Poll: Cazadors, Deathclaws, or Feral Ghoul Reavers?

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
With my mod, Deathclaws are the scariest fuckers ever. You can kill them with just a few rounds from even a 5.56x45mm weapon, but they are quiet and one-hit kill you 90% of the time. Cazadors are annoying, but if you have a 20g shotty, they are easy to mop up, although if they hit you, the poison is a real big *****.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Cazadors, bar none.

Deathclaws are wicked but only when they get close. Feral Ghoul Reavers are bad considering how damned strong they are (AND hard to hit), but they can be stopped by a fatman (And are usually worth the use)

Cazadors, sting, then poison you. Then they do it again and again until you die unable to escape.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
Out of these enemies, which ones are the worst to fight?

I cant decide..
*Shoot Cazadores in the wing. It seems more fragile then their other limps and it stuns them for a few seconsd and slows them down significantly. Use vats.

*Cripple deathclaw legs with high powered weaponry and AP/JSP ammo OR 2-3 plasma mines, 1-2 bottlecap mines or 1-2 c4 charges. It brings them to a crawl so you will be able to outrun them (even legendary deathclaws) and prevents them from leaping which can really fuck you up.
-The anti material rifle with JSP/AP ammo could easily make a deathclaws head explode in one shot if you sneak attack them (sniping).

*Shoot reavers legs... again it slows them down enough to evade. Then just headshot them. If you have a devastatingly powerful weapon, a few headshot will do.

The worst enemy by far in New Vegas, for me, are fucking legion hit squads (possibly ranger hit squads too, if you've gone that way). They either mince me, or they mince my companions... I had such a bad time with them until I finally got power armour and a brush gun (Actually, the "Medicine Stick" which is unique variant of the brush gun in the Gunner Runners Arsenal DLC).

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
I said Reavers, because Cazadores are easy if you cripple one wing, Deathclaws are easily kneecapped and outrun (or, you know, if you take the My-Brain-Makes-Drugs perk, you can blast some sweet, sweet Turbo and beat them to death with your bare hands), and you don't have those fucking subterranean dwellers on the list.
Reavers aren't scary, just more irritating than all the other enemies

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
sage42 said:
Pfff you people and your fear of Death Claws, they're restricted to one small point in Vegas, which you can go around. Cazadors are all around the map, just waiting to swarm. Oh the horror. Can't help but feel the side quest for The Thorn was created just as a sadistic joke. Cazadors Eggs AND Deathclaws. *shudders*
"We can get it on if you prove yourself. Just kill all these deadly creatures and bring me their eggs."
Yeah, the prostitutes in Vegas don't seem as expensive now.
OT:Freaking Cazadors. I lag too much that I can only hit them with VATS...and only if I'm lucky. If not, I die--way too easily.

hashtag

Oct 30, 2011
Deathcaws. I just use the LMG on the Cazadors and that basically kills them. But Deathclaws......Jesus Christ they fuck me up.

joe-h2o

The name's Bond... Hydrogen Bond
Oct 23, 2011
Deathclaws are predictable, so unless one surprises you (or a pack of them) they are relatively easy to take down. If you have one charging you before you're ready then try and cripple the legs. If you're starting the fight on your terms you can aim for the head.

Reavers have a serious weakness - the shotgun. Shoot them in the head from medium to close range with a shotgun and they go down.

Cazadores on the other hand... well, they are extremely annoying. Even the baby ones move very fast and hit you with poison. Erratic, rapid movement and a swarming ability? Very annoying to take out.

Someone mentioned Lakelurks as a sniper - you're trying to face them on their terms, since they are excellent snipers too. You have to adapt to the situation and simply put away your beautiful modified carbon fibre sniper rifle and switch to a shotgun or something else firing large caliber ammo and just charge up to them. Staying at range is what they want you to do.

For those also hating the Quarry - the best approach is to take the high ground that is to the north of the quarry. If you work your way up there, clearing any strays as you go, then you can set up a kill zone, or at the very least you can cut the number of avenues of attack and be less likely to be jumped from the side. I often go up there and lay mines behind me, then I know I've got a clear approach in front of me to aim my .50 cal.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
It's a hard choice due to the fact that I hate all of them. However, if I had to choose one of them as the worse, Cazadors just barely edge out Deathclaws because there are far more areas where Cazadors reside as compared to Deathclaws. Honestly though, the danger level depends on: how many of the bastards are sitting around and do they have friends, if they snuck up on you, and if you are properly prepared(decent armor, guns, etc.).

Also fire geckos can be really bad if they catch you in a corner and there are no fewer than a dozen of them.(thank you riot shotgun)

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Fallout 3: Reavers

Fallout New Vegas: Deathclaws.

But all of these enemies give you butt hurt if you're not careful.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
Cazadores poison you, move erratically, and are fast. Also, once ran into a glitched one that looked like a giant ball of stretched polygons, could hit from 50 meters away, and was basically impossible to damage. Dubbed it "Cazathulu" and picked a different road.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
I vote Cazadors, because of my frequent use of high power single shot weaponry, like Sniper, Anti-Material and Gauss rifles. Their small, fast, hard to hit, hit hard, and there's usually more than one.

Deathclaws and Reaver's are very slow while idle, making it easy for me to get a sneak attack critical headshot, and sneak away to make another shot if need be because I'm so far away that they lose interest quickly.

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
Cazadores were my worst nightmare. Till I got that poison immunity upgrade from the Big MT. Now they just look kinda sad.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011

They're much bigger in game but I believe Cazadors are based on tarantula wasps (IRL)and in my opinion the two worst things in the world combined...FUCK YOU NATURE.

Cazadors don't have much health in New Vegas but they move fast and the poison is a *****. Cazadors are a pain at any level but at low levels you have next to no hope fighting a Deathclaw (they get progressively easier to kill as you level up).

CAPTCHA: fish and chips

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
Cazadors, without question. Sure, we can all mock the critters by end game, but think about your first encounters with each of the critters on question. You're not seeing Reavers till you're pretty mighty and have options. And you gotta go out of your way to fight Deathclaws early on.

Cazadors? They don't give a shit. They spawn-camp your ass north of the starting town and dare you to try and get to the Strip directly. They haunt the map, just off to the sides and corners, like insectoid Big Bad Wolves waiting for your Little Red Riding Courier to fall off the path. They'll swarm your ass and even if you've a weapon apt to kill them, they'll gleefully poison you and mock your corpse.

And that's not even to comment on the surprise factor. First playthrough, sure, you know to be watchful of Ghouls and Deathclaws if you played earlier games. Cazadors? They're a surprise. In the same sense stepping onto a mine is surprising. And they're a clear indicator how much of a shit this game gives about balance if you try to skip around and be cute with your exploration before you've got some levels and decent gear to your name.

So yeah. Cazadors. Fuck those guys.

Cranky

Mar 12, 2012
The first time I encountered the Cazadors I was freaking confused as to why I died a few steps later. Subsequently I always tried to engage them in long-range.

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
Anyone who doesn't think cazadors are the worst is probably not playing on hardcore mode. cazadors are pretty much the sole reason I rarely brought companions with me. They always charge in or stand there like idiots and get stung a billion times, and then you have to reload because they are as good as dead.

Deathclaws are easy pickings, only slightly more dangerous than a freeside thug. The only time they ever are effective is when its something like an alpha deathclaw, and you're in an enclosed space with tight quarters, like a deathclaw cave. And I wasn't even aware people had problems with ghouls...