Poll: Chick-fil-a owner admits to anti-gay views

Dragonclaw

Dec 24, 2007
DragonLord Seth said:
Well I agree with him, because there's a reason you need a man and a woman to make a baby. Then also the "straight couples are better because they can actually procreate" argument I've tried using before, but people were too stupid to understand it.
So how do you feel about:

Couples who have no desire for kids...

Couples where one is infertile...

Couples who got married much later in life where having kids would likely result in birth defects...

Should they also not be able to marry? (My own marriage falls into at least one of these examples...it doesn't really matter which one...

Rather than calling people stupid because your basis for why straight marriages are "better" is a rather weak one all things considered, maybe realize that your procreation argument is rather poorly thought out...there's a LOT more to marriage than kids or the ability to have them.

Dragonclaw

Dec 24, 2007
DragonLord Seth said:
Dragonclaw said:
DragonLord Seth said:
Well I agree with him, because there's a reason you need a man and a woman to make a baby. Then also the "straight couples are better because they can actually procreate" argument I've tried using before, but people were too stupid to understand it.
So how do you feel about:

Couples who have no desire for kids...

Couples where one is infertile...

Couples who got married much later in life where having kids would likely result in birth defects...

Should they also not be able to marry? (My own marriage falls into at least one of these examples...it doesn't really matter which one...

Rather than calling people stupid because your basis for why straight marriages are "better" is a rather weak one all things considered, maybe realize that your procreation argument is rather poorly thought out...there's a LOT more to marriage than kids or the ability to have them.
Wow, not only did you completely misunderstand my point, but you also got pissed off! Just like last time I tried using this argument!
Did I mention your examples? No. So shut the fuck up. I was making a general statement about what a straight marriage can do, as opposed to a homofaggotual one. Why should your examples be excluded from marriage? Did I say that marriage MUST equal a kid? No. So fuck off and read a post before getting flustered.
Wow...welcome to REPORTED, population YOU!

EVERYTHING in your post was about marriage being better BECAUSE of kids...and that anyone who didn't go along with your argument was STUPID...YOUR words NOT mine...then a lot of profanity from you followed when someone dared to call BS on your argument...

NOTHING I said was in the slightest way disrespectful...the same CANNOT be said for you.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Who gives a fuck. If his chicken tastes good (which it doesn't, because it's an American fast food chain, thus making the food they serve the most disgusting and unhealthy thing you can find) I'm still eating it.
Because it's people like him that cause the laws such as the recent BS in north carolina.

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
I buy my fried chicken at Miss Millies anyway.

He's in prolific company. There are lots of homophobes and bigots out there, but I don't boycott for opinions, I boycott for deeds.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I have a friend who does not drink gloria jeans coffee because the ceo does not agree with gay people. I asked her why does it matter and she said, because it just does.

In short some people cannot accept other peoples beliefs and ideals and flat out refuse to be seen with people they disagree with.

jackinmydaniels

Jul 12, 2012
For fucks sake I'm so sick of this anti gay bullshit. It's the twenty first century, WHY is this still an issue?

On the actual topic itself, well we don't have one of these resturaunts where I live so it'll be all the easier to not eat there. But even if I go somewhere that has one I'll probably not go there.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
Well, I wouldn't eat at Chick-fil-a anymore, but I don't begrudge anyone who does. If we boycotted every single thing created by every single company that had ever expressed a single bigoted thought, or done a bad deed, we'd never be able to buy ANYTHING.

Name one major company that has never done anything bad. And I mean ANYTHING bad. Also, how many CEOs of other companies have anti-gay views but don't publicly state them? Gay people like Oreos now because they took a (good, in my opinion) stand backing marriage equality. But Oreos are made by Nabisco, who are owned by Kraft who are owned by the Altria Group, formerly known as PHILIP MORRIS - a scumbag tobacco company busy getting third-world kids in Africa and Indonesia addicted to cigarettes. Still want to buy Oreos? I admit that I do buy oreos.

Because there isn't a perfectly nice company anywhere. Virtually everything I buy and need to buy is made by utter bastards. I had to swallow my idealism and accept that.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
DragonLord Seth said:
Wow, not only did you completely misunderstand my point, but you also got pissed off! Just like last time I tried using this argument!
Did I mention your examples? No. So shut the fuck up. I was making a general statement about what a straight marriage can do, as opposed to a homofaggotual one. Why should your examples be excluded from marriage? Did I say that marriage MUST equal a kid? No. So fuck off and read a post before getting flustered.
First of all, the topic at hand is marriage. Secondly, since you believe the value in straight couples is children, that is presumably the value you see in married couples. Meaning, according to the rules you have set, infertile couples or couples who don't wish to have children are also inherently inferior. And since the topic at hand is married couples, presumably that also applies to marriage. If any of that is wrong, it's because you didn't specify otherwise.

So, do you think gay couples should be able to marry? Why or why not? I'll try not to make too many assumptions, though I sort of feel like I know where this is going based on your use of the word "homofaggotual."

Mouse One

Jan 22, 2011
Evil Smurf said:
I have a friend who does not drink gloria jeans coffee because the ceo does not agree with gay people. I asked her why does it matter and she said, because it just does.

In short some people cannot accept other peoples beliefs and ideals and flat out refuse to be seen with people they disagree with.
Sure. The CEO is welcome to express whatever bigoted, asinine views he may have. I'm also allowed to say "Sheesh, why should I buy my fatty snacks from you when I can go to KFC instead?"

It is indeed a free world. But we have to take ownership of our views.

OuroborosChoked

Aug 20, 2008
yeti585 said:
Anyone calling this man a bigot for believing that part of his religion be kept "sacred" is the bigot. Whether you believe in this religion or not, if you are going to be intolerant of it you are the bigot.
That would all be well and good... were it not for the fact that he donates money to efforts to prevent homosexual marriage from being allowed.

Holding a religious opinion is one thing. Acting on it in CIVIL matters to prevent others from having the same rights as you is another. The former is having an opinion. The latter is discrimination.

EDIT: I frankly find it scary that so many people are willing to switch off their brains when it comes to this...

Yeah, they do chicken. Guess what? You can get chicken from people who don't support discrimination! You can even buy chicken fresh and cook it yourself. It's healthier, tastier, and much less of a moral dilemma (the eating meat thing... that's a separate issue, though).

If Chick-Fil-A's owner was actively supporting anti-woman groups, would you still eat there? Anti-black groups? Where do you draw the line? Is anything okay, so long as you don't have to stop being lazy and take a stand against discrimination?

And to everyone saying that this is a "difference of opinion" issue: you're just wrong. Being gay is not an opinion... so being anti-gay is not an opinion, either. It's discrimination. It's saying, "I'm okay with treating other human beings as less-equal than myself".

Are you really okay with that? Really??