Poll: Can sonic ever make a comeback??

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
If Team Sonic disbands and Sonic is picked up by a new company who has new and original ideas it will make a comeback. Double Fine Productions anyone?

Aug 13, 2008
yes easily
people saying it cant are just jumping on the bandwagon since apparently hating sonic is cool now

adventure/2 were awesome
unleashed wii was awesome (yahtzee reviewed the hd version despite the boxart he shows, almost every problem he mentions isnt in the wii version)
rush/ rush adventure were awesome

so yeah, just give sonic team time and play sonic 3 while wating and remember the pinnalce of platforming genius (alongised super mario world)

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I don't think so. The Sonic era has passed and the only humane thing to do is take Sonic out behind the woodshed and put a round of buckshot into his skull.

randomrob

Aug 5, 2009
ummm.....no. Sonic's had a good run(no pun intended) and Sega need to just let him die instead giving more games.

atomictoast

Aug 7, 2009
Sonic Adventure 3...that's all I want.

Make it happen Sega. Just make it like SA2, make an Online Chao Garden with more games, and DON'T MAKE ANY MORE CHARACTERS.

Oh, and while we're at it. No more Big the Cat...ever.

dommyuk

Aug 1, 2008
Also wishing for a Sonic Adventure 3, hopefully more in the stlye of Sonic Adventure one, with it's Adventure Fields and each character has thier own story, rather than switching between them like in SA2 which I still liked. Don't know why they insist on making all this other crap.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Brutal truth time. Sonic doesn't need to make a comeback as his games are still popular with kids. There will be no return to the "glory days" as Sonic games were always a bit shit.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Yes.

Some people actually liked the Sonic Adventure games, including myself.

It would be nice to have another one of those, along with a traditional 2D platformer

fudgebo

Jun 8, 2009
its only natural that running from left to right got boring, at the end of the day thats all sonic does...run,quite boring when you think about it.

Tairan

Mar 21, 2009
naa nintendo will just keep makeing sonic games untill the money pools runs dry (which is a long time).

data_not_found

Nov 12, 2008
I don't want them to. They only guy who seems capable of reinvigorating an old franchise with new ideas and making it seem completely new is Miyamoto, and he'll never work on sonic.

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
I feel like he can't. We're in a totally different generation and mindset with gaming, and unfortunately, Sonic can't really easily fit in there. At least in my mind

Darktau

Totally Ergo Proxy
Mar 10, 2009
Yes, They just need sonic adventure 3.... but done right, or just let some source code out to the community

theshadowed1

Apr 10, 2009
yes as any series can make a comeback but only if the comeback is awesome like if they made back to the future part4 it could be awesome, so lets just hope sonic team can make a half decent game next time.