Poll: Can sonic ever make a comeback??

minidevil921

Jul 16, 2009
After Sonic unleashed I kinda don't wanna find out. What im thinking is if sonic makes one more flop its over they're done the last good sonic game i've played was...... Well i dont remember sonic adventure 2 was ok but I heard some new sonic game called project needlemouse or somthing like that is coming out in like 2011 but I wanna see. What do you think sonic would need to make a comeback.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
All it will take is one stormingly good game.

People still go out and buy his shit adventures in their droves, one that's actually good will get ALL his fans coming out of the woodwork to relive Sonic's glory days. That's a lot of people.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
Nope, I think Sonic has been milked so badly over the years, I can't imagine his fans have much hope. But I also think that Sonic is a product of his time, the whole 3D thing never worked out for him very well.

Emilin_Rose

Aug 8, 2009
actually you seemed to have overlooked Secret Rings. That was rock bottom for the sonic series. it couldn't get any worse. But sega took a step in the right direction with SatBK. Good soundtrack, smooth and fun gameplay, new twists on old characters' personalities.

It's incredibly short and shallow but at least sega found a way up. pray for it to keep going.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Yes but only, AND I MEAN ONLY in 2D form.

You hear that Sonic Team!

irishdelinquent

Jan 29, 2008
Sonic can make a comeback, especially if Sega (Sonic Labs) continues with their apparent teamwork with Nintendo. Release the old games with updated graphics on the Virtual Console for download, and watch how people who enjoy nostalgia eat it up.

However, I don't feel that sonic will make a comeback, as the developers feel the irresistable urge to crap on the dungheap that is his recent library of games. They can't seem to listen to constructive criticism, and fail to realize that what gamers want is a return to the classics. We want sonic to be fast-freaking-paced platforming, not Hogwolfs and evil King Arthurs.

Dr. Wily III

Jul 27, 2009
irishdelinquent said:
and fail to realize that what gamers want is a return to the classics. We want sonic to be fast-freaking-paced platforming,
Hahaha, good joke!

Please.. Sonic isn`t about running trough level as fast as possible. Don`t believe me? Just read..

http://nicochi.deviantart.com/art/Sonic-in-Lava-Reef-Zone-117341739

http://sonicstadium.org/articles/the-crossfire-level-design

alloneword

Jul 9, 2008
I think that in order for Sonic and Friends to be good again there are a few stems that Sonic Team need to take.

1 - Make Sonic operate on a 2D scale, not necessicarially old graphics, but remove the 3rd axis.

2 - Make Robotnik/Eggman the villan again. He was always good enough, and still Sonic's nemesis as far as I'm concerned.

3 - Make the commands simple. Up. Down. Left. Right. Jump. Spin Dash. Thats all we need.

4 - Make the rings important. 50 for a bonus level. 100 for a free life. If you've got at least on then you can afford to be hit.

5 - Make the bonus levels psychedellic again. Those were just damn fun.

6 - This is the important one: Make the story good. We as gamers have come to expect at least a sembelance of a story rather than "Ok Go!", so at least get a good writing team.

Follow these steps Sonic Team and you should be just fine.

Oh! And no Warewolves or Mythic Swords...

crazyjay321

Feb 22, 2009
sonic's should have went to pax and got the nerd flu and died so they don't ruin my childhood memories with more games

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
I'm not sure. I think the biggest problem with Sonic is that his style of platforming has not transitioned well into 3D, unlike Mario. I think the odds of us getting a modern Sonic game that is good are slim. At least with the current Sonic team.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
alloneword said:
I think that in order for Sonic and Friends to be good again there are a few stems that Sonic Team need to take.

1 - Make Sonic operate on a 2D scale, not necessicarially old graphics, but remove the 3rd axis.

2 - Make Robotnik/Eggman the villan again. He was always good enough, and still Sonic's nemesis as far as I'm concerned.

3 - Make the commands simple. Up. Down. Left. Right. Jump. Spin Dash. Thats all we need.

4 - Make the rings important. 50 for a bonus level. 100 for a free life. If you've got at least on then you can afford to be hit.

5 - Make the bonus levels psychedellic again. Those were just damn fun.

6 - This is the important one: Make the story good. We as gamers have come to expect at least a sembelance of a story rather than "Ok Go!", so at least get a good writing team.

Follow these steps Sonic Team and you should be just fine.

Oh! And no Warewolves or Mythic Swords...
You said my thoughts exactly. Also, Werewolves, not Warewolves.

dishwasherwong

Sep 30, 2009
I think Sonic Team needs to be replaced with all the people who staffed it in the 1980's/1990's for him to win back my loyalty. Essentially going back to the old 2D adventures, or maybe in some style like was done with Viewtiful Joe.

As long as the furries and the like keep buying Sonic's current incarnation, I can't see it happening.