Poll: Can You Do That Thing Where You Raise One Eyebrow But Not The Other?

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
So I was watching Oz and James Franco spends a lot of time with one eyebrow raised and the other not and I'm so jealous because after hours staring into the mirror I can only manage to slightly raise my right eyebrow without the other, and I can only do it in a mirror. It's infuriating, I really wish I could do it but even after trying I still can't work it. So I was wondering, can you, dear Escapists, raise one eyebrow independently? And if you think you can beat The Rock in terms of eyebrow raising power please give us a picture...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
A little bit.

Not so much by raising an eyebrow, but by locking the other one down. And I can only do the left; No Jim Carry versatility.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Lt._nefarious said:
So I was watching Oz and James Franco spends a lot of time with one eyebrow raised and the other not and I'm so jealous because after hours staring into the mirror I can only manage to slightly raise my right eyebrow without the other, and I can only do it in a mirror. It's infuriating, I really wish I could do it but even after trying I still can't work it.
lol, for some reason I found this really amusing

I can raise one eyebrow to a moderate degree with minimal movement of my other eyebrow, but I'm afraid the Rock has me beat

Herminator09

Sep 9, 2009
I'm about on par with the Rock but I prefer my abilities of wiggling my ears and being able to blow air out of my eye.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
I can, but only with raising the right eyebrow. For some reason I can't do the same with the left. I'd say I can move them even more than in that picture though

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
No, I can't! It really depresses me too!

My brother can do it so well, so he does it to tease me whenever I try. =[

All that happens for me is my eyebrows just both scrunch up together...

Dead Seerius

Feb 4, 2012
Hmmm. You know, I've never actually tried it while looking in a mirror before. One minute.
Damn! I can't do it and now my eyebrow muscles ache from all my failed attempts. I won't be defeated this easily though. From this day forward I shall train to become a master of eyebrow manipulation. Mark my words.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
Yes I can
AND I'M LOVING IT.

Though since my generation spends more time texting than talking face to face I don't use it as much as I'd like.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
SanAndreasSmoke said:
Hmmm. You know, I've never actually tried it while looking in a mirror before. One minute.
Damn! I can't do it and now my eyebrow muscles ache from all my failed attempts. I won't be defeated this easily though. From this day forward I shall train to become a master of eyebrow manipulation. Mark my words.

Man... that's hypnotic...(!) =_=

OT: Um... yes. Left eyebrow raise = sceptical look. Right eyebrow raise = inquisitive look. *shrug*

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Yes! and I love it :3

I find my thumbs a lot more impressive. They are stupidly flexible and I can trick people into thinking I've broken them. It has been useful in the past.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
I've got a bunch of weird quirks, and it seems that that is one of them. And yes, I can and will beat The Rock. It helps me be stupidly capable at acting and shit, which is good, since I seem to have a highly expressive face.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Lt._nefarious said:
So I was watching Oz and James Franco spends a lot of time with one eyebrow raised and the other not and I'm so jealous because after hours staring into the mirror I can only manage to slightly raise my right eyebrow without the other, and I can only do it in a mirror. It's infuriating, I really wish I could do it but even after trying I still can't work it. So I was wondering, can you, dear Escapists, raise one eyebrow independently? And if you think you can beat The Rock in terms of eyebrow raising power please give us a picture...

I can do it with both brows but one is far better than the other.

My worst one (right) is about the same as that picture of Mr rock. My better side has like a 45 degree angle on it.

Can only raise one side of my lip though....

King Billi

Jul 11, 2012
Yes I can! and I'm so happy to finally see a topic that lets me laud this talent... Thank You!

Could I beat The Rock though? Hmmm? I'm not sure

It would be a close one I think.