
Sn1P3r M98 said:
skywalkerlion said:
I have all the pistols unlocked and I still prefer the M1911. It's really mostly personal prefrence, like you said, but I prefer an extra bullet and faster fire rate to a bit extra damage.

So the main idea here is, you won't know what you like until you give it a try. That's how pretty much all of BC2 works.
Personally, I prefer the MP-443 GRACH over any other sidearms. It may have the second to lowest DMG, but it has the second to highest clip size and the best non-burst firing rate.

Also, the iron sight is great and it has the best accuracy of all weapons but snipers. I personally often land my sniper scope on someone just to switch to that pistol and take them down a few hundred yards away.

Also: http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/360/Axelord%20FTW/
and

OT: Yes, get this game. I'm personally really happy to lend a hand to new players.