Poll: Big Spoon or Little Spoon: which do you prefer

Insomniac55

Dec 6, 2008
When just snuggling, I prefer big spoon... Maybe because it feels more masculine or something, but it just feels 'right'. But my bottom arm's always uncomfortable, so when sleeping I'll usually end up rolling over and being spooned. I hate to admit it, but it's *far* more comfortable. Luckily my girlfriend's not much shorter than me so it still works.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
I am very disappointed that this is not about utensils. I prefer averages spoons because I'm mediocre :D

Also, I'm not big on sharing a bed with anyone, and I'm a violent sleeper and deep sleeper which makes for a horrible combination.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Considering that I am essencially a suprisingly literate, well spoken shaved bear, big spoon tends to just happen, women tend to just snuggle into my arms and fall asleep...
I won't complain, it's comfy.
haven't had anyone to cuddle in a long time though, that tends to be what happens when you get herpes, and have no money to use as bait to distract from the fact that as far as most people are concerned you are essencially a leper in the sack...
kinda sucks, but hey, now I have infinitely less people to steal my blanket, or well, I stopped finding even surperfluous positives that fast...
damn, I will not let depression win this one... ah well I'm essencially a technologically enhanced hobo right now anyway, no job, and all I own is a bass guitar, a netbook, and a suitcase fulla clothes, and my cell phone... and like $60, so soon I'll either stop existing online, followed by starvation and death... or MIRACLE, doesn't bother me either way, I'm used to this shit, my life is worthless, and I've already nearly starved to death too many times for it to bother me anymore, I've even developed a form of meditation specifically to avoid the increasing hunger pangs...

Anyhow, I'm going to pass out now, and stop being a wet blanket...

Capcha "charmed life" lol stop being sarcastic capcha

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
6'4", wide, heavy. I'm kind of doomed to be the big spoon always, which is OK because I prefer it.

Alternately, still big spoon, because I like my mouth being full when I'm eating.

squidface

Jun 3, 2012
I can go for both. I do actually prefer little spoon but sometimes I like being big.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
My GF and I kind of trade off but I honestly prefer to be the little spoon. I'm a male too. When it comes to eating utensils though, I also prefer the smaller spoon/fork.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I miss being the big spoon. My ex and I used to tickle slightly our feets with our blanket...

I know it's weird, but I miss it...

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
ruedyn said:
No creature fan club on this site? I'm brown.

I could create one, it's not hard.

OT: little for tea, big for cake and soup.

And this for youtube:

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Little is always better. More body contact, more warmth, and you simply feel save and loved.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
i'm always a little confused by the terms big spoon and small spoon
i mean, isn't it called spoons because one fits the other perfectly? like spoons in my drawer?

when it comes to big spoon and little spoon i have to think of table spoon and tea spoon
try putting them into one another. they don't fit. at all.
unless you have very small table spoons, and really big tea spoons.

it doesn't really matter to me though whether i'm the "big" or the "small" spoon - both have their advantages, but usually i end up being the "big" spoon (male & about one head taller than her, so i guess that kind of makes sense)

Skullpanda

Jun 12, 2009
Big spoon...but I'm fairly tall, and have yet to spend a night with anyone even slightly close to my height, so I'm sort of forced into that role.

I'm serious. I have yet to see the smaller of two people be able to pull off being the big spoon comfortably.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Skullpanda said:
Big spoon...but I'm fairly tall, and have yet to spend a night with anyone even slightly close to my height, so I'm sort of forced into that role.

I'm serious. I have yet to see the smaller of two people be able to pull off being the big spoon comfortably.
Here, me, I did it.

[sub][sub]A rround of applause for that guy <-- whee[/sub][/sub]

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Im a guy and I like smaller spoons lets my food last longer or not put more then i need on.

I can use a big spoon but I dont like them

Oh this isnt about eating?......

OT:
Iv never had the chance to sleep at night with a woman in that way but I do like to hug and such at night

TheLazyGeek

Nov 7, 2009
I usually prefer small spoon when eating ice cream or yogurt, but I'll use a big spoon for cereal.

*re-reads through topic*

OH...eh, I'm more a spork.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008

Copper Zen said:
I don't like spooning.

After living alone for years I'm uncomfortable sharing a bed. I toss and turn all night, and when I spoon I always end up with a numb arm.

Her--"Nighty, night, sweet heart."

Me---"Sweet dreams, honey." Thinking--'I'm gonna have bed sores before the sun comes up!!!'
I have a screwed up shoulder and neck, so I know what you mean. I dislike spooning because either my shoulder or neck will be killing me in a couple hours.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Well ol' Spoony ones, I prefer to be the Little Spoon. I dunno, the few times it's happened it's been more comfortable as the little one.