Poll: Character Creation

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
I make a character that looks like me, but not too much. That being said, on most games with a character creation screen (I'm looking at you, Oblivion), they end up looking completely different to what I intended.

Shushyne4np2ne

Jul 28, 2008
I try to make something that I WISH i looked like. when I was younger, I would deck them out with black makeup, black clothes and black weapons. I was a little emo kid back in the day!

Wesker_Chick

Jul 24, 2008
I have the tendency to make characters from Resident Evil, when given the chance...they now occupy every save space for Soul Caliber 3.

Blayze

Dec 19, 2007
If I'm given the tools (Like in Oblivion), I make the freakiest, ugliest (And in Oblivion, shiniest) bipedal monstrosity known to man.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Sheesh, I still remember when I made "Old Keannu Reeves" on Oblivion. I also made my last french teacher. (He's chinese, it really look like him.)

SargentToughie

Jun 14, 2008
It depends on what the game offers for customization

in soul calibur 3, I have a small army of awesome looking warriors... and one freakish alien with yellow skin

in oblivion, ah it takes to long... reduce the age, reduce the complexion and I'm done

Mass effect was fun though... all of my characters vomit beauty...

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
I try to make one of the umpteen characters I have flitting through my head on a regular basis. They tend to vary wildly from character to character, but they have a few things in common. For example, they never have too muscular a physique (big muscles creep me out). The women are never too sexy or too ugy, more an avergely-attractive woman, and the men are never girly looking or overly-masculine. Most of the time they wear bright white clothes, especially if they're a villainous character (villains in white = great costume).

Aeranlaes

Jul 27, 2008
My main is generally based on me, and my other characters are usually different parts of my personality made manifest. I also love novelty characters to mess around with or troll on, particularly those with really lame jokes and things for names; the irony amuses me.

On a related note, I'm starting to hate games like Oblivion where you can neurotically choose every detail. I end up spending more time working on my appearance than playing the actual game. I prefer the feature in games like Guild Wars or World of Warcraft, where they give you basic pre-set features. Although I like a wide selection.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Well I like to make characters from other Games or at least other Mediums like Movies or Comic if doable.

defcon 1

Jan 3, 2008
I would like to be creative but most character creators are extremely limited, so usually I just end up making him look like me. My Mass Effect character looks exactly like me a few years from now.

KittywifaMohawk

Aug 17, 2008
I like to try and create a character that looks like me.....and if it isn't possible I just try and be creative really. It's no fun just pushing all the sides to the end and stuff like that.

DeadlyFred

Aug 13, 2008
I like to be creative, but I also like them to look cool... and often times, they end up looking like me... because I'm cool. Like Fonzie.

Rath709

Mar 18, 2008
My version of Shepard in Mass Effect inadvertently ended up looking like Will Riker. Which is odd, becuase I tried to make him look like me and I bear no resemblance to Jonathan Frakes at all.

Surggical_Scar

Feb 13, 2008
Creative - I try to make my characters attractive, although certaintly not Anime-like. Just...suitably heroic.