Poll: Borderlands 2: Manufacturer discussion

Pinstar

Jul 22, 2009
What is your favorite BL2 manufacturer and why? What types of guns from that manufacturer do you prefer?

Currently playing as Maya, I came expecting that I'd use nothing but Maliwan, but left finding Vladof as my favorite (With Maliwan as a close 2nd). Elemental Vladof guns have some very impressive rates of fire. When boosted with Flicker, they can can be just as full of elemental goodness as a Maliwan proper. Their launchers also frequently have the "Consumes reduced ammo" trait, which lets me get more shots out of my very limited supply of rocket ammo.

I also like their fully automatic snipers which are still fairly accurate for single head shots but can spray sniper bullets at close range from the hip if someone gets too close.

What manufacturer has your brand loyalty?

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
Ah man, they're all so cool.

I've been mainly using Jakobs, Vladof and Bandit weapons.
Gotta respect someone who makes guns with names like 'lektrik shootty Mashine gun' that actually work, and work well.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Most of my guns are Tediore. The fact they explode on reload is so handy! I do also have a Jackobs pistol that has 226 dam and 100% melee damage. Don't really go wrong.

Dec 14, 2009
Love Maliwan SMGs and Jakobs revolvers.

Boy do I love Jakobs revolvers.

Fuck shotguns, I've got an awesome revolver.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
I got a Jakobs revolver that does 500 damage per shot and is super accurate.

So, yeah Jakobs for life.

Jan 13, 2012
Jakobs Revolvers and Snipers are really good for Zer0. I especially like their old westy feel to them. I also roll with Vladof machine guns when things start getting heated up. I don't really like the minigun barrel types though.

BoredWalker

Aug 14, 2012
Vladof pistols (usually designated as "TMP") are pretty freaking powerful. Good damage, high accuracy and fire rate, and they have barely any recoil when rapid-tapping the trigger. Basically, better than any heavier automatic weapons for pretty much anything. Besides, all their guns are made of frickin' wood!

Wayne Bridges

Mar 18, 2011
I have a hard time between Torgue, Jakobs, and Bandit. The rest to me suck and aren't good as a gunzerker. I have 2 torgue that are shotguns that fire explosive rouunds, a jokobs that deal over 1800 damage per shot(If all of the pellets hit) and a bandit RPG that does over 5200 damage.

twobeef

Feb 4, 2012
Strangely enough, I like how Dahl guns tend to just feel solid and don't require a lot of screwing with, though other manufacturers often do similar things.

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
Differs depending on weapon type.

As far as Shotguns go, I only use Hyperion. The reverse accuracy thing works very well with gunzerking.

Assault Rifles and Pistols I have to go with Vladof, they generally have a pretty high rate of fire without sacrificing nearly as much damage as as other manufacturers to get it.

Sniper Rifles, I'd have to go with Jakobs, Dahl's are always that terribad burst fire garbage and Maliwan's always do half as much damage in exchange for the elemental junk that only applies half of the time and doesn't even cover the loss of damage(especially crit damage).

SMGs...lol. Yeah right, who uses SMGs? They're worse at everything compared to assault rifles and pistols.

Rocket launchers, tbh they don't really fit in well with a gunzerker because we don't regen rockets and the magazine sizes are very low so they get very poor bonuses from Money Shot, so I can't really say.

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
Depends on the gun.
For revolvers, I tend to go for Jakobs. I occasionally use a Vladof TMP in this slot though.
For SMG, AR, snipers, I'll use whichever is effective.
For shotguns, for some reason I like Hyperion, but only with a large clip size. Being able to mash without losing accuracy can make for some ridiculous amount of critical damage.
For launchers, Tediore all the way. The explosion from reloading is pretty freakin' ridiculous.

However, as it turns out, my level 38 cataclysm Maya is plenty OP without worrying too much about guns.
I have a purple class mod that reduces cooldown on phaselock, as well as improving Helios, Reaper, and Suspension ...
I just dash right into the middle of things, firing a few times to set up a cloud of acid, phaselock the biggest threat, and ... everything just dies without much shooting required.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
For my shotgun, I don't really have a company preference, I would go Jakobs except all of their shotguns have an ammo capacity of 1 or 2, and consume multiple ammo a shot. I am currently using a bandit shotgun, but I sometimes end up with Torgue.
For my pistol I go Jakobs always.
For my rocket launcher I go Bandit.
For my rifle I use Jakobs, but I'd like to use either Vladof or Dahl.
My shield is a Dahl that causes shield boosters to drop sometimes.
My class mod is a Pangolin.
My grenade is a Anshin.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Really, I find myself loving Hyperion and Vladof. Very much a contrast there. I found a Vladof Spinigun - a Kalashnikov with a minigun barrel! - and it will cause massive grief for anything on the receiving end. Hyperion have been a plus, and I like their precision. My current pistol is a rape machine. It instantly proved itself superior shot for shot over a Jakobs rifle in terms of recoil and damage, heck even at range it has an advantage. It will be even better with corrosion...

Terrible Opinions

Sep 11, 2011
I find myself using Hyperion a lot, though Jakobs and Torgue occupy the AR slot a lot, and Maliwan fights Hyperion for the SMG spot.

Fuck Dahl snipers, though.