Poll: Chick-fil-a owner admits to anti-gay views

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Who gives a fuck. If his chicken tastes good (which it doesn't, because it's an American fast food chain, thus making the food they serve the most disgusting and unhealthy thing you can find) I'm still eating it.
This pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter.

By the way Smash, Chipotle Mexican Grill. Look it up, its pretty healthy.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Never ate there since there isn't one anywhere near where I live. Hear it's on the low end of fast food anyway.

Frankly, I have trouble figuring out why these people drag their companies into a PR shitstorm for a personal crusade.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
If I lived in America I would boycott it.

I wouldn't want someone spreading hate to have my money.

omicron1 said:
And by "discrimination" you mean "lack of public agreement, not voting for "civil rights" you disagree with, and not wanting your kids indoctrinated by "being gay is a-ok" rhetoric in school?
There is no anti-gay discrimination here. You have manufactured what you perceive as a civil right (the "right" for gays to marry, and by extension for all public entities to be forced to consider said marriage valid) and are outraged that anyone would have the audacity to speak against that "right." It's roughly analogous to PETA deciding to campaign to give all horses voting rights - no matter how much PETA may think it's normal, not everyone agrees (in this case, fully half the nation, despite the unrelenting one-sided media barrage) and PETA has no right to enforce their "right" on the rest of us.
Last time I checked homosexual people are people, not animals. They can't change the way they are just because you don't like it and they aren't going to stop existing because you don't like it.

So why don't we stop with the unwarranted hate.

Gay people should have the right to a good life just like every other human being and be able to marry the person they love.

How does it effect you in any way if they do.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
I wouldn't necessarily label them all psychos, but yeah, I've always felt the same way. It'd be pretty damn embarrassing to look back at that if you were on the wrong side of the fence. Once we have equal rights for gays I guarantee it won't end there. I am sure there is another disenfranchised group that will go through the same exact thing. The cycle must continue!

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
Bloody hell. You septics can be a crazy bunch of people.

I especially like the vocal "I don't care, I just like chicken" group. Some of them don't care so much that they are some of the most prolific posters in this thread. Hilarious.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
They're by far the best fast food place around (faint praise maybe, but still true). They have waffle fries and the best lemonade around, so the fact anything else tastes good is just icing on that cake.

The thing is that they're an exceedingly Southern company. They're on courtesy and hospitality, but they're also big on traditionalism. In my hometown, they're far from the only company who close on Sunday or take on extra staff for purely customer service roles (the biggest grocery store chain in town didn't even sell alcohol until a year or two ago when they were bought out by a national chain). The only difference is that Chick Fila is the only one that is so overt in their traditional Christian side. They come from a strong tradition of family-based, Christian businesses and they reflect a large part of the South's customer base, but in expanding to the size that they are now, they will get more press and more customers that don't agree with their beliefs.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Revnak said:
Yes, people telling him they think gay people are okay will get him to start thinking otherwise, even though it never has before. I am absolutely certain that this man who is very set in his ways will change his mind, not his business practices or actions mind you, his very personal and very firmly held beliefs, because people made a big show about how they disagree with him. Despite people doing that all the time at other places and he still hasn't changed his opinion.

Antagonizing the man will not get him to turn to our side. Maybe reasoning with him will, but making him think he's a martyr is flat out moronic. Boycott to change actions and business practices, not ideas. It just won't work.
It has nothing to do with changing him. He supports certain causes with your money. Some people strongly disagree with said causes and don't want to indirectly support them and thus do not support his business. How is that not a completely legitimate thing to do?

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
Seeing a Chick Fil-a is a mainly southern food chain this doesn't really surprise me in the slightest and since they don't have a single restaurant anywhere by me I guess I'll just continue not eating their food regardless of their stance.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Avoiding someone with Hateful views is advisable (especially when I go off my happy pills). Its fine to like the product though as long as they don't use it as a propaganda.
217not237 said:
The whole homophobia aspect does contribute slightly, though.
I'm not entirely convinced that expressing your opinions on who should have the right to marry can be considered hateful or an irrational fear.

Well I don't believe that marriage is a right. It's just there... It's a traditional thing, and each decade it becomes more and more obsolete.

Now, saying that there can't be any civil unions between two humans because reasons is state sponsored discrimination. Why not even create civil unions between three or more people?

I'd rather just break conventions and give everyone equal rights than digging deeper the pit that "marriage" has become. Why mess around with tradition when you can create new ones?

Point is: if a country still has no same-sex marriage then rather "break conventions" than wasting time changing a tradition. Somehow I don't think that opinion is hateful or result of a phobia.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Steve the Pocket said:
Casual Shinji said:
Walt Disney hated jews but I still like his movies.
And you get your history from Family Guy but I still... oh wait no I'm totally judging you right now for that.
I get my info from Family Guy... how?

That fact that Walt Disney was kinda anti semitic is common knowledge, even before Family Guy existed.

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
Chik-fil-a is the only fast food place that doesn't serve poison. Their sandwiches and nuggets are delicious, and they have really good lemonade and iced tea.

I don't care that their executives have misguided christian values, I'm still going to buy their damned nuggets and lemonade.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Its not my favorite place to eat to begin with.

In my area, where there's chik-fil-a, there's always something better near by.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
The only reason to restrict gays to civil unions is because of homophobia
No.

I don't know how the hell I made this post have actual content, because the "No." is my final opinion. You can't prove that everyone who disagrees with you has any kind of irrational fear, and I can't prove weather the Chick-fil-a owner is a homophobic prick or not. And neither can you.