Poll: Big Spoon or Little Spoon: which do you prefer

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
Death Carr said:
I thought this was about what I prefer to eat with.

Same answer for both, but still.
Misleading topic title is misleading.
Happy I'm not the only one who thought eating utensils first.

OT: Never spooned before so I guess I have no opinion

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
I prefer the big tablespoon, it helps me eat more soup, cereal and stews faster.

OH! you were talking about that kind of spoon, well I'll tell you when I manage to pull off such a feat (for a quiet shy gamer such as myself it would be a huge accomplishment).

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
DugMachine said:
ruedyn said:
I prefer this one the most.

OT: Big spoon I guess? I don't understand the question.
YES. Finally a sp00n fan on the site :D

Uh I seriously came in here thinking we were talking about spoons cause I enjoy eating my cereal with a big spoon but used to be fan of little spoons ._.
I'm seriously the first you've found? I think we need a creature fan club on this site, because I'm sure it's not just us.

Right?

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
ruedyn said:
DugMachine said:
ruedyn said:

Uh I seriously came in here thinking we were talking about spoons cause I enjoy eating my cereal with a big spoon but used to be fan of little spoons ._.
I'm seriously the first you've found? I think we need a creature fan club on this site, because I'm sure it's not just us.

Right?
Idk, according to the Lets Play thread a lot of people find them annoying :(

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
Death Carr said:
I thought this was about what I prefer to eat with.

Same answer for both, but still.
Misleading topic title is misleading.
I definitely thought the same thing. I prefer the little spoon, except when eating soup. Then I prefer the round spoon. Those big spoons...something just doesn't feel right about them. I hate when the utensil drawer only has forks and big spoons.

On topic: My wife hates it when I'm the big spoon, because I always end up jabbing her. I can't help it. I've been woken countless times by, "Oh for fuck's sake, get that thing out of my back and let me spoon you"

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
...I don't use spoons if I can help it... but a teaspoon tends to be too small, while a tablespoon tends to be too big.

This, however, is just right:

Not as tough as carbon steel, tougher than stainless... also tougher than cardboard.

Does that put me in the small camp, or the non-existant "medium" camp?

OT: I sleep alone. There's a good reason for that. I sleep violently.
This is why I laugh at the colloquialism "sleep with".

I knew a Drill Sergeant who claimed to have woken up strangling his wife... so they decided to separate. I'm not going to be that guy, so it's separate beds for my various partners.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I prefer big spoon, 100%. It's more comfortable and I don't really like someone sleeping at my back.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
In the few times I've ever lied down and cuddled somebody I've preferred to be the big spoon.

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
I prefer the little spoon, but I often wake up earlier than my boyfriend and spoon him. He's squishy.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
bleh. my body temperature rises exponentially when i sleep. it's barely tolerable for the other person just to be in the same bed with me. spooning is out of the question.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
DugMachine said:
ruedyn said:

Sp00n fans unite! Also I came in here thinking the same thing and voted without reading the OP which I usually never do. For eating, the little spoon, for spooning, I would suppose the big spoon but I've never done it either way.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Little spoon, when my bf turned over in bed I called it 'the great wall of no hugs' Men are too broad to comfortably hug effectively.

D:

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
When I read the title I thought you meant spoons that you eat with but then I read and realized no one would make a thread about which size spoon you prefer, and I chose big spoon I can't imagine falling asleep with someone breathing in my ear or on the back of my neck or head it would just weird me out if I woke up and felt that.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
EHKOS said:
DugMachine said:
ruedyn said:

Sp00n fans unite! Also I came in here thinking the same thing and voted without reading the OP which I usually never do. For eating, the little spoon, for spooning, I would suppose the big spoon but I've never done it either way.
One more person, just saying we should make a creature fan group. Just not me.

[small]Dunno how >_>[/small]

NoOne852

The Friendly Neighborhood Nobody
Sep 12, 2011
(I also thought this was going to be about the eating utensils. >_>
Yay, surprises! XD)

OT:
I guess the big spoon. I have never been the little spoon due to my being tall and lanky. (I would make a good Slenderman) I say big spoon, aside from my previous statement, because I too prefer to embrace someone then to be embraced. Maybe it's male bravado and I feel like I am protecting them from nonexistant danger or something. I don't know. What I do know is that I like it, and I am content with just that knowledge.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I actually don't really care that much. I mean the goal of a spoon is just to convey food and... huh, what... not the kind of spoon? What other type of spoon is... oh, oh god... You're sick! You're a sick sick little man!

MrStab

Mar 24, 2011
Little spoon though I always tend to be the big spoon. It's hard to get your arms in a comfortable position and spoon when you actually want to get to sleep.